Chapter Fourteen

The Good, the Bad, and the Ones in Love

Chapter Fourteen

Eunhyuk opened his eyes and raised his head from the table. It took him some time to let his eyes adjust to the light but then he fully widened them and looked at his surroundings. Right before his eyes stood an empty bottle of vodka. He groaned and held his head. Damn, what had happened… had he been drunk? Well obviously the bottle told the story together with his awful headache.

He let his head slump back on the table. He was not ready to admit that he was awake yet. Slowly there came some flashes of the night before… he saw himself drinking, drinking and again drinking. No wonder he had such a hangover! He probably didn’t even got to his own bedroom. Well judging on everything around him, he hadn’t.

He stood up, immediately holding his head in his hands because of the dizziness, and tried to walk to the door. He managed to do that without too much casualties (he still knocked over some kind of weird statue but he didn’t mind that, he didn’t even really like art). He exited his office and made his way to the kitchen, despite his hangover, he carved for some food. But when he entered he got the shock of his life!

Henry sat on the table, eating some bread, with on his left side the fish and next to the fish the fish’s friend… and they were just eating as if they were at home!

With soft steps (he had a headache and didn’t want to make it worse), he growled in a low voice: “Henry… what is this?!” The three boys at the table looked at him and immediately the middle one hid behind his friend (it looked a bit strange because he still sat on his bar seat). His face was one of fear and Eunhyuk had to do his best not to look at him otherwise he would feel bad. He really didn’t understand himself anymore, he killed people any day, he had seen enough fear and despair but he couldn’t handle it in this boy! He hated himself for it, where was his integrity?

“Eunhyuk!” Henry almost screamed in glee and Eunhyuk had to refrain himself from gripping his head because of the headache. Still he closed his eyes and when he opened them again, he saw that the fish’s friend had seen that. Eunhyuk saw his watchful eyes scanning him but he decided not to pay attention to him.

“I asked you a question, Henry.” He growled in such a low voice that a normal human would’ve hid like the fish, but Henry was such a oblivious person that he still smiled, he did not even know in what kind of awful mood, he was. Eunhyuk blamed Heechul for it. That man had ruined Henry beyond comparison!

Henry had already opened his mouth to say something when he was interrupted: “Oh, there you are. I couldn’t find you!” Eunhyuk turned around to see Siwon walking into the kitchen. When he saw Eunhyuk’s foul mood, he asked: “What’s wrong?”

Eunhyuk turned back to look at the three boys in front of him: “Do you really have to ask?” His eyes pierced through the three boys, his mood was so down that it was below freezing point. He looked at them separately but when he looked at Donghae, his eyes widened, the boy was crying of fear:

 Suddenly the fish was on top of him and Eunhyuk saw tears running down his face. Guilt washed over him and he wondered why he hadn’t heard any of those tears earlier… but he did, he had heard them. But they had been gone when he had been in the boy. He hadn’t heard any of those tears!

“I hate you!!!” Donghae hissed to him.

 

Eunhyuk grabbed his head, what kind of flash was that? He couldn’t look at those three boys anymore and abruptly turned around to face Siwon.

“Where do you need me for, it’s morning.” He asked while he walked away with big steps. They exited the kitchen when Siwon answered dryly: “It’s noon. I need you because we have some kind of street-gang that is getting bigger every day. We need to stop it before they will cause trouble…” He said while looking at the papers on which the information stood.

Eunhyuk held his hand out and Siwon gave him the papers. Eunhyuk scanned through them quickly: “South-Seoul? We haven’t had trouble there for a long time…” He told Siwon. Siwon nodded and took the papers back from Eunhyuk.

“No we haven’t but before you know it, they’ll cause trouble and it will be harder to take care of it then. It’s better to handle everything before it gets difficult.” Eunhyuk nodded in thought. “Okay, set the raid for nine, tonight that-”

“WHERE IS MY -TOY!” They both saw a very angry bunny walking down the hallway. Some soldier cowered away in fright. Eunhyuk rolled his eyes while Siwon had a mysterious smile on his face: “He is eating with Henry and Donghae.” He calmly told the angry rabbit.

And immediately the fire in Sungmin’s eyes calmed down and he answered with a perfect ‘o’.

“Those two captives have totally captured the two of you, haven’t they?” Siwon said with an amused voice and the two immediately answered, in chorus: “They have NOT!”

Siwon just chuckled and walked away, no doubt that he was looking for Kibum to have a little hour for themselves before he had to begin with the preparations for the raid.

Sungmin and Eunhyuk watched the tall man go and Eunhyuk put a hand through his hair. “Could you talk a bit softer, the next time you’re angry?” Eunhyuk asked Sungmin and the older one looked a bit confused.

“Why?” He asked his boss and Eunhyuk said: “Because it gives me a headache.”

A knowing glint appeared in Sungmin’s eyes: “Why did you make yourself drunk?” He taunted the younger one.

Eunhyuk’s eyes narrowed and he retorted: “Why do you have such big bangs under your eyes?”

“Touché.” Sungmin let his head hang.

“Well, are you going to tell me?” Eunhyuk asked while putting his arms over each other. He was kind of curious how the fish his friend became Sungmin’s -toy.

“Nope.” Sungmin said with a teasing grin and he walked away from Eunhyuk. He wasn’t about to tell Eunhyuk why he hadn’t slept, especially since he had already teased Eunhyuk for the fact that he couldn’t get his way. He wasn’t about to let Eunhyuk get back at him.

Eunhyuk watched Sungmin walk away from him and he sighed while walking the other way to his bedroom. “Since when do I have no authority anymore…” He muttered to himself and then he remembered that he had left the two captives with Henry. He groaned but wasn’t in the mood to confront the teenager again. He wanted to know what that flash was before he did something, otherwise he could do something that he would regret.

For now, he would just go back to his own room to get a change of clothes and to laid down on his bed to compose himself again. And then he had to think of a way to get rid of those ‘special’ feelings for that boy!


Those who are confused: put up your hand! *puts the hand up!* Before you are going to ask again, did it happen or did it not? No it did not happen. Eunhyuk just remembered that little flash and that's all! So also no explanation why his mother suddenly turned up in a dream. But I do want to tell you that he didn't suddenly bang his mom! Don't you have dreams like that you're doing something with your best friends and suddenly you're with your parents without even knowing the connection? Well this is the same.

Btw there were hints that it was a dream, some of you picked them up, others didn't. For example, Donghae's name wasn't used until he talked, I didn't tell you about Donghae's feelings for the whole chapter (you didn't even hear his !) and Hyuk didn't remember all the things anymore. For example, suddenly he was in his own bedroom without the knowledge how he came there, yeah sure, he saw flashes but that was when he thought back!

'kay anyway next up: answers (yeah, somebody will give a few answers!)

Oh and I want to thank whatif for upvoting~!

AND BECAUSE THE REST OF YOU GUYS FORGOT (AGAIN) HERE IS A REMINDER: PLEASE REMEMBER TO UPVOTE, SUBSCRIBE AND COMMENT!!! Thank You ;)