Chapter Thirty-Four

The Good, the Bad, and the Ones in Love

Chapter Thirty-Four

Jaejoong held Yunho’s hand as they walked to the modern house in the middle of nowhere. Yesung walked in front of them, seeming pretty comfortable at first sight but still Jaejoong could see some sweat trail down his neck. Yesung had told them that something was wrong in the base but he hadn’t known what…

“Nice house!” Daniel smiled as he hadn’t some papers over to his consigliere Kevin. Some men with two heavy machine guns were placed next to the front doors and Jaejoong became a bit nervous.

“Though the security is a bit noticeable.” Daniel commented about the two guards and Jaejoong looked at him a bit incredulously. He had taken a liking towards Daniel, the man was down to earth and very funny if he wanted to be but sometimes also very intimidating.

Yesung showed something to the guards and they all walked inside. Yunho pulled Jaejoong a bit towards himself as if he wanted to protect him from all the bad things that were happening in the house.

Constantly they stood still so that Yesung could type in a code to open a door and Jaejoong began to wonder if they would ever get out of this ‘madhouse’. Daniel on the other hand still seemed very comfortable being in the lion’s den.

Yesung stood now still in front of an office door and he turned around. “I haven’t told any of them that you’re here so please refrain yourself from showing yourself immediately.” He requested but Jaejoong could tell that it was specifically told to Daniel.

When Yesung was done typing in the code, Daniel just shove him out of the way and barged in the room.

 

Eunhyuk looked up when the door to his office opened. An older male that had strange similarities to Donghae. Eunhyuk groaned in frustration as Sungmin, Siwon and Hangeng who were sitting at the table in his office too, stood up and pointed their guns at the older male.

“Point those dangerous toys another way, boys.” He walked down to Eunhyuk’s bureau and sat down in the big leather chair as if the office was already his.

Eunhyuk saw two boys walk in together with a teeth grinding Yesung. Yesung didn’t say anything but Eunhyuk noticed that he badly wanted to tell the older male off.

“Yesung, Ryeowook is in the kitchen. Guys, put those guns away and you two sit down at the table.” He ordered everyone and they all looked at him as if he had become crazy but they obeyed nonetheless.

Yesung walked out of the room without any explanation or something but it seemed like it wasn’t needed.

Nobody said anything for a few minutes, everyone just stared at each other as if they wanted to know what the other was thinking. Jaejoong had enough of it, “Damn it! Where is Donghae?!” He screeched out. Yesung had told them that they had taken Donghae and Kyuhyun. Yunho had been furious but he calmed down after a while, now he was just as curious as Jaejoong about his little brother.

Eunhyuk was glad that he didn’t have to say that their little brother was dead but the sentence that he had to say now wasn’t that easy either…

“They took him…” He held his head down in guilt. Yunho stood up from the table, ready to strangle the guilt-ridden male but Jaejoong grabbed his arm while inquiring: “Who?”

“We don’t know.” Siwon sighed as he laid down the pen he had been writing with.

“YOU DON’T KNOW?!” Daniel’s voice was like lighting on a clear day, everyone was startled. “We only have one man but we’re not sure if he’s from the same organisation as the one that took Hae.” Eunhyuk clarified and Jaejoong looked at him a bit weirdly: “Why are you calling him: Hae?”

Eunhyuk blushed when he heard that question but luckily he was saved by someone storming into the room.

Kyuhyun opened the door and ran as quickly as he could in Yunho’s and Jaejoong’s arms. “I-I’m sorry…” He sniffed, obviously referring to the kidnapping of his best friend.

Jaejoong softly caressed the boy’s head as Sungmin balled his fist. He was the only one who could do that! Not some I-don’t-know-if-I’m-male-or-female person (not that he could say much about that)!

Hangeng’s phone rang and immediately everyone was focused on him. Kyuhyun even stopped crying as Hangeng picked up his phone and pressed the speaker button.

“Hangeng speaking…”

“It’s Zhou Mi. It did take some time but I have the flying records in my hands inclusive the private planes and the helicopters.”

Everyone in the room smiled at each other, feeling a bit of relief coming over them because they at least had a lead.

“Which one could be of them?” Eunhyuk asked while clenching the pen that he had in his hands.

“I have six planes and two helicopters which fit the picture,” Zhou Mi was rumbling with some paper while the ones on the other line of the phone were freaking out because of the tension.

“Okay, here they come: First passenger flight to Brazil. The second passenger flight to China. The third passenger flight to Amsterdam and the last passenger flight to Thailand. Then we have a private plane going to Japan and a private plane going to Saudi Arabia. The first helicopter was  going to a the side of the Han-river and the second helicopter flew to Jeju.”

Everyone took their time to progress what was said. Daniel was the quickest: “You can line through all the passenger flights. They would need his passport for that and they would’ve caught too much attention if they would’ve taken that flight. The first helicopter isn’t the one either, they could’ve taken a car if they wanted to go to the Han-river.”

“Then the three possibilities that stay are the two private flights to either Japan or Saudi Arabia or the helicopter to Jeju.” Siwon noted down.

“I think that you can line through Saudi Arabia too,” Sungmin remembered, “when we chased them, they didn’t have a very dark skin-color.” Siwon and Eunhyuk looked impressed at the older one for remembering that!

“You can come back, Zhou Mi, unless you think that you’re going to find something else there?” Hangeng suggested.

“Very well, I’ll be back as soon as I can.” Zhou Mi hung up the phone.

“You know?” Daniel asked with a smile plastered on his face, “I haven’t even introduced myself yet. Daniel Lee, New York’s mafia boss and Donghae’s dad.” He told them lightly.

Kyuhyun was confused and asked without any fear: “How is it that you’re Asian and that you speak Korean so well and how is it that you’re Hae’s father?”

“I was adopted when I was four and my folks thought that it would be a shame to let my own language deteriorate so they hired a teacher-”

Kyuhyun nodded as Eunhyuk coughed to get everyone’s attention again: “Maybe we should focus on the task at hand first. Would Donghae be transported by helicopter or by private plane?” 

Sungmin sighed: “We have no way of knowing. Even if we could check the passengers list - if it’s even there. Then they could’ve easily changed Donghae’s name. And getting security footage will never be possible except if we he had lots of time, which we don’t.”

Kyuhyun played a bit with Siwon’s pen before asking: “And what if we think out of the box? We could show Henry’s gunman to Daniel and if he recognises him as either someone from Japan or Jeju wouldn’t we have a match then?”

Eunhyuk shrugged: “It’s a bit far-fetched but since we have nothing better, why not try it?”

 

***

 

‘Flight HV 0124 to Amsterdam please proceed to the gate B96. I repeat, flight HV 0124 to Amsterdam please proceed to the gate B96.’

‘Cabin crew, prepare for take-off…’

ありがとうござい

“Donghae!”

 


Wow, I'm so surprised by all the new subscribers! What happend there? Don't tell me that you all came only because Hae was kidnapped (again)? Anyways, I love it so thank you :)

As you can see the majority is Hyuk's storyline because I chose for Hyuk in the end but after reading all your pleas for Donghae's and both their storylines, I figured that I put in those four little sentences. Do you know what they mean?

up next: continuation of this chap and real beginning of Donghae's storlyline

Please remember to comment, subscribe and upvote (thank you babywook for doing that already^^)!