Chapter Four

The Good, the Bad, and the Ones in Love

Chapter Four

Everything had been really well this last week for Donghae. Though he missed his mom and Yunho, all went well at school and he wasn’t feeling lonely at all thanks to Kyuhyun. Though the latter had been acting kind of weirdly lately. Donghae didn’t know how else he could describe it. Kyuhyun was always the one who talked when they ordered take-out and it didn’t matter who rang the bell, Kyuhyun was always the one to get it. In school, Kyuhyun was everywhere where Donghae was, never letting him out of his sight and even though Donghae didn’t notice things as soon as other people, this he did. He always noticed everything about Kyuhyun because he knew everything about Kyuhyun and this overly protective behaviour wasn’t really like Kyuhyun who was nothing but lazy about everything except math.

“You’re behaving strange for a whole week now, what’s going on?” Donghae finally decided to bring it up while they were walking to Kyuhyun’s house from school.

“What are you talking about?” Kyuhyun acted as if nothing was wrong but Donghae wasn’t letting him off that easily. “I’m talking about the fact that you’re behaving strange.” He repeated and Kyuhyun just shrugged and didn’t answer.

Donghae pouted but already knew that he wasn’t going to get an answer from Kyuhyun so he just kept quiet, well for the moment.

Suddenly Kyuhyun halted and Donghae took a few steps but then stood still too. Confused he looked back at his best friend but the former wasn’t looking at him but at something in front of them. Donghae turned his head and saw a group of people standing before them. They were blocking the way completely.

Donghae felt Kyuhyun’s hand grabbing his wrist and he was yanked back next to Kyuhyun. “Kyuhyun…” Donghae whispered but Kyuhyun didn’t answer instead he looked at the strangers before them. His face was grim and his eyebrows furrowed.

“What do you want?” He sneered at the strangers before them and a rather soft voice answered him back: “Why the defensive stature? We just want to talk.” Donghae turned his head and then he recognised the person who talked.

“You’re one of the persons in my dream!” He yelled while pointing an accusing finger at the strawberry blond stranger in front of him. The man raised his eyebrows and smiled. Though Donghae wasn’t sure if it was a nice smile or an amused one.

“I’m flattered. You dream about me?” He asked and some guys behind him snickered. Kyuhyun however became more defensive. He pulled Donghae, who’s wrist he still had in his hand, behind him to keep him away from the people in front of them.

“Donghae, that wasn’t a dream. It was reality.” Kyuhyun whispered. He knew the consequences of that sentence. He knew that Donghae would probably freak out by the fact that he really heard two gunshots in his house and that his mom was gone but it was better than the other alternative: him being careless because he thought that it was all a dream.

Donghae’s eyes widened in horror and he looked from Kyuhyun to the strawberry blond stranger and back to Kyuhyun. All his thoughts were kicking in: his mom was gone, the gunshots, Yunho’s lying, Kyuhyun’s protective behaviour and one name…Eunhyuk. Donghae began shivering and he pulled himself close to Kyuhyun. He grabbed his best friends shirt, just to get some comfort.

“Are you guys now ignoring me?” The strawberry blond guy asked, pouting. The two boys immediately looked back at him. Kyuhyun was glaring, obviously not happy with the bad situation. He knew that Donghae and he had to get out of there soon. Donghae on the other hand was both frightened and angry, but he didn’t act on either one of them and just kept standing behind Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun quickly glanced over his shoulder. They needed to get out of there but they were walking in a neighbourhood where the only way to get somewhere was going straight through or going back. Kyuhyun wasn’t going towards the strangers so the only way was back. But when he took a look, he saw guys standing behind him too. His eyes widened in horror before glaring at them too, hoping that it would somehow make a difference but of course  it wouldn’t.

“Don’t think that I would be so stupid to give you a chance to run. You’re actually offending me.” The guy pouted again and Kyuhyun looked at him incredulously. Was this guy for real? He obviously had something to do with a criminal organization and yet he was pouting at them? 

“What do you want from us?” Kyuhyun than spit at him while completely ignoring the stranger’s question.

Suddenly the pout on the man’s face was gone and it became a completely cold mask instead. Kyuhyun saw the pouty, m-shaped lips turning into a thinner line and the big, brown eyes narrowed and glared at Kyuhyun which made the latter want to back off a few steps but he held still remembering his shivering friend behind him. “We don’t want anything from you, handsome. We just want to talk a bit with your friend.” Kyuhyun bit his lip, he was wondering if the strawberry blond male was speaking the truth about him being handsome or not, when he realised what situation he was in.

“I won’t let you…” He carefully uttered. Hoping that it would be the right answer for not only his but also Donghae’s future. Donghae whimpered softly behind him. Obviously he was frightened to death by the whole situation, he grabbed Kyuhyun’s shirt so tight that his knuckles became white.

