Chapter Twenty-Four

The Good, the Bad, and the Ones in Love

Chapter Twenty-Four

“Eunhyuk?” Donghae opened his eyes slowly and stared into the dark orbs of the mafia leader. The older one didn’t answer but seemed to wait for the question. “Can I see Henry?” Donghae’s voice was so soft that it hurt Eunhyuk to hear it. He was also sure that there were already tears b behind the younger one’s eyelids.

“Sure…” He let Donghae stand up from his lap. Donghae tried to wipe some tears away from his eyes but it kind of hurt since he had already rubbed so much. He sniffled and suddenly felt Eunhyuk’s hand sneak into his own.

In one way or another, the mafia leader didn’t seem as scary as he had been before. It was as if the tears had brought them closer to each other. Donghae had actually been quite surprised to see the tears because he had thought that the older one had been completely emotionless but when he noticed that the older one had been crying too, he had cried even harder.

Eunhyuk softly led Donghae towards a hallway where had never been before. Eunhyuk typed in the code and the both of them stepped into a cold, white room. It wasn’t a big room and there were no windows which made everything even more desolate.

Donghae’s gaze moved to the bed that was placed on the stage. On it was a body that lay as if it were sleeping. With trembling movements Donghae walked closer and Eunhyuk was afraid that the younger one would fall as he walked over but Donghae miraculously made it without tripping over something.

Donghae stumbled up the stairs and came face to face with the peaceful laying Henry. He wasn’t able to stop his tears as he watched the lifeless form on the bed. Eunhyuk walked over to him and hugged the boy’s shaking form to give him some comfort.

“It’s… It’s like- he’s sleeping…” Donghae uttered while he let his hand hover above Henry’s body, as if he wanted to touch it but at the same time he didn’t.

Eunhyuk softly nodded while caressing his arm so that he could distract himself from crying. “Do you want to touch him?” He asked the boy carefully. He wasn’t sure if Donghae wanted to touch the boy’s body because some people found it scary. Ryeowook didn’t want to come close to dead people, for example.

Donghae nodded and tried to reduce his crying to sniffing as he watched Eunhyuk lifting a part of the veil that had been put over Henry’s body; leaving his head and neck bare.

Donghae softly let his fingertips come down on the boy’s head. It felt cold, but it still felt so much like the old Henry that Donghae couldn’t help but cry again. He softly moved his hand to the boy’s hair which felt the same as his own.

“Shall we go back?” Eunhyuk proposed, “it’s not good for your health to stay in such a cold room.” He told the younger and Donghae nodded. Eunhyuk sadly smiled and placed the veil back over Henry’s head so that it covered his whole body again.

“I like the flowers…” Donghae looked at the white bouquets that were in each corner of the room. Eunhyuk Donghae’s hair to let him know that he appreciated that comment and they both walked out of the room. Both of their hearts heavy with emotions…

 

***

 

“Heechul?” A man peaked into the room to search for his red-haired beloved and his eyes softened when he found him crying on the bed. The man carefully walked to his lover, afraid that he would scare him with sudden movements and sat down next to him on the bed.

“Hannie…” Heechul let out a choked sob before burying himself into his lover’s arms. The man hugged him strongly and let out his own tears. They had gotten the news a few hours ago from Siwon. The man himself seemed void from any emotions but Hangeng knew that that was only because he had regulate so many things now that he wasn’t able to let out his emotions. Still Siwon’s emotionless voice had changed when he heard Hangeng’s crying and Hangeng was sure that he had let out some tears on his own.

After his phone call with Siwon, Hangeng had told Heechul. Heechul had run away from him towards their bedroom and Hangeng knew that he needed some space so he returned to their bedroom a bit later, wanting comfort too.

“He… He can’t be death,” Heechul choked out, “he was so full of life! He was…” Heechul’s words became incoherent as he cried harder. Hangeng his back and softly but determinedly mumbled: “I know but I promise you that we’ll avenge his death. We’ll make sure that whoever planned this, will pay.” Heechul nodded against Hangeng’s chest.

“When are we going?” Heechul murmured. Hangeng held him a bit tighter and looked up to the ceiling to stop his many tears from flowing, even if it was just for a bit.

“I have to take care of some business before I can leave everything to Victoria so I’m guessing around two days.” Hangeng felt Heechul’s form stiffening by the thought that he had to wait for that long.

“I could sent you on a plane if you want to see him now?” He offered but Heechul shook his head. “No, I want to stay with you. I want to see him with you, especially the first time.” Hangeng nodded and helped Heechul lay down on the bed.

