Final Chapter

The Good, the Bad, and the Ones in Love

Final Chapter

Four years later

 

Ella and Stephanie were bouncing in front of the door. They couldn’t wait to see their cousin! “Girls, calm down, we’ve just rung the bell.” Their mother tried to calm them down in Swedish but nothing what Mari said could calm them down and Thorsten just laughed while saying: “It’s been three months since they saw Henry but it apparently was too long.” Mari sighed and nodded but their attention to their daughters was gone when the door opened, revealing Yunho and Jaejoong.

“Ah you’re here. We were waiting for you, the others are here already.” Yunho smiled at his aunt and uncle while Ella and Stephanie were just bouncing up and down. “Yunho were is Henry?” Ella asked while Stephanie hid a bit behind her older sister, she wasn’t as social as her older sister but her mom said that it would come with time. “Henry? I don’t know where Henry is…” Yunho looked at his right to Jaejoong but his boyfriend also shrugged, he didn’t know where Henry was either.

“They’ll look for Henry themselves.” Mari smiled as she tried not to burden the couple and she softly pushed her girls inside, who took that as an invitation to search for their cousin.

They rushed inside, searching every corner of the house, seeing some boys playing with the games in front of the TV (A/N: Indeed that was ninja SHINee), which made them roll their eyes.

The two sisters ran into the garden. And first tried it with a few people they recognised from the few last times that they had seen each other, Ryeowook, Yesung, Siwon and Kibum where in a serious conversation but they gladly allowed the two sisters to ask the question that was bothering them already for five minutes.

“Henry?” Ella only asked with her cousins name because she didn’t know any English nor Swedish but the grown-ups knew what they were talking about. They shook their heads and shrugged their shoulders which told Ella and Stephanie enough.

“Where could Henry be?” Ella asked her little sister but the eleven year old just shook her head and bit her lip. It was very strange that no one knew where Henry was.

They decided to try to ask their uncle who was turning the sausages on the barbeque while talking with Hangeng. Heechul was on Hangeng’s lap, drinking a glass of wine. He smiled when he saw the two girls walking to them and attended Daniel of their presence.

“Uncle Daniel,” Stephanie sweetly asked, she liked her uncle and felt pretty comfortable around him, “Do you know where Henry is?”

“Henry? No, I haven’t seen Henry for about half an hour, maybe you should ask your aunt. She always knows where my little troublemaker is.” He smiled to his niece and Ella decided to continue the conversation when she realized that her little sister didn’t dare to ask more.

“Where is auntie Anne?”

Daniel exchanged some words with Hangeng and Heechul before nodding when he got an answer. “Hangeng saw her for the last time in the kitchen.” The two girls nodded and dashed into the kitchen where their aunt was preparing some bacon together with Leeteuk while Kangin was pouring himself some beer.

“Auntie Anne?” Ella asked and their aunt sweetly smiled: “Aww, there you are darlings, I’m glad that you wanted to come too.” Ella and Stephanie impatiently nodded while waiting for their aunt to end her sentence, “Have you found Henry already? Your mom said that you were looking for the little rascal.” When their aunt asked that, they realized that their aunt also didn’t know where Henry was.

“No, we didn’t. Do you know where Henry could be?” Stephanie asked and Anne slightly frowned, exchanging some glances with Leeteuk and Kangin. “Well, Donghae was supposed to watch Henry. Why don’t we go ask him?”

Ella and Stephanie smiled and nodded, happy that they came a bit closer to Henry and they walked along with their aunt to the garden but they couldn’t find Donghae or Henry.

Anne walked with the two sisters to a kissing couple that was sitting on the side of the lake behind the house and coughed to get their attention. The couple turned around and recognised Sungmin and Kyuhyun who Ella and Stephanie had met a long time ago already. Anne asked them if they knew where Donghae or Henry was and Kyuhyun gave her the smug answer that Donghae was probably somewhere with Eunhyuk in a closet while Henry was somewhere on her own. Anne concluded from that answer that neither Kyuhyun nor Sungmin had any idea where her children went.

She stomped back to the house, in search for not only Henry now but also for Donghae, while the two sisters where running after her. Thinking of the fun times they could have with Henry.

They found Donghae and with that also Eunhyuk in Donghae’s room where they were heatedly kissing each other. Anne immediately covered both the sister’s eyes with her hands while coughing louder than she had done with Kyuhyun and Sungmin.

Both Donghae and Eunhyuk flew upright after which Eunhyuk let himself fall on the bed in embarrassment. Donghae on the other hand, remembered his task when he saw his mother and his two cousins.

“Lee Donghae, where in the world is Henry?!” His mother demanded and Donghae scratched his nape in embarrassment before softly admitting that he didn’t know.

“You don’t know?! It was your job to keep an eye on Henry. You know that that rascal runs everywhere and anywhere! And you were just snogging here with Hyukjae?!” Donghae nodded in shame and stood up when his mother ordered him to and they all walked back to the garden where Anne asked everyone to help her find Henry who went missing.

Everyone searched hard, they searched in every corner but nowhere was Henry to be found! Anne sighed as sat down next to her parents. Edith and Staffan didn’t need to search for their grandchild and instead they handled the refreshments.

“I don’t remember Donghae nor Yunho to be this good in hiding.” Anne sighed as she watched everyone search for her child. She wasn’t that worried because she knew that she had made everything in the house and around the house childproof but she still needed to find Henry.

“That was because you didn’t have so much space for them to hide. Henry can hide everywhere from the basement to the attic.” Edith smiled as she poured some juice in for Ella who was enjoying every bit of this hide and seek game with the grown-ups.

“The attic! That’s it!” Anne stood up and ran inside her house. She ran up several stairs until she reached to one that led to the attic. She opened the little fence that was there to keep Henry from going there – which apparently hadn’t worked. She climbed up the stairs and reached the attic where she heard someone talking.

A child’s voice was giggling and as Anne turned her head she saw a little girl sitting there on the ground with a big golden thing next to her.

“Henrietta, what in the world is this!” Anne tried to be stern when she saw her daughter sitting there. Henrietta – or Henry as everyone lovingly called her – turned around and gave a little squeak of surprise and happiness when she saw her mother standing there. She shoved a bit to the side and showed her mom her new treasure that she had found.

“Mommy, pharo!” She giggled and Anne shook her head as she came closer, “No, sweetie. You mean a Pharaoh and that is a pyramid. Henry look at her with a not understanding face and Anne walked closer to her daughter but her eyes widened twice their size when she saw papers lying next to the pyramid that Henry obviously had discarded as not important.

She crouched down next to Henry and picked up the papers on which one could read: ‘Blaupausen’. She sighed and shook her head before putting the papers back into the dragon’s eye. She closed the top of the pyramid. It could be opened and closed now without the need of Donghae’s fingerprints. That had only worked the first time, as soon as the dragon’s eye was opened, the seal was broken.

She safely stored the dragon’s eye away and then hoisted her daughter up her hip. “You, my little darling , are a real detective for finding the blueprints that were lost for decades. Honestly, this just confirms my suspicions that men are stupid, all the big names couldn’t find the papers while a four year old girl can.” She pricked Henry in her stomach which made the little girl giggle.

Anne walked down from the attic while she said to herself in thought: “Maybe I should stop storing things in the attic. People tend to find those things.”

 

The End…

 


For the people who don't understand the last bit, an author's note is coming up to help you!