Chapter Twenty-Seven

The Good, the Bad, and the Ones in Love

Chapter Twenty-Seven

When they got out of the car, it was already dark. Donghae wasn’t sure how late it was. He looked up to the modern looking building. He had seen it before. They were in the middle of Seoul’s centrum and this club was one of the best. His mom told him that once when they had been out shopping. She had him promising that he would never step one foot in that building.

Donghae had to break that promise as Eunhyuk pulled him along with him to the entrance were there were three bouncers. Everything seemed still relatively quiet but it would get busier later that evening. The bouncers let Eunhyuk and him in without any problem.

There came a man who took both Eunhyuk’s and Donghae’s coat and Eunhyuk pulled Donghae a bit closer to him. “Promise me that you listen to everything I say without talking back.” He looked sternly at Donghae. The younger one gulped and nodded, a bit fearful what could happen if he didn’t.

“Good.” Eunhyuk nodded and they both walked inside a loud room. Donghae wanted to put his hands over his ears but refrained himself and he looked around. The room seemed dark, despite many lights that seemed to be everywhere and it was also very crowded.

Donghae unconsciously walked a bit closer to Eunhyuk as the latter walked to the other side of the room to a staircase. They climbed it and walked inside a room that looked over the whole dance floor downstairs. Donghae could now hear the music without becoming deaf and he even began enjoying it for a bit. Then he looked at the people in the room.

“Eunhyuk!” He heard one of the three girls in the room say. Eunhyuk’s frown disappeared a bit and he kindly called her and the two others: “Jessica! Yoona, Sunny!” The three girls beamed at him and stood up to bow for him. “It’s nice to see you again!” Another girl said to him, Yoona, Donghae presumed.

“I have some business here, can the three of you take care of Donghae?” He asked the girls who delightfully nodded as Eunhyuk pushed Donghae up front. Blushing, Donghae looked down at the floor. He was too shy to meet the girls’ excited faces.

“I’ll be back later…” Eunhyuk walked out of the room before Donghae could say a thing and a bit uncomfortable Donghae turned to the three girls in the room. He expected them to turn nasty because that was what all those kind of girls did in books. But they kindly looked up to him and one of them (Donghae thought that it was Sunny) pulled him onto the couch were the three of them were sitting on.

“You’re so cute!” Jessica said to him while she pinched one of his cheeks and Donghae really didn’t know where he had to look anymore. How could it be that these girls were associates of Eunhyuk a man that could be so stern and angry looking!

“I- I’m not cute!” Donghae protested as he put a hand on the cheek in which Jessica pinched. The tallest of the three, Yoona, ruffled his hair and said: “Sure you are!”

Sunny grabbed his hand and asked: “How old are you?” Donghae blushed again, he knew that he shouldn’t be in a club if he was only seventeen but then again Eunhyuk had brought him in! “I’m s-seventeen.” He stuttered and the eyes of the girls widened quite a bit. Donghae looked down in shame…

“Aww…” The three of them sighed in a chorus, their eyes were glittering which pleasure. “He’s so cute!” Jessica exclaimed again. It was as if it was the only thing that she could say. Sunny rubbed his arm with her head and sighed in content.

“It’s been a while since Hyuk brought a cutie along!” Yoona exclaimed and Donghae looked up, quite curious who the other ‘cutie’ was. Sunny nodded in thought: “Oh yeah, Wookie was so shy,” she told the other girls, “just like you!” 

“I’m not shy!” Donghae whined while pouting but the girls swooned over his pout instead of listening to his protests. Donghae really didn’t understand these girls. What kind of relationship did they have with Eunhyuk?

“This calls for a celebration!” Yoona clapped in her hands and the other two excitedly nodded. Jessica leaned her body over to the phone that was on the side table and dialled a number. “Yes, Jessica here.” She told the other side while grabbing a menu with her other hand. “I would like to order a…” she quickly scanned the menu: “A ‘ on the beach’…”. She looked at the other girls while Donghae’s eyes widened. How could you order ‘ on the beach’? Were there men who were prepared to have with anyone that asked for it?

Sunny made a really strange gesture but Jessica seemed to understand it: “I’m sorry, two ‘ on the beach’,” and Donghae felt like his eyes would pope out of his sockets. He felt himself involuntarily heat up by the thought that someone was going to have on the beach. He blushed and looked at the dancing people downstairs.

“A ‘Cosmo’,” Yoona told Jessica and then they all looked at Donghae. His eyes almost rolled out of their sockets when he heard Yoona’s order. Was she ordering a specific man named Cosmo?!  He was so lost in his thoughts that it he didn’t see their faces. When he noticed, Donghae quickly began waving his hands to indicate that he didn’t want anything. “And a ‘Cosmo’,” Jessica repeated Yoona’s order and she hung up.

