Chapter Thirty-Two

The Good, the Bad, and the Ones in Love

Chapter Thirty-Two

 “How is he?” Ryeowook whispered to Siwon when he brought in the food for lunch. With tired eyes Siwon looked up to meet Ryeowook’s gaze.

“Horrible. I expected him to go into a fit, just like when Henry died but he’s been completely silent. He hasn’t said a word since the last scream of Donghae’s name. And after Henry’s cremation yesterday he sat for hours on the stairs in front of Donghae’s deathbed. It’s a miracle that I got him in bed and in the office.” Siwon answered and Ryeowook bit his lower lip.

He wasn’t sure if he should tell the two leaders the news that Yesung would be coming home now. It didn’t seem like either of the two would really care. Ryeowook did though. He couldn’t really cry without Yesung there. Sure he had cried from the shock when he heard the news about Henry and Donghae but he hadn’t cried his heart out yet because he could only do that when Yesung was there.

Ryeowook walked to Eunhyuk who sat on his desk staring into nothing. Carefully he put down the plate and quickly walked back. He couldn’t really handle Eunhyuk’s soulless eyes.

The door opened and Hangeng walked in pulling an even more soulless Heechul after him. He sat down on the other chair next to Siwon’s and pulled Heechul on his lap. Eunhyuk didn’t even acknowledge the fact that they walked into the office.

Hangeng looked worriedly from Eunhyuk to Siwon. “What do they have to gain from this?” He asked Siwon (and Eunhyuk).

Siwon sighed and his eyes wandered over the room and over the faces of the people in the room. “The only thing I can think of now is that they saw Eunhyuk and Donghae together outside. And figured that if they would kill Donghae, that the whole mafia group would collapse. And by the looks of it that person was a very observant person.”

Hangeng nodded while caressing Heechul’s hair. Ryeowook watched the loving gesture with sad eyes. Everything seemed broken. The first cracks had appeared when Henry died but Donghae’s departure seemed to have put everyone in a wrecked state.

“And Kyuhyun?” Ryeowook suddenly remembered. “Kyuhyun?” Siwon lifted his eyebrows. “Well Kibum is giving him sleep pills. Kibum was sure that Hae’s death would worsen his condition and that’s a thing that Kyuhyun doesn’t need right now.”

Ryeowook nodded thoughtfully: “But he would never forgive us if we would let him sleep through Donghae’s funeral. When are you going to wake him?”

“Well Kibum said that he was going to stop giving him sleep pills this afternoon so then it will be his own call…”

The door opened: “YOU SICK BASTARD!” Everyone’s heads, including Heechul’s and Eunhyuk’s, turned. An enraged Kyuhyun walked inside the room holding a gun. Tears were present on his face as he screamed: “He was an innocent seventeen year old boy!” And then he fired.

The bullet barely missed Heechul’s head and bored itself in the wall. Eunhyuk was faster than anyone in the room or the two persons that came screaming things after Kyuhyun. He grabbed the gun by its loop and tossed it to the corner of the room so that nobody could grab it.

“Are you nuts! Why do you even have a gun?!” He screamed at him and despite the situation, Siwon smiled, happy that his friend hadn’t lost his voice.

“He took it from me…” Kibum looked a bit guilty at the ground. “You should’ve known better!” Eunhyuk fell out to him, “You’re lucky that he can’t shoot!” Kibum sniffed a bit in guilt and Sungmin who came into the room with them put a comforting hand on his back.

Eunhyuk turned to Kyuhyun again, his hands were trembling from the adrenaline. Kyuhyun looked back, his eyes now full of tears, making his vision unclear.

“You’re an idiot! What were you thinking?!” He now sternly asked Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun couldn’t longer hide his tears and sniffed: “B-but he killed D-Donghae!” Kyuhyun protested.

Eunhyuk scoffed: “I know, so what?”

“He should die! I want him to pay for what he did to Donghae…” Kyuhyun began to cry after that and Eunhyuk sighed and took the boy in his arms.

“I’ve been sitting here for a long time, debating with myself if I should kill Heechul or not…” He began and the whole room saw Heechul pressing himself into Hangeng’s embrace as if he wanted to hide. He was just a shadow from the past.

“But you are acting the exact same as Heechul did back then. You’re letting yourself be led by anger. Just like he did…” Kyuhyun pulled away from the hug and looked a bit better at Heechul. The man looked horrible to say the least. His eyes red and puffy because he cried at least every half hour. His clothing and hair weren’t taken care off and suddenly Kyuhyun pitied the man in Hangeng’s embrace.

“I see that you saw the light, just like I did.” Eunhyuk smiled sadly as he looked into the room and at all the faces of the people he loved and yet the missing feeling was so big that he couldn’t help but shed a tear. This was horrible, how did this happen?

“Besides,” he added in thought, “we should take revenge on that shadow-walker and his boss.” His voice darkened a bit.

“But we don’t know a thing about them. Heechul doesn’t even know who talked to him that night! And even if we did take revenge we should think about Donghae first. We should all mourn first…” People slowly nodded at Sungmin’s proposal. They knew that they weren’t done mourning yet.

Heechul sighed in relief when he noticed that Eunhyuk and Hangeng wouldn’t let anybody kill him and a small smile turned up his face though he knew that he had to pay as well in a certain way.

“We shouldn’t forget Henry’s gunman’s client either!” Ryeowook piped up and everyone nodded, determined to get revenge and Eunhyuk immediately began making plans with the others. Still even the persons who didn’t belong in the room stayed because they all wanted to have a part in it too.

Hangeng’s phone went off and everyone looked up a bit disturbed. “Sorry.” Hangeng apologized and grabbed his phone.

“Hangeng speaking.” He gestured at the others that they could continue making plans. “Oh Victoria, what’s wrong?” Hangeng’s eyes widened as he held out the phone for Heechul. “She wants to speak to you…” Now everyone did stop working as it was strange for Victoria to use a phone that was only meant to be for emergency’s back in China.

With trembling hands Heechul took the phone from Hangeng: “Heechul speaking?”

“Heechul? Oh you were probably in the same room.” Victoria deducted but quickly continued: “Remember when you asked me to find somebody who could set up Heebum?”

“Yes?” Heechul wondered what this was all about. Did she just call because she found someone? Still he got a weird feeling in his stomach.

“Well, I just got a call from that man. He almost had a heart attack today…” Victoria paused for a second and Heechul used that second to let everybody hear the call by pressing the button to set the phone on speaker.

“Heechul, your cat miraculously came back to life. He’s meowing in my office now… How did you do that?”

 


Yes, I'm stopping here :P And woah you guys really can comment if you want to! Twice as much as normal! Gosh, maybe I should let Eunhyuk die who knows how many comments I would get then! The majority of those votes told me that Hae has to live. Some other told me that it couldn't be true and that poison had to be something that was making a person seem dead. Oh well, now Heebum is alive what would happen next? ;)

Up next: continuation of this chapter!

Please remember to subscribe, comment and upvote~!