Chapter Five

The Good, the Bad, and the Ones in Love

Chapter Five

Drowsy, Donghae opened his eyes. Everything was still blurry and he had a gigantic headache. What had happened? He blinked and his surroundings became clear to him. Well, not exactly that clear since it was dark in the room wherever he was placed.

He shifted a bit but his movements were restricted. He felt something cutting his wrist and he tried to get out of it but it only hurt more. He even felt his wrist throbbing. He tried to look up but he moved a bit too much to the right side and he gave a little whimper of pain because he cut his right left wrist. Something warm was trailing down his wrist.

Softly, Donghae tried to move his wrists again and he heard some metallic sound. He tried to look up again, this time controlling his movements so that he wouldn’t hurt himself again, and saw manacles. He let out a frightened whimper. Where was he? What had happened? Those questions dominated everything in his head. His wrist were chained by manacles that were secured on the wall. A chain gave him some movement with his arms but his wrists were hanging at the same height as his head was, which resulted in his blood being drained from his wrists. Well, obviously not all his blood because a little stream of blood was coming from a cut that was made by one of the manacles.

And that was not all, both of his feet were also chained, though they had a bit more freedom than his wrists.

The longer he sat in the dark, the more he could see. So after two minutes sitting there he discovered Kyuhyun lying not too far from him. Well, it wasn’t exactly lying because his chains wouldn’t allow him to. It looked more like some failing gymnastics move but it still looked like it would hurt if he woke up.

“Kyuhyun…Kyu!” Donghae yelled in a whisper to wake his best friend. He wasn’t sure if anyone could hear him from outside the room but he wasn’t taking any chances. So he spend some minutes in trying to wake his friend who woke up with a groan.

“, my arms.” Kyuhyun dragged himself up to a sitting position and then looked around him. When he heard Donghae’s relieved sigh, he looked aside and slowly their situation sank in.

Furiously he began pulling his own chained wrists. Donghae didn’t exactly know what Kyuhyun was doing but then again, he never knew what a genius would think.

After a little while, Kyuhyun stopped and whispered to Donghae: “Are you alright?” Donghae hadn’t been exactly thinking about himself, he had been more concerned about Kyuhyun so he hadn’t analysed his own emotions.

But now that Kyuhyun had said it, he felt afraid, tired and a rare emotion that he seldom had: anger. The people that were holding him and Kyuhyun probably had his mother too! He had already been furious that he had been kidnapped (though he was too much of a coward to act on it), he had been beyond furious that Kyuhyun had been kidnapped but the fact that his mother had been taken too made him want to raise hell in well… this hellhole. Because it reeked in the room. Donghae couldn’t identify all the smells but he was sure that some of them were perspiration and urine. And though he wasn’t sure he thought that he was also smelling some faint blood scent but that could also come from his wrist.  

“I’m not alright.” He whispered, his anxiousness seeping through. It was always his flee instincts that had the upper hand. He saw Kyuhyun’s form wrestling with the chains in order to get closer to him, but that obviously didn’t work.

“It’ll be alright, I promise.” Kyuhyun said when he realised that his attempts were futile.

The door to their cell opened and both Donghae and Kyuhyun squeezed their eyes shut in order to protect them from the light that came from the hallway.

“Ugh, never liked these prisons.” They heard a voice speaking and Donghae slowly peaked under his eyelids to see the strawberry blond male stand standing in their cell. He was looking around and Donghae used the opportunity to look around himself.

Kyuhyun and he were currently seating on the dirty floor. Everything was made of stone in the room except for the chains and the door which were made of metal. The walls were smeared with various substances but Donghae didn’t know what they were though he suspected that the smells came from them.

“Well, look who we have here, handsome,” The strawberry blond male began to speak while looking at Kyuhyun, “and the cry-baby.” He taunted while looking at Donghae.

“I’m not a cry-baby!” Donghae yelled at him in a sudden flash of anger. Though his statement seemed a bit ridiculous since he had tears in his eyes.

“Oh, don’t be so offended. There calling me a bunny around here which is just as offending and you don’t see me crying around.” Sungmin lectured Donghae, who was taken slightly aback. Kyuhyun on the other hand chuckled, obviously amused by the nickname.

“What are you doing?” That sudden voice shocked the three people in the room. Donghae knew that cold voice, that cold intonation. With big, scared eyes he looked at the doorframe in which the man appeared that he never wanted to see again, the man whose name he knew: Eunhyuk.

He took a better look at the man than he did the first time. He was taller than the strawberry blond man but just by a few centimetres. He had a defined jaw and one-lidded eyes. His hair was platinum blond which somehow made him even more inapproachable than he already was. He had plump lips but the corners of his mouth were turned down which made it seem like he had a constant scowl on his face. And even when all these things made the man look dangerous and inapproachable, the man was still very handsome.

Donghae let his eyes trail down the Eunhyuk’s body. He gasped when he saw bandages on the man’s left shoulder, under his wife beater. Still he made it look like it didn’t hurt him at all, as if his well-toned body had absolutely no problem with being hurt. That actually made Donghae feel like a wimp because he often had already tears in his eyes when he only had a graze.

