Chapter Six

The Good, the Bad, and the Ones in Love

Chapter Six

Jaejoong stared to the board with the departures. His sunglasses were in his hair and he was tapping with his foot while waiting for Yunho who was buying their tickets. Eventually his foot began to hurt so he sat down on his large suitcase, which was pink with Hawaii flowers on it.

When they were packing their suitcases, Yunho had asked why exactly he had chosen such a large and girly suitcase. Jaejoong had protested saying that he needed it for his clothes (since Yunho absolutely refused to tell where they were going, he had to pack clothes for every kind of weather) and that it was easy to notice his suitcase if it was on the belt. And all of those arguments were true but Jaejoong refused to admit to Yunho that he had actually chosen the suitcase because he liked it the best. Though he had been hesitating between the one he now owned and the one with purple dots on it.

“Here is your ticket.” Yunho still had his sunglasses on, obviously to hide the tears that he had shed last night when he had that dream. Jaejoong sighed. He had woken up when Yunho screamed and cried. Shocked he shook the older one’s form and Yunho had woken up, still very scared by the dream but he refused to tell about it.

Jaejoong took the ticket in his hand and read:

 

Korean Air

NAME: Kim/Jaejoong

FLIGHT: GA 034                             31JAN13                              TO: Arlanda - Stockholm

DEPARTURE TIME: 19:30

BOARDING: 19:00                          GATE: 20                             SEATNUMBER: 06B

 

“You’ve got to be kidding me…” Jaejoong whispered as he read the ticket, “We’re going to Sweden?”

Yunho didn’t look at him and just stared at the departures board for the time. It was 18:13. Without saying a word he took Jaejoong’s hand and pulled him along with him.

“Yunho, please explain to me why we’re going to Sweden.” Jaejoong pleaded but Yunho still didn’t answer which made him even more irritated than he already was.

“YUNHO!” He half shouted, half whined.

“I’ll explain it over dinner, okay.” Was Yunho’s only answer and Jaejoong nodded. Happy that he at least got a chance to figure out what Yunho was thinking. Jaejoong was determined to help his boyfriend with finding his mother. Yunho on the other hand was probably thinking that he could do everything on his own so that he could keep Jaejoong ‘safe’ and Jaejoong hated that. He wanted to help and he didn’t like the idea of the damsel in distress, especially when he wasn’t even a woman!

“.” Yunho stood abruptly still and Jaejoong pushed himself to Yunho. Even when he didn’t like the idea of being the damsel in distress, he wasn’t fearless either. “What’s wrong?” He whispered to Yunho.

Yunho’s face was scrunched up in irritation and he grabbed Jaejoong’s suitcase. “I forgot to check this in.”

Jaejoong gaped for a moment at Yunho before he screeched: “I thought that something terrible had happened! Don’t ever scare me like that again!” Yunho, who was always freakishly calm when Jaejoong became angry, just nodded and kissed Jaejoong’s cheek which had become red in Jaejoong’s anger.

“Just look for a café or something, I’ll be right back.” And Yunho was running away with Jaejoong’s suitcase. Jaejoong just shook his head. Forgetting that suitcase was exactly the thing that reminded him of the fact that he was dating Donghae’s half-brother. They both could be so oblivious.

Jaejoong walked further until he realised that he had to go to the security first before they could go in cafés . He face palmed and stood still. He turned around to wait for a certain Jung Yunho to arrive.

Five minutes later, Yunho came back, panting.

“Why haven’t you found a café yet?” He asked while looking at his watch. It was 18:21.

“Because we haven’t gone to the security yet?” Jaejoong answered in the form of a question.

“Oh yeah.” Yunho answered sheepishly.

Jaejoong just shook his head and grabbed Yunho’s hand this time. “Why are you so out of it? You’ve never been this absentminded.”

Yunho sighed and walked along with his to security: “It’s a combination, I think. I haven’t got any sleep, my mom’s gone, I’m leaving my little brother alone in this country. It’s just hard.”

Jaejoong’s face softened and he lovingly caressed Yunho’s hand with his thumb: “It’s going to be alright.” He kissed his boyfriend’s face and Yunho’s face lit up a little bit.

They arrived at security and after a quick examination they could go through. Jaejoong immediately grabbed Yunho’s hand again. He knew that he felt safer with his hand locked with the older one, just as he knew that Yunho was feeling something similar.

Finally they found a café at the end of the hall with shops. It was quiet, everyone was eating by either the Burger King or McDonalds. They sat down and a shy girl came to them to give them the menu.

