Special Chapter Thirty-Seven

The Good, the Bad, and the Ones in Love

Special Chapter Thirty-Seven

She felt the wind when she woke up, it was blowing hard and coldly. People were talking and Anne didn’t really know what was going on until she sat up. She was laying in front of the little cave from two years back, she immediately noticed when she opened her eyes.

She heard a man say that he had to bring her into the cave, she started squirming and that was when she heard someone call her name. She looked up and saw Daniel walking to her, or running, or climbing. Well, he was just trying to get to her.

She saw the men in front of her pulling their weapons. She yelled Daniel’s name, trying to warn him but luckily he saw it in time.

But then Anne was brought into the cave, away from Daniel. They put her down on an ugly bed that someone had placed there and walked out of the door, locking her inside the little room.

Much to her surprise, she found out that she wasn’t alone. On the other side of the room, on a lousy chair, sat a skinny, little boy. He probably wasn’t older than seven. He was badly clothed and his face was a bit dirty.

She introduced herself and asked his name. “My name is Eunhyuk…” He was whispering and when she stood up to walk closer, he fell off his chair because he was scared of her. Anne immediately got the message and sat down on the bed again. “That is a very beautiful name…” She smiled when she told him. But in her mind she still remembered that outside, her husband was probably fighting against this kid his father. She couldn’t really understand the reason of a parent to bring a child to such a place, but judging from the child and the men outside she understood that they weren’t really normal. 

“My real name is Hyukjae…” The little child confessed out of the blue and looked at her a bit afraid to be judged. “I like that name even better.” She smiled a bit wider, trying to put the child into ease but she was talking the truth, she found Hyukjae a nicer name than Eunhyuk. It just fitted this child better.

“My father doesn’t. My father hates my name because my mom gave it to me. My father says that women are the scum of the world…” Anne gaped at Hyukjae because of that answer, not able to comprehend that an adult was saying that kind of things at all but to a child that was just cruel.

She was about to open to retort when the door opened and a tall male with a strong jaw line came inside. He grabbed her into a headlock and told the child to come with them.

Anne saw Daniel standing there on his own. The men in front of her were scanning the area, obviously looking for Daniel’s hidden men.

Eunhyuk’s father demanded Daniel to give the pyramid to him in exchange for her. Daniel complied, grabbing the golden pyramid out of his bag and holding it in front of him as he walked to the centre of the open area.

And just when they were about to exchange, a shot was heard almost at the same time as a little scream. Immediately shots were heard and Daniel grabbed his wife, leaving the golden pyramid (because he had to chose one or the other) and ran for it. Miraculously they made it to the trees and Anne turned around to see the little boy bleeding in the middle of the field. But she couldn’t do anything as Daniel pulled her along, back home to her own little boys…

 

Later she heard that it had been the Japanese who had shot the boy. There had been a whole gunfight between the Korean people and the Chinese people against the Japanese which the Koreans and the Chinese obviously won.

Both the Korean and the Chinese had tried to open the pyramid afterwards but it hadn’t worked. Eventually the Koreans gave the Chinese the pyramid since it had been a Chinese who had saved the Korean boss’ son. With the intention to leave it there until they could find a way to open the pyramid without damaging the papers inside it.

 

Anne on the other hand became nervous and tried to protect her sons lives, obviously not wanting to let the same things happen to them as what had happened to Eunhyuk. Daniel knew where his wife went through and decided that it was maybe for the best if he left and that he protected them in the shadows.

When Anne noticed that she was all alone, she decided to leave America and made her destination Korea. She always felt like there was someone watching them and Anne knew that those people came from Daniel so she decided that she had to find him to make him stop, to let her and her boys have a normal live.

Eventually, after two years, she found him because he knew that she wasn’t going to give up until she found him. She asked him to stop shadowing her; to stop his shadow-walkers. Daniel agreed not to bother her in Korea but also made her concede to the fact that he had the right to follow her and the boys in every other country. And with that they parted. Knowing that they would never see each other again.

 

But fourteen years later, the dragon’s eye was stolen, taken from its place in the Chinese treasure room. The first suspect was obviously Lee Daniel, the person who had been trying to get the dragon’s eye back for years. So if Daniel had it, his wife obviously knew where it was too… however the Japanese didn’t know that wife and husband had spoken to each other for fourteen years.

 

***

 

“Wow, mom. I didn’t know that Eunhyuk’s real name was Hyukjae…” Donghae muttered as he sat upright to look his mom in the eye. He could now move his whole body again.

His mom smiled to him and gave him a kiss. “Can you tell me how you ended up here, sweetie?” She asked him in a loving voice. She didn’t stop touching him, on one side she was happy that her child was here and on the other terribly afraid why he was here. And sadly for Anne, her worst fears would become reality soon because the door was slammed open.

Both Anne and Donghae were startled and looked at the middle-aged male that walked inside the little cell room. His hair was neatly combed and he was wearing some traditional Japanese clothing, making him seem unapproachable – not that Donghae was trying to approach the man!

“Mom, who is that?” He whispered as he looked to the slightly familiar but also dangerous male in front of them.

Anne tried to hide Donghae a bit from the male but her movements were restricted by the handcuffs. And she hissed as she looked at the man: “This is Kato Kazuma, the leader of the Yamaguchi-gumi, a Japanese mafia family…”

 


Yesterday I became a bit afraid. After I watched a running man episode, I usually have around six comments and now I just had two and one person unsubscribed... but you guys came back! I really love so much new subscribers, new comments and the new upvote (thank you, yellowbluestar5170)!

So, I usually give you guys the questions on a silver plate but can you do it without me? Which things don't we know yet? I really want to know how much you guys can spot ^^!

Next up: Kato Kazuma...

Comment, subscribe and upvote~! Please?