Chapter Twenty

The Good, the Bad, and the Ones in Love

Chapter Twenty

Yunho caressed Jaejoong´s soft hair while he looked at the photo that he got from his aunt. He looked at all the happy and content faces in the picture and wondered where those good times had gone. The dad had run away, the mom was presumably kidnapped and the little brother was all on his own in Korea while he was trying to patch everything up together, though up until now, it hadn´t really worked since he had still no idea where his mom was.

Jaejoong let his fingers trail slowly over Yunho´s chest and softly said: “Isn’t it strange how it seems that this story goes around the whole world? Makes me wonder what kind of man Daniel Lee is…” Yunho nodded unconsciously and he looked down at Jaejoong, who laid on the bed while he had positioned his head on Yunho’s shoulder.

Jaejoong held up his hand. “Korea,” he showed Yunho his index finger, “Sweden,” he put up his thumb, “and America,” he made the middle finger come up too. “Where would we go to after America...?” Jaejoong gaped.

Yunho stiffened and he softly sat up a bit more against the headboard. “Jaejoong, I won’t let you come with me to America.” Jaejoong went rigid and he sat up, his doe eyes were piercing Yunho´s almond ones. “What do you mean with ‘I won’t let you come’?” He asked Yunho in a low tone that was unnatural for him.

Yunho put on a serious face: “I mean that it will become dangerous, Jae. Looking for Daniel will obviously be like asking for danger and I’m not gonna let you walk into that.”

Jaejoong put his hands in his side and looked sternly at Yunho with a slight pout on his face (though he tried to mask it the best he could so that Yunho would take him seriously). “What makes you think that I am willing to let you walk into danger, Yunho, because I sure am not. And if you won’t let me go, then I won’t let you go either.”

Yunho became a bit desperate when he heard his boyfriend’s answer. He had already suspected that it wouldn’t be easy but he hadn’t thought that Jaejoong would be so unwilling to listen to his request. “Please, Jae. You will be safe if you stay with my grandparents-” He pleaded but Jaejoong wouldn’t hear it and shook his head. “No, Yunho. I’m going with you.” And Yunho knew that he couldn’t win this fight anymore. He sighed and nodded. He would just have to deal with Jaejoong but he at least knew that Jaejoong wouldn’t go down with a fight if it would become difficult in America.

 

***

 

They all had the shock of their lives when Donghae didn’t cower away when Eunhyuk walked into the room during dinner. Donghae just glanced up and even gave Eunhyuk a light smile before continuing with his dinner. And Eunhyuk had such a mysterious smile on his face that Kyuhyun was sure that the two of them had a secret though he wasn’t sure what. He and Henry had had a very long discussion about what it could have been because they had almost the entire time with Donghae so Henry thought that it had happened in the bedroom. Not such a nice thought for Kyuhyun who wanted to return his friend home with still his innocence intact even when his own wasn’t (thanks to a certain bunny). But he was happy that Donghae became a bit more comfortable and even though he didn’t like Eunhyuk (despite the fact that he never even really talked to the older one) he was thankful that the man didn’t act like a brute towards his best friend.

That didn’t mean that he wasn’t suspicious though and he still thought about everything later that evening when he had sneaked out of the bedroom to get something to drink. He walked into the kitchen and was surprised when he heard noises, was there still someone in the kitchen? Was Ryeowook already making breakfast or something?

But when he glanced around the corner he didn’t see Ryeowook but Kibum. He was busy with pouring in two wineglasses and Kyuhyun’s heart jumped by the thought of some alcohol. He had needed it for so long already but he didn’t want to ask anyone for it. It had actually surprised him though that people of the mafia weren’t drinking but there were always some odd people around.

“Hello.” Kibum’s soft voice startled Kyuhyun which made him stutter a hello back. Kibum gave him a smile, that was something really rare but Kyuhyun rather liked the smile because it made the normally very silent Kibum more approachable.

“What is that?” Kyuhyun pointed his finger at the pinkish liquid that was in the wineglasses. And Kibum’s smile actually became even wider than before.

“That’s my way to get Siwon in bed.” He told Kyuhyun on a very confidential tone but Kyuhyun became a bit confused. “Siwon gets sleepy from wine?” He asked him and Kibum let out a silent laugh. “Something like that… So why are you here, Kyuhyun?” Kibum eyed him quasi-sternly but Kyuhyun didn’t catch the joke and paled: “I just wanted something to drink because I couldn’t sleep. Please don’t tell on me!” He pleaded and the older one chuckled while softly nodding. “Why couldn’t you sleep?” He asked, genuinely interested. Kyuhyun sulked a bit and muttered: “That bunny wouldn’t stop touching my ear.” He told Kibum and Kibum’s eyes lit up mischievously but Kyuhyun didn’t see that because he hadn’t known Kibum for long, this was actually the first time that he had a real conversation with him.

“You know what?” Kibum said to him and Kyuhyun looked up from his feet in surprise, “you can have my glass with wine. It should help you relax.” Kibum shove the glass over the cooking island to Kyuhyun with a soft motherly smile. “Drink up.” He urged him and with a slight blush on his face for robbing Kibum from his drink like that, Kyuhyun drank everything in one go. “That’s a good boy.” Kibum patted Kyuhyun on the back as if he was a dog and then picked up the other glass. “Let’s see if Siwon will obey me just as good as you do.” He said softly and walked out of the kitchen.

Kyuhyun shook his head, he wondered how exactly this mafia worked because the people that were supposed to be in charge, were ordered around by people that were supposed to be listening to them.

Kyuhyun exited the kitchen himself and walked back to Sungmin’s room. But the further he walked, the slower he became. He began to feel some unexplainable thirst, which was really strange because he had been drinking just now. He also felt himself getting hotter and everything around him felt warm. He began to feel needy and just when he reached Sungmin’s door, it dawned to him. Kibum convinced Siwon to stop his work by giving him an… aphrodisiac. 

 


Well, I think that we can all see where this is going... so next up: continuation of this chap. Ah yes, Kibum and Siwon. I really like that couple in this story... Siwon as a blabbermouth and workaholic and Kibum who is often silent but he knows his ways to get Siwon to stop working... ;)

Btw, I haven't told you how old Kibum is... he's 20.

You know, I was almost ready to sit in a corner to cry... but then everything was alright because I when I woke up I saw that I got new subs ;) And an upvote: SHINeeSJ! And the comments were super too! Nine in total, that's the most I ever had, I believe...

But all this doesn't mean that you can sit back! I still have that curse that I can use: SO REMEMBER TO COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE AND TO UPVOTE!

Thank you ;)