Yunho was reading the menu when Jaejoong finally decided to ask him what was bothering him.

“Why are we going to Sweden?”

Yunho looked up from the menu. “Because that’s where we hopefully find clues.” He answered and Jaejoong looked confused.

“How do you know we will find it there?”

“I don’t know. I hope.” Yunho answered and he smiled at the waitress that came for their orders.

“Explain.” Jaejoong said sternly after he ordered.

Yunho sighed and then smiled at his boyfriend who was so determined to know what was going on. “Okay, I’ll tell.” He conceded. “I actually remember Donghae’s dad.” He said bluntly and Jaejoong’s eyes widened considerably.

“What but I thought-”  He began but Yunho cut him off.

“I know what you thought and I know what I said to you and also to mom and Donghae. I lied, Jae.” He confessed and Jaejoong just gaped at him. Then he remembered that he had to say something back: “Why?” He asked to most original question and Yunho softly smiled at him. “You know that my mom always became sad whenever we were talking about Donghae’s dad or mine.”

Jaejoong nodded, but he tried not to answer verbally so that Yunho would just keep talking.

“She tried to hide it but Donghae and I always noticed that. She would suddenly become so quiet. We hated that so we decided not to talk about it. I even went so far to say that I didn’t remember him.”

“But you did.” Jaejoong breathed out.

Yunho nodded to Jaejoong. But stopped with talking when the waitress came with their food. They friendly smiled and thanked her for their food.

“So, what do you remember?” Jaejoong decided to continue the conversation.

“I remember that he was a very tall man. Just as tall as my mom, friendly too to the people that he liked. He actually is a bit like Donghae, though he is smarter and less naïve. I remember him being very clumsy. He once broke a vase that my mom got for her marriage with my own dad. Luckily she didn’t mind that.”

“Are you sure that he didn’t do that on purpose?” Jaejoong cut in, catching Yunho in surprise and the older one actually thought about it. “Never thought about that… could be.” He answered with a smile and Jaejoong smiled too.

“But what do you remember that is a clue?” Jaejoong inquired. He had become curious now.

“I remember the day that he went away…” Yunho’s face became sad, as if he still missed Donghae’s dad even after all those years.

“What? But your mom said that he went away quietly, didn’t she?” Jaejoong was shocked. He actually had heard the story about Donghae’s and Yunho’s dads from Donghae since neither Anne nor Yunho liked to talk about it (even when Yunho denied it, saying that he only did it for his mom).

“Well yes, because he went away quietly for my mom but he came to me in the middle of the night and muttered to me: ‘I’m sorry that I have to go Yunho, but I’ve brought the three of you in danger by my selfishness. I hope that you’ll become a strong man and that you’ll be a good older brother. Goodbye.’ And then he left the room. Only to never be seen again.” Yunho explained to Jaejoong but Jaejoong was still confused.

“I don’t get it, why are we going to Sweden?” He asked again and Yunho gave him a little smile.

“The best that I have now is that my mom’s disappearance has something to do with that selfish thing that Donghae’s dad did all those years ago. I went through all my mom’s business deals last week and there was not a single strange thing in it so that’s the only thing that’s left.”

“But why Sweden?” Jaejoong asked again, becoming a bit irritated because Yunho gave him the feeling that he was stalling things.

“Because that was the place where he met my mom. We’ll try to trace their steps in order to find out what kind of selfish thing he had done!” Yunho wrapped his story up and finished his plate.

Jaejoong on the other hand wasn’t hungry anymore and had just eaten half of it.

When they stood out of the café, Yunho looked on his watch. “It’s four minutes before seven. Shall we walk to the gate?” He proposed and Jaejoong nodded. He just let Yunho pull him in whatever direction they needed to go. He was completely dazed by the story and he was scared that Yunho was looking at a far-fetched thing. He could only hope that this journey would bring them closer to Yunho’s mom.


Well, seems like I surprised everyone here... Why did nobody think of Yunho and Jaejoong? They're your new helpers, they'll help you to figure out where this story is going. Be happy with them because originally I wasn't planning them into the story... but I couldn't just leave them out, so I put them in!

But I forgot something in the last update too, Sungmin's and Siwon's age:

Sungmin is 24

Siwon is 23

There you have it :)

So I have two horrible tests coming up today that I'm going to ruin, so I'm asking something that's really, really selfish: PLEASE UPVOTE, SUBSCRIBE AND COMMENT!!! Because I want to smile on the end of the day... >.<

I'll give you something really fun in return in the next update: Donghae, Eunhyuk and a bed! ;)