“You don’t drink?” Sunny caressed Donghae’s hand sweetly while her brown eyes looked in his. “D-drink?” Donghae stuttered again. Were they talking about drinks? But he had thought…

“Of course he doesn’t drink!” Jessica slammed herself on her front head. “He’s only seventeen and probably never been to a club before!”

Yoona looked at him a bit incredibly: “You’ve never been to a club before?” She asked him to be sure and Donghae shyly nodded. He knew that it wasn’t exactly normal that he hadn’t gone to a club before - even if he was seventeen - but if either Yunho or his mom would’ve found out that he had gone to a club without their permission, he would’ve had house arrest until he was forty!

Before either of the three girls could say something, a waiter came inside the room with three drinks. Each of them had fruit on the side of the glass and at least three straws to drink from, though some of the straws were so long that Donghae doubted that they would drink from that. Yoona’s drink was bright red with a lemon and an orange on the edge of the glass. Jessica’s and Sunny’s drink was a bit more orange red and had watermelon and an orange on the edge of the glass.

Donghae liked his lips, Yoona saw it and she smiled: “Would you like to try it too?” She asked and she pushed her drink to Donghae…

 

***

 

The man screamed when Eunhyuk stood on his hand. Eunhyuk didn’t mind it and balanced out his weight so there was even more pressure on the man’s hand. “You should’ve thought of your three children before you began gambling.” He lectured the now sniffing man. “I don’t care for the brats, I never met them and they’re not my problem.” He rolled his eyes when the man began to make promises again: “I will have the money soon! Please give me a bit more time!” He pleaded and Eunhyuk snorted. He pulled out a gun out of the holster and with one swift ‘BANG’ the man lay on the ground. Dead. Eunhyuk didn’t want to look at him and ordered the two bouncers in the room to get rid of this nuisance.

His phone went off once again: “Yes?” He asked as he stamped with his foot as if he wanted to get rid of the germs that the man had given him.

“It’s Siwon.” He heard the calm voice on the other side tell him.

“Oh, why are you calling now? If it’s for those people, I already took care of them.” He told Siwon as he sat down in his big, leather chair.

“No, I’m not calling for that. I know that you can perfectly take care of that yourself.” Siwon sounded a bit irritated and Eunhyuk felt a bad feeling in his stomach.

“What is it then?” He tried not to sound too anxious and hoped that Siwon wouldn’t hear it.

“Yesung called, he’s in America now. They’re getting closer and closer to him.” Eunhyuk turned in his chair and stared out of the window which looked out over the dance floor but on the other side than the room where he had left Donghae behind.

“How does Yesung know?”

“They have been following them. Clearly not his best agents but still. Yesung thinks that it’s just a matter of time before he shows himself. What do you want him to do?” Eunhyuk thought about it very carefully. They couldn’t afford making a wrong move.

“Let him stay in the shadows, no need to show ourselves yet.” He order and Siwon hummed in approval.

“Oh and another thing: Hangeng and Heechul arrived one day early. I showed them Henry and Hangeng is now waiting for you to discuss our next move.” Now it was Eunhyuk’s turn to hum.

“Can I ask you one thing?” He asked Siwon. “Go ahead…” Siwon allowed him. “Why are you taking over Sungmin’s job?” Eunhyuk stood up and walked to the door, his hand was already on the knob; he was ready to hang up the phone as soon as he got his answer.

“I guess that Sungmin’s a bit more affected by Henry’s death and Kyuhyun’s wounds then he admits to himself…”

“Get him back to work.” Eunhyuk ordered and he hung up the phone. He was not really a er for sweet gestures with other people. Hell, it already surprised him that he had eaten ice-cream today! But still, a few nice and relatively sweet moments wouldn’t change his thoughts about everything and he definitely had no time for grief, too many people died with his job to still grief about things.

Within no time he was in front of the door to the little lounge. When he opened it he saw something… disturbing. On the coffee table stood at least twenty empty glasses and the three girls were all over the boy in the room. Jessica her clothing was hanging loose while Yoona had lost a shoe. Sunny was just so out of it that she was softly snoring on the couch. And Donghae…

 


I really like this chapter, it's mysterious and a teasing chap which really suits me ;). And since it's really me, I've probably got you guys on the edge of your chair... Hangeng and Heechul are waiting! Oh and then Donghae, or sweet little Donghae...

Next up: continuation of this chap (really you should expect some fun things!)

And then there is one little thing... where did all the comments go? Is it too much to ask for a little bit more comments...? It probably is, isn't it? But please remember to keep commenting, subscribing and upvoting... please? Getting a bit desperate here...