Chapter Sixty-One

The Good, the Bad, and the Ones in Love

Chapter Sixty-One

Donghae quickly walked to his lover, disregarding all warnings. He let one of his warm hands rest on Eunhyuk’s face, with the other he wiped some stray hairs away. The thing that he wanted to do the most was kiss the face of his lover but he remembered their current position and just kept touching Eunhyuk’s face while softly murmuring his name.

Donghae bit his lip when he almost touched the wound above Eunhyuk’s eye and he turned around angrily: “Why is he wounded?” He snapped to the two branch-members and Changmin showed him an ugly grin.

“We never said that he would give him back without a scratch…” Donghae wanted to attack the male for being so damn cocky. But a groan from Eunhyuk made him turn around again. As he held out a hand to touch the face of his lover again, the man who held Eunhyuk up moved him behind the bureau, out of his reach.

Donghae wanted to walk after them but his father’s hand held him back. Daniel softly shook his head and guided Donghae to his mother. She took Donghae’s hand in her own and gently caressed it in an attempt to calm him down.

“So, I think that we can begin the exchange.” Junsu smiled, it confused his guests as they quickly looked at each other before Anne noted: “Where are the others?”

Changmin began laughing at that question. It sounded hollow and unreal in the silent room. “You weren’t keeping your word.” He suddenly stated and Donghae felt his mother’s hand squeeze his own in fright for what would come.

Junsu continued Changmin’s sentence: “Did you really think that we wouldn’t notice if there were people who were trying to sneak into our cells?”

At his words the two big wooden doors opened and a big group of people walked into the room. Anne let out a frightened noise when she saw it and Donghae quickly looked at the faces. Not only did he recognise Hangeng, Yesung, Siwon and Heechul but also Kyuhyun, Sungmin, Leeteuk, Kangin, Ryeowook and Kibum.

Daniel, Anne and Donghae were petrified as they watched how everyone was being secured against the wall with their cuffs. Heechul seemed unconscious and was almost unrecognisable, Yesung and Siwon weren’t in a much better condition. They all seemed so out of it that they weren’t even gagged unlike Hangeng, Kyuhyun, Sungmin, Leeteuk, Ryeowook and Kibum. Only Kangin wasn’t gagged which made Donghae assume that they had failed to gag him because he was too strong.

“And before you guys ask, the others that were with them are dead. We figured that it was only necessary to bring you the leaders.” Junsu smiled victoriously while Daniel spat: “What makes you think that we would still accept the exchange if you guys killed the people we came for?”

Changmin pushed himself off the side of the bureau and walked next to Junsu’s chair before answering: “The fact that we could still kill some of them if you don’t keep your end of the bargain. Beginning with that one.” Changmin motioned with his head to Eunhyuk and Donghae let out a small whimper.

Junsu grinned and held his hand out to the dragon’s eye as if he wanted to say: ‘Go ahead if you want him to live’. Donghae exchanged a quick look with his father, who only looked darkly and then to his mother who gave him a worried smile before he walked to the dragon’s eye.

He stretched out his hand but before his fingertips could place themselves on the pyramid, he heard: “Donghae don’t!”

He looked up and met with Eunhyuk’s eyes, it seemed like they had a fire in them that hadn’t been there for a long time since it was burning with such passion. Eunhyuk seemed like his old self again. Donghae didn’t see anything cold in them as his mother had described it for him. Eunhyuk wasn’t looking at him with an indifferent expression either. Instead, he was looking worried and slightly happy that he saw Donghae again.

“Hyukjae…” Donghae breathed out and stared into his lover’s eyes for a second, totally forgetting his surroundings until Changmin pressed a gun to Eunhyuk’s head and snapped: “Open the goddamn thing, NOW!”

Donghae was startled and ignored the protests from Eunhyuk. He pressed his thumb, index finger and middle finger on either side of the pyramid. He didn’t even take time to overthink his decision, the only thing on his mind was freeing Eunhyuk and the only way to do that was to press his fingertips on it.

There was a dead silence in the room, everyone was quiet and for a minute, Donghae was afraid that it hadn’t worked until they heard some scratching. Everyone watched how the top from the pyramid slowly moved and revealed an opening.

Changmin began laughing while Junsu triumphantly pulled out a large amount of papers. They looked a bit odd probably because they were so old and they were very wrinkled as if they were folded wrong a lot of times. Still, Junsu’s eyes were gleaming as he carefully put it down on the bureau.

“Release them, I’ve done as you asked!” Donghae demanded and Junsu rolled his eyes before slowly looking up to his guests. He made a strange gesture with his hands and before Donghae knew it, he was restrained by a male who had been watching Hangeng and the others. He looked at his right, he saw that the same thing had happened with his father!

Only his mother was free on the chair but she even had difficulties with walking around with such a big belly. Donghae knew that it wasn’t looking good for them!

“NO! DONGHAE!” He heard Eunhyuk yell and wrestle with the man who held him. Donghae struggled too, he wanted to get out of here! But none of their plans would work anymore because they all had involved the assumption that Kangin and his group had been free.

“Oh !” It was a soft curse but everyone in the room heard it nonetheless. People stopped their struggling and Junsu and Changmin looked up from their papers. Everyone in the room stared at the only woman in the room who was holding her belly in pain. Then she managed to utter to her husband: “Daniel, I think that I have contractions!”

 


I think that everything that could go wrong, probably went wrong! How could Anne have contractions now?! Speak about bad timing ._.

Next up: Childbirth... Nah, I'm joking, let's just say the continuation of this chap, alright ;)?

If you are curious about what's going to happen next, please let me know by subscribing, commenting or upvoting (like Zelo_Biased and aneezaful ^^)!