Chapter Fifty-Seven

The Good, the Bad, and the Ones in Love

Warning: This might be a double update for some of you - read Chapter Fifty-Six if you haven't yet!


Chapter Fifty-Seven

Eight months later

 

“To your right, Donghae, Taemin!” Key screamed to them and Donghae listened. It was a strategy that they made. And often it involved: listen to the more experienced.

Donghae jumped over a broken crate before dashing around a little corner, Taemin was on his heels as they ran away as quickly as possible. He jumped over the littlest things but also over the biggest, just like now as they ran into a dead end.

“!” Donghae cursed and looked up. He exchanged a quick glance and with Taemin and then lowered his shoulders a bit and interlaced his fingers so he could give Taemin a little push so that he could climb up the wall.

They managed to succeed easily because they had done it before. Still Donghae began to become nervous when he heard the voices coming closer and closer. He quickly grabbed Taemin’s stretched out hand and pulled himself up with Taemin’s help. Not a second later their pursuers reached the wall. Some of them, tried to climb up the same way as Donghae and Taemin, other’s turned around and ran so that they could get to them from another way.

Donghae and Taemin however, decided that they weren’t going to wait for that and they quickly let themselves fall down at the other side of the wall before running again. “Where- are the- others?” Taemin puffed but held his gaze at the road so that he wouldn’t slam into anything.

“Home- probably.” Donghae answered while his eyes darted everywhere to look for a possible escape route. They could go right, to the slums; there were enough escape routes. But they could also go left to their own house; there were the others who could probably help them.

“Should we go- too?” Taemin longingly looked at the left side. He probably wanted Key next to him. That motherly figure only babied Taemin and slapped Jonghyun and Donghae whenever they pranked the youngest.

Being inside Leeteuk’s and Kangin’s house had changed both Donghae and Sungmin. Sungmin didn’t often leave the house, he helped Leeteuk most of the time and he became very introvert and sometimes he didn’t even answer questions anymore. And when he was away with Kangin, he was very ruthless. He was not showing anyone mercy, which you needed with Kangin’s job because he had a security company.

Still Donghae could not deny that he probably had changed too. The five brothers had made sure that there hadn’t gone too much from his old personality but he had become a bit more adventurous and a bit more of a tease. Some of his naivety was gone but not all, making it still enjoyable for people. Though the most changes had happened with his body. He had become slightly taller and he was more toned because of all the running and training but he rather liked that.

“Let’s take a quick run to go home.” Donghae proposed and Taemin nodded, happy that Donghae wanted to do the same thing.

So they began running at their fastest speed, jumping, turning, searching and eventually they reached the high-class houses and they began to walk a bit slower. Their pursuers almost never followed them into these streets so they were save.

“Gosh, we should really be more careful when we steal something.” Taemin sighed and let his shoulders hang as Donghae pulled out a small, golden ring out of his pocket and held it up against the sun. “Yeah well, we got this beauty out of it!”

Taemin nodded but quickly urged Donghae to put the thing away when they came closer to their home. So he did and they slipped into the house so that Leeteuk wouldn’t bust them. They were about to walk upstairs when they heard talking into the kitchen.

Donghae sneaked to the door and Taemin gave him a what-are-you-freaking-doing face. Donghae ignored him and put his ear against the door through which he almost clearly heard his mother’s voice.

“I knew that it would come, Teukie. It came later than I expected but it came nonetheless.” His mother sounded distressed, it wasn’t normal since he was used to her reassuring voice.

“Anne, you’ve got to calm down, it’s not good for the baby.” Leeteuk urged her. Donghae’s mind went into overdrive. The baby? Was his mother expecting a baby? Since when? From who? His mind was tolling but he was still sane enough to stay as silent as possible.

“Don’t even begin to talk about my baby. It’s already a miracle that I haven’t gotten into labour too soon. Almost nine months of Eunhyuk’s tyranny and I’m still here with a big belly which is a huge accomplishment if you ask me.” Suddenly Donghae had forgotten all about the baby. It was Eunhyuk. This was the first piece of information that he got about Eunhyuk in eight months. He had absolutely no idea how the older was and he felt his stomach tingling when he even heard his name. It was a bit incredible for him that he still was in love even after all these years.

“What did he do then? Honestly you could’ve called us to give us even a bit of information. I couldn’t stand his constant asking because he asks once a day if I’ve heard anything. And when I say no, his disappointed face is too awful to look at.” Leeteuk sounded sad and Donghae felt a bit guilty that he flooded the male with questions.

Donghae heard a bit of a distorted sigh of his mother and then he realized that she was on the phone with Leeteuk. “His inhuman side took over completely, Teukie. It was horrible how he would shoot people without even hearing their pleas. Nothing seemed to get through to him, he was only focused on finding the dragon’s eye. Which honestly was the only piece of evidence of the old Hyukjae. I think he’s searching for Donghae because he’s the only one who can give him his humanity back but with so many days lost, I don’t even know if it’s still there. Sometimes, I really regret taking them away from each other. But it was the only thing I could do, and look at us now: it’s horrible.”

Donghae was burning with curiosity. “So now tell me then what happened?” Leeteuk pressed on and Donghae wanted to kiss the older male on the cheeks for asking that.

“They know, Teukie. They know everything. From Donghae’s fingerprints to where our base is. The only thing that I’ve been able to keep safe is Donghae. If I would not have send him away with Sungmin, he would’ve been caught like Eunhyuk and the others.”

Donghae’s mouth fell open and he would’ve screamed if he wasn’t pulled back by Taemin.

 


I'm beginning to see a pattern in my stories... oh well people like them so it's alright! Oh yes, what do we have here... Oh, I know, more trouble coming up! But before that we still need some answers and that's why:

next up: A huge answer chapter! To say it frankly, almost everything that's still a mystery is becoming clear!

So if you have really no idea about what's going on anymore and you like it or hate it, please let me know by subscribing, commenting or upvoting ^^!