Chapter Thirty-Five

The Good, the Bad, and the Ones in Love

Chapter Thirty-Five

Everyone was quiet as they walked to the morgue. Everyone was hoping that Daniel would recognise the gunman but nobody was expecting anything. After all, what were the chances of recognising someone that was not only a well-hidden mafia member but also a person that came out of a country  that was not even Daniel’s own?

Siwon turned the handle to the morgue and they all walked in a cold room with a wall full of little doors. Jaejoong pressed himself a bit more against Yunho to get some warmth. Kyuhyun stood a bit forlorn in the corner as Siwon was opening one of the little doors. Sungmin saw it and grabbed his hand: “Are you alright?”

Kyuhyun just nodded and watched as Siwon pulled out a bed out of the little door. Everyone stood around it and Daniel gave a rotten smile as he looked at the dead body:

“I know how impossible it seems but I recognise this dead fellow,” Jaejoong turned away from the grey bluish man. He found it disturbing as Daniel continued: “May I introduce you guys to Micky Yoochun. He was part of the Yamaguchi-gumi.”

Kyuhyun walked a bit to the front, pulling Sungmin with him: “Wait a minute… I’ve heard of that name isn’t that one of the Japanese mafia?”

Eunhyuk nodded darkly: “Yes it is. I was hoping it to be Jeju, that seemed easier to deal with but it seems like we’re going to make a trip to Japan.”

“Now stop there for a minute! You can’t just go to Japan and just walk into the base! You know that…” Daniel opposed and Eunhyuk threw him an irritated look.

“Of course I know that! I just don’t care!” Eunhyuk put his arms over each other.

“Hyuk, he’s right. You can’t just go to Japan, it would cause an full-scale mafia war.” Siwon added and Eunhyuk moved his dead glare to his underboss.

“Can we talk upstairs?” Yunho asked, “Jaejoong is getting very uncomfortable here.” He told the others and everyone nodded though some a bit later than necessary because they were too busy with glaring. 

 

Everyone sat once again on the large table in Eunhyuk’s office. Eunhyuk, Daniel, Siwon, Sungmin and Hangeng were debating what they should do when Kyuhyun screamed over them:

“Stop this!” Every person in the room averted their attention to Kyuhyun who was huffing with anger. He couldn’t listen to this bickering anymore!

“What do you want?” Eunhyuk was irritated beyond believe, they had Donghae’s location already so why weren’t they not rescuing him yet. He needed to calm down and deep inside himself, Eunhyuk knew that he wouldn’t be able to calm down without the other with him.

“I want to understand all of this! I want to know what the dragon’s eye is!” There were some gasps heard around him when he said that name, “I want to know when this all began! If we look at everything logically, then maybe we can find a simple solution!” His head was completely red and he sighed a bit in relief when he felt Sungmin’s cold hands laying themselves down on his face. He calmed down a bit but he saw that his outburst had made some impact!

Daniel leaned back in his chair. He had looked out in the room but most eyes seemed focused on either him or Eunhyuk.

“Very well, I’ll tell you from the beginning…”

 

***

 

Donghae felt light fingertips caress his head. He sighed in content. It felt very relaxing and he didn’t want to open his eyes until he felt something fall onto his cheek.

For one reason or another, his eyelids felt very heavy and he had trouble opening them up. But those soft caresses seemed to give him some kind of strength and he managed to utter a groan.

“Donghae, Donghae, are you awake?” The owner of those light fingertips asked.

Donghae knew who it was. He had always known. “M-mom?”

His mother’s voice had given him the last bit of strength that he needed and Donghae opened his eyes though he still couldn’t move his limps.

“Yes, sweetie, I’m here.” He felt a pair of lips press themselves on his front head and when he smelled his mom’s scent his eyes began to fill with tears.

“M-mo… Mom!” He began crying and he felt that his mother helped him to sit up. His blurry eyes suddenly saw his mother’s face. It made him even cry more, not only because he finally saw her again but also because of the state she was in. A blue bruise was very prominent on her cheekbone and she had some cuts on her front head. As his eyes trailed down he saw also bruises on her neck and collarbones. Her clothing prevented him from seeing more.

“Mom…” He cried out and it was as if his mother understood it: “Shh, shush sweetie, I’m alright. I’m fine… we’ll both be fine.” She told him in a reassuring voice as she rocked him back and forth with tears in her eyes as well.

“Mom?” Donghae asked after a while and his mother hummed. “Where are we? Why is all of this happening to us?” He asked her as he looked around in the room. His mother was chained with her arms to the bed on which they both lay but Donghae’s arms and feet were free. The room was grey and except for a toilet and a washstand, there was nothing.

  His mother stayed quiet for a moment as if she had to think about what she was going to say exactly but eventually she answered: “It’ll take a long time explaining…”

“Mom, please?” Donghae whined and his mother smiled.

“Well our story begins actually in 1945,” she began narrating as if it was a children’s bedtime story but Donghae didn’t mind, this way he could look at everything as if it was just a story and not the happenings in his life. His mother hoisted him a bit up so the she could find a comfortable position and as Donghae laid down his head in the crook of her neck, his mother kept caressing his hair and continued her story: “Germany was losing the war and needed to hide its secrets…”

 


Well that's just typical me, killing off Micky Yoochun before we even knew his name! Still I think that it gives you guys some kind of idea whose going to be the bad guys here... well some of them, at least. And now we're up for a bedtime story! Oh, and congratulations to the people who recognised Anne's voice... Indeed that was Anne! And nows the question... who holds her captive in Japan?

Next up: special storytime!

Thank you ELFish-and-chips for upvoting, thank you crime-tsumi for getting me all those subs (I was already wondering how that happened) and thank you commenters for being your awesome selves with commenting.

And this last sentence is for the people who thinks: again storytime? Yes, I've planned lots of actionscenes afterwards but those can't happen without the next chap (or two) so be patient and you will be rewarded (maybe... sorry actionscenes can go the wrong way too, we all know that >:))

Comment, Subscribe, Upvote... Now please! (Maybe a different approach helps :))