“Oh, you won’t let me?” The strawberry blond male smiled again (bipolar much?!) and he slowly took steps forward to Kyuhyun. His amused smile became bigger and bigger. He stood still, just a few metres before them, he was now quite a few steps away from the thugs that were helping him.

“And what would you do about it?” He softly asked Kyuhyun, almost sensually. Kyuhyun swallowed hard while he looked directly in the male’s big eyes. He could get lost in those big, brown pools of darkness but Donghae’s pulling on his shirt brought him back to reality and he wanted to think of a smart answer back when he heard some footsteps behind them. He quickly yanked Donghae’s wrist to the side while stepping aside himself and the male pouted again.

“You’re smarter than I thought…” He muttered more to himself than to Kyuhyun but either way Kyuhyun took it as a compliment and actually grinned despite the whole dreadful situation. But now he also realised that both him and Donghae, were completely surround with no real escape route anymore.  All the strangers stood before them in half a circle. The strawberry blond male was in the middle. 

He glanced to the right side and to the left but there was nowhere to go…

The male smiled at him. “You’re smarter than I thought, but not smart enough.” He taunted and Kyuhyun gritted his teeth. “Kyu…” He heard the small whimper behind him and let his tight grip of Donghae’s wrist go to let his hand intertwine with Donghae’s. He let his thumb caress Donghae’s hand while he gave the hand a small squeeze to reassure the other that everything was going to be alright.

But Kyuhyun himself wasn’t sure of that. He looked at the strawberry blond male and focused on him since he was obviously the leader. The man was shorter than him, around one metre and seventy-five centimetres tall. His strawberry hair was styled neatly but it was still too long to look neat. His eyes were big and with a cute nose in between and under the nose were perfectly m-shaped lips that were now curled up into a smirk. The male had to be older than he and Donghae but he still looked like he should be the same age as them or even younger. But he had to admit that if the male hadn’t carried such a dark aura that he would’ve been adorable.

“Well, if you don’t want to talk with us than we have no other choice…” The strawberry blond male looked like he was even sorry about what he was about to do. Kyuhyun looked warily when the strawberry blond male held his hand up and he felt Donghae shivering impossibly harder and he noticed that the other was even crying now. Kyuhyun wanted to turn around and comfort his friend but he knew that that wouldn’t help at the moment.

Suddenly he felt someone yank him back with his hand and he turned around just to see that Donghae was pulled away from him. The tears were running over his friends face. He was crying hard, his eyes were puffy and red and there was even some snot coming out of his nose. Kyuhyun wanted to run over to his friend to help him out of the tight grip that one of the strangers had over his friend but he felt himself being yanked back. A strong arm, which felt like it was made of steel, was keeping him in a headlock. It was making him completely immobile even when he tried pulling the arm away. Nothing worked and tears of frustration came into his eyes when he noticed that Donghae was just as helpless as he was.

“What do you want to do with him, boss?” He heard the man, who was holding him, ask the strawberry blond male. The blond male came into Kyuhyun’s view and he smirked.

“Take him along, let Eunhyuk decide what to do with him…” He sounded content with what happened and suddenly Kyuhyun felt some sort of cloth before his mouth. Immediately he knew that it was some sort of somnifacient and he held his breath. If he didn’t breath it in, he wouldn’t be affected by it. He struggled but still noticed that Donghae was getting the same treatment. Except for the fact that Donghae went limp after a couple of seconds. Kyuhyun panicked in his head but acted as if his body went limp so that they would take the cloth away and that he could breathe again, normally.

The cloth was slowly lifted from his mouth and thankfully he breathed in some air through his nose. Then, out of nowhere, the cloth was slammed back on his mouth and it took him all his power not to scream in pain and not to inhale whatever was on that cloth. He heard the strawberry blond male’s voice. “He isn’t sleeping, he’s acting.” And then a foot slammed on his own. Kyuhyun screamed in pain and his eyes opened wide. He saw Donghae’s limp form in one of the stranger’s arms but he couldn’t focus on that because a sweet smell came into his nose. He felt his eyelids becoming heavy before everything became a bit blurry. Desperately he tried to get another breath of air but only the sweet smell came into his nose and mouth. A blond colour floated somewhere in his vision and he heard a beautiful voice speaking before he gave in. Sleep overtook him and slowly Kyuhyun drifted away from the horrible situation and it was like the only colours that existed were black and strawberry blonde.


I'm kind of proud of this chapter, especially the last part was pretty fun to write :P...

Everyone knows about who I'm talking if I say strawberry blonde male, right?

Next up: Let's say the continuation of this chapter ^.^ (For the observant reader, yeah the colours won't work with me; very annoying -_-")