“Nothing.” The smaller male said to Eunhyuk and Donghae let his gaze go back to the former’s face. But then another male entered the cell. This one was taller, almost half a head and had a much more toned body than the other two, though that didn’t mean that the other two looked less dangerous. Donghae looked at the new stranger who had a kind smile on his handsome face. Donghae preferred that kind of face to the strawberry blond male’s bipolar ones or Eunhyuk’s scowl.

“Yeah, sure Sungmin. I bet you already spoke with them.” The tallest said and Donghae had the urge to furiously nod so maybe that annoying Sungmin could get punished. Calling him a cry-baby, that was the stupidest thing he heard (Donghae denied that he was in denial)!

“Oh, shut it Siwon.” Sungmin scowled and the taller just laughed harder.

“Enough!” Eunhyuk suddenly yelled and to Donghae’s surprise the other ones immediately composed themselves and turned around to stand behind Eunhyuk.

Worried, Donghae exchanged a glance with Kyuhyun before looking back at Eunhyuk and his friends.

Eunhyuk walked to Donghae, his steps resounded through the room and Donghae cringed. Eunhyuk sat down on his heels so that he could look Donghae in the eyes. And even if Donghae had wanted to look away, he couldn’t because those deep, cold eyes everything out of him. He felt like he even didn’t know his own name anymore.

“So this is how we are gonna play,” Eunhyuk spoke almost softly to Donghae but Donghae had never felt so afraid as he did at that moment, “you’re going to tell me where your mother is or your friend dies.” Donghae’s eyes widened and he quickly looked at Kyuhyun who looked just as afraid as he felt.

Donghae felt like he couldn’t speak, it was like words couldn’t form themselves into a sentence anymore. He just stared at Eunhyuk until the latter growled in his face: “Now.”

“I… I don’t know where m-mom is.” Donghae stuttered because of the nervousness and he looked Eunhyuk in the eyes hoping that the other would believe him but he already knew that that wasn’t the case.

“Wrong answer.” Eunhyuk stood up and walked to Kyuhyun. The younger man looked up in fright and braced himself when Eunhyuk raised his fist.

“Really, I really don’t know! How should I know where you hid her?!” Donghae screamed and Eunhyuk slowly lowered his hand. Looking confused and very surprised at Donghae. Donghae felt tears already streaming from his eyes and he already found it hard to breath and nothing had even happened yet!

“Why do you think we have her?” Siwon raised his eyebrows as he calmly looked at the crying teenager on the ground. Sungmin was pouting, obviously not happy that there hadn’t been any violence.

“B-because y-you guys-s we’re t-the last one-s with h-her…” Donghae managed to utter and he saw Eunhyuk’s face scrunched up in confusion.

“We abandoned our mission when Eunhyuk got shot by one of your mom’s accomplices,” Sungmin explained, “we didn’t take her.”

“Another word for fleeing.” Kyuhyun muttered but only Donghae could hear him and he shot him a teary-eyed glare.

“Then w-what about the o-other shot?” Donghae asked and now everyone except Kyuhyun looked at him with surprise.

“Another shot?” Siwon repeated and he quickly exchanged a look with Eunhyuk.

“Let Yesung examine the place.” Eunhyuk ordered and Siwon nodded before walking out of the cell.

“So what do we do now? Torture them?” Sungmin proposed and Donghae’s and Kyuhyun’s eyes widened in horror.

“No,” Eunhyuk refused to everyone’s surprise, “I’ll take this one to my room.” He said with a cold, sly smirk on his face and Kyuhyun began to protest but everyone ignored him. Eunhyuk grabbed some handcuffs out of his pocket and cuffed Donghae’s wrists painfully before freeing his wrist and ankles from the wall. Donghae wriggled and tried to get out of Eunhyuk’s grasp but the boss had too much strength. He lifted Donghae over his shoulder and Donghae got a perfect view of his . Donghae stopped for a second with struggling, to dazed to do anything before he began struggling again.

“Keep doing that if you want me to slam your .” Eunhyuk sneered and immediately Donghae became as rigid. It would’ve been a funny sight if it wasn’t happening in such a dreadful situation.

“Eunhyuk? What do you want me to do with the other?” Donghae heard Sungmin yell from the cell as Eunhyuk walked into the hallway.

“Do whatever you want! I don’t care.” Eunhyuk yelled back and Donghae’s mind became full of very unpleasant things that Sungmin could do to his friend.

One thing was clear, they were in deep trouble!


You guys must be hating me now, I stopped were the fun part begins ;) Or well at least that's what you guys think... (*wooeh* mysterious (sorry can't help it)). So now were a bit further into the story and it gets more complicated from now on, so if you guys have questions please ask them so I can make it clearer for everybody.

The strawberry blond male... indeed it was Minnie but that was an easy one, wasn't it?

So next up is: the airport (dun...dun...dun...duuhhhn), so who wants to guess?

Oh yeah, what I forgot last time: Thank you so much for upvoting, subscribing and commenting. Especially that commenting, did you guys tell each other that I give hints when you comment (damn, wasn't supposed to tell that :P), because I had suddenly more comments than with three chapters together! I loved it btw just like the upvoting and subscribing! So please continue doing that, it makes me happy which I need because I'm in the middle of my finals currently and need some boosts. And you have no idea what kind of boosts upvoting, subscribing and commenting give ;)

And yes, the colours don't work with me...again -.-"