Chapter Forty-Two

The Good, the Bad, and the Ones in Love

Chapter Forty-Two

“W-What?” They all stuttered out except Daniel. To flabbergasted to say anything. How was that possible? Did Anne have some kind of attractive power or something? Because it wasn’t normal to have a child with two different mafia leaders.

“I’m sure of it,” Yunho mumbled, “Mom showed me enough pictures, every time I asked about it.” Yunho let his gaze go to his mother who looked with a stoic gaze into the crowd.

Daniel sighed and gestured to the others to follow him. When they stood in a secured part of the ballroom (so they would be sure that nobody was eavesdropping them), he began explaining:

“Yunho is right. Kato is his dad,” the others took his slight pause as an invitation to ask questions but Daniel shushed them all, “Kato fell in love with Anne at the university and eventually she fell in love with a certain man called Chungho Jung. Kato had used an alias so others wouldn’t recognise him and had told them that he was Korean since it was a language that he fluently spoke. I don’t know if he fell in love for real or that he had another purpose, but when I chose to contact Anne, I already knew of her relationship with him.”

“I think that he fell in love for real,” Sungmin mumbled as he watched the content expression on the Japanese leader’s face, “I think that he’s still in love with her…”

Daniel watched the stage grimly and nodded reluctantly: “Yes, and that’s probably also the reason why the bastard took my son.”

“To kill him in the most horrible way possible?” Heechul asked but he was quickly silenced by Hangeng who lectured his lover for being so insensitive.

“I don’t know…” Eunhyuk thought about it, “I think that he wants the dragon’s eye too. It seems a bit strange to kidnap Anne and Donghae at the ‘same’ time that the dragon’s eye went missing. I think that he wants to have Anne and the dragon’s eye and that he took Donghae so that he could torture him so that Anne would give in and tell him where it is. And that way he wouldn’t have to hurt her.”

The others carefully nodded, not happy with where their line of thought was going. Silently they all watched how Kato helped Anne of the stage so that they could open the first dance. Eunhyuk thought that he heard Daniel grind his teeth which he honestly couldn’t blame him for because he would’ve reacted the same if it had been Donghae with somebody else…

Wait!

What?!

‘Boss, can you hear me?’ Eunhyuk heard somebody scream in his ear.

“Yes, Yesung. I can hear you loud and clear.” Eunhyuk empathized but Yesung didn’t seem to catch on as he answered:

‘Oh, good. Okay, boss, we have surrounded the building. You just have to call for us as soon as you have the both of them and we’ll come inside to join the party!’  Eunhyuk heard Yesung laughing at his own joke and he rolled with his eyes.

“Okay, just wait for my call.” He repeated and then turned to the others. “We can begin our plan.” And he saw a few nervous grins on the faces of his friends.

They all turned around to watch the ballroom but especially Anne who now stood on the side-lines watching her ‘fiancé’ talk to various people while she only conversed with a few women that were allowed to come into her range. There were many security people around her, to make sure that no one could get to her but also that she couldn’t get to anyone.

“Great, what do we do know. There is no way to get to my mom without alarming her bodyguards.” Yunho whined as he watched his mom’s sad expression. With a flick of anger he gazed at his own father. He loathed the man already without even knowing him!

“Leave that to me…” Heechul smiled and then turned to Eunhyuk. “Let me, Daniel and Yunho take care of Anne while the three of you go search for Donghae.”

Hangeng immediately grabbed the feline’s arm and shook his head: “Chullie, I’m not going to leave you here alone in the lion’s den.” He refused but Daniel put a comforting hand on Hangeng’s shoulder. “Don’t worry, Yunho and I will make sure that Heechul stays safe.”

Hangeng looked a bit doubtful but nodded nonetheless.

Eunhyuk repeated the information for Yesung and then he asked Sungmin and Hangeng to come with him and the three of them left the ballroom.

Daniel turned to Heechul and lifted his eyebrows in anticipation: “So what did you have in mind to get to my wife?”  

Heechul showed him a catlike grin and held up his handbag, “Simple, I’ll just walk up to her.”

 

***

 

Anne felt like a prisoner. And technically she was. She sighed and let her gaze fly over the crowd once again. She loved to watch people in the past. To comment about them and to fantasize about what kind of strange life they could be living but from all these people, she already knew what they were doing and honestly it frightened her.

She sighed as she bid farewell to the seventh woman that came to congratulate her. They all wished her happiness with Kato. A ridiculous thing to do because she knew that she would never be happy with him again but still, she had to for Donghae. Her son’s life was more important than hers.

It had just been a short while but suddenly she thought that she saw someone she knew… but that couldn’t be, right? She didn’t see Yunho walking through the room, did she? She wanted to move forward, but the security around her immediately brought her to a halt and she became a bit anxious. Had she seen it right? Was it really Yunho but if she went to him, it would alarm Kato and Yunho was his son… if he saw Yunho then he surely wouldn’t let him go. After all it was easy to catch someone who practically came walking right into your arms. Oh she was going to scold him so hard if she would got the chance too! And the one who got him here too because she knew that he could not got in there without help!

She turned her face when she noticed that there was another woman that was brave enough to congratulate her with her upcoming marriage. God, how she hated to say or even think that word.

Anne saw a woman in Chinese clothing with long black hair that was put in a ponytail. Something was off about her. Anne secretly looked from her face down to her feet and was a bit shocked when she saw those hairy legs.

But before she could comment about anything the woman hugged her tightly and then whispered into her ear: “Come with me to the bathroom.” From that moment on, she knew that it wasn’t a woman who hugged her but a man. She hadn’t felt s and the voice was not a woman’s.

The ‘woman’ pulled away and showed her a nice grin before walking away to two other males. Anne’s eyes widened when she saw not only her son but also her husband. Anne’s smile became soft and with her eyes she followed the ‘woman’ who was walking to the bathroom. That was when she asked the security to her to the bathroom which they did. The four men stood still in front of the bathroom while one walked inside to check if someone was there who could help her escape. Anne’s hands felt sweaty as she waited for the security to return.

The door opened and she saw the man come back with a light smile (which the ert of course got from wandering into the bathroom and told her that she could go in.

Anne nodded and opened the door where hopefully the people were who could help her escape!

 


The plan is really into action now! Gosh, I really love Heechul sometimes! Anyways we have our little explanation about Kato and I promised that I would tell you the hints. So the first hint was that Anne knew the person who came inside the room, and I said that you wouldn't be able to guess it because it was hard but it definitely wasn't impossible (and knowing me, I would've shown you the answer already):p The second hint was that there was more to Yunho's dad but I didn't tell you guys anything about him except for the fact why he left. She got a kid with him so there had to be more storyline but I just didn't tell you that (but I admit that was a hard one to notice!). And the last one was that Donghae found the man slightly familiar and why would he, he never even met the guy?

Some of my hints are indeed impossible to see it coming but others are~! And it really is funny to see that some of you are already thinking the way I think and therefore some of the questions I've asked are already answered correctly by you guys... but I've still got some tricks up in my sleeve! We're not done with surprises yet :)

Next up Gosh, how I wish that I could say Donghae but I'm not sure... though I can say bathroom :)

So, if you liked Heechul in women's clothing or something else, please let me know by subscribing, commenting or upvoting (like livebythesun14 ^^)