“You need to rest, Chullie,” Heechul already wanted to protest but Hangeng was faster, “I know that you won’t really be able to sleep so I’ll sent some in later with some sleeping pills.” He told his lover and Heechul nodded and sighed contently as Hangeng softly caressed his hair.

“Sleep tight, Chullie.” Heechul heard Hangeng say and not a second after that he was asleep due fatigue.

 

Heechul woke up when he heard someone close the door behind him. “Hannie?” He asked a bit drowsy but the person didn’t answer so Heechul opened his eyes. It was as if as soon as the light came into his eyes that the happenings from earlier came in his brains too. Heechul felt his lower lip quiver and he had to bite back some tears because he was sure that there was someone else in the room.

His instincts hadn’t betrayed him. As Heechul looked into the room he saw a dark figure sitting in the corner. He felt his hackles standing up and with suspicious eyes he looked at the figure. “Who are you?” He spit out at the stranger. He couldn’t see the man’s face well through the darkness in the corner of the room.

“I’m Eunhyuk’s shadow-walker…” The man replied. Heechul had heard of shadow-walkers. They were considered the best henchmen around the world and only listened to the mafia leader they belonged too. Even Hangeng had shadow-walkers but Heechul had never seen any of them. The shadow-walkers were meant to protect the mafia leaders and they sometimes even acted without the leaders permission just too protect them. Some evil whispers said that the shadow-walkers held even more power than the mafia leaders themselves but Heechul didn’t really believe that because a man that would possess so much power wouldn’t listen to anybody with less power.

“What are you doing here?” He warily asked the man. That question elicited a grin from the shadow-walker. “I’m here to inform you about the real cause of Henry’s death.” He spoke softly but it was as if he dropped a bomb into the middle of the room for Heechul.

“His… the real… cause?” He stuttered out, he was now completely rigid and his big cat-like eyes were staring at the shadow-walker.

The shadow-walker didn’t pay any attention to the stuttering. “Yes. He wasn’t death by choice of the gunman but because of the boy. The boy pulled Henry in front of him and used him as a shield.” The shadow-walker’s grin didn’t vanish as Heechul asked: “But Siwon told Hangeng-” The shadow-walker shook his head: “They all believed what the little boy told them, only I – and now you too -  know that there was another reason.”

“But why didn’t you tell that to Eunhyuk?” Heechul’s voice trembled with fear and anger. He wasn’t sure which one was more prominent. “Because you’re the only one who still has a clear head… you’re the only one who can avenge little Henry.” The shadow-walker told Heechul. Heechul bit his lip and nodded.

The shadow-walker held up a little bottle, “You’ll need this.” Heechul eyed the bottle curiously. “What does it do?” He asked the dark male. But the shadow-walker didn’t answer and instead grabbed the cat, who had been sleeping on the sofa. Heebum, mewed hard in protest but the male was ignoring it and forced the cat to open its mouth. And before Heechul could do anything to safe his cat, the shadow-walker let one drop fall into its mouth. The cat began trashing to every side, it looked like it was in pain and not a second later it was limp in the shadow-walker’s hand. Heechul ran to his cat and put his hand on the little animal’s chest. It didn’t move anymore and there was no heartbeat. His cat was dead.

Heechul let his gaze wander from his cat to the shadow-walker. He didn’t know what to say. “One drop will be enough to kill the boy.” He told Heechul and he walked to the window. And before Heechul could say another word, he disappeared.

Heechul scoped the still warm body of his cat up in his arms and walked out of the door. He walked through the hallway, not paying attention to the looks that he received and knocked onto the door the let to the room of the underboss.

Victoria looked up as Heechul walked into the room and put down the body of the animal. “What is this?” Victoria asked him but Heechul didn’t answer that. “Please search for somebody who can set him up.” He requested coldly and without waiting for an answer he left the room. The only thing that was in his mind was getting revenge on the boy who killed Henry.

 


And just when we thought that everything  would be 'good' for a moment, you get this. Can't stop being me! *Yay* I haven't lost my touch! You guys are really surprising me though, no one is asking for extra explanations... still tell me if you don't understand something because I can understand that some things aren't really clear anymore. Sometimes they're not even clear to me and I'm the author ._.

So... You guys are awesome with upvoting (thanks: elf88 and teddy-chan1) and all the comments! I really love them so keep doing it and maybe the chapters will be getting a bit longer!

Next up... Well someone asked for a bit kyumin so I figured that next up is: MORE KYUMIN! Ain't I nice, listening to you guys...

AND REMEMBER TO COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE AND TO DEFINITELY UPVOTE~!