Chapter Forty-Six

The Good, the Bad, and the Ones in Love

Sorry for being late ._."


Chapter Forty-Six

Two days later

 

“DONGHAE!” Eunhyuk sat up in his bed. Sweat trickled down his front head as he tried to reduce his panting to normal exhaling. Frantically he let his hand feel to his left side. The left side where Donghae had been sleeping. He wasn’t there, of course he wasn’t there. Donghae had been asleep in the infirmary for two days now and it didn’t seem like he was going to wake up any time soon.

It frightened Eunhyuk. Finally he had found someone who he really loved and he couldn’t make any work of it because the younger was asleep. But even if the younger woke up, Eunhyuk wasn’t sure if he could do something because nobody was sure how the younger one would react to everything. Because one thing was clear, Donghae had been in a horrible situation in Japan.

Eunhyuk’s heart ached when Kibum told him the things that he had found: the boy was multiple times, as well as beaten. He was underfed and there was no telling what psychological damage was done.

It all influenced Eunhyuk’s state as well. He couldn’t sleep well, he had constantly nightmares and he, Daniel and Hangeng were looking the entire day for clues for the dragon’s eye. Kyuhyun, Yunho and Jaejoong were helping them and Eunhyuk was happy that they did because they often thought out of the box. They all just wanted to be sure that it never happened again.

The only one who was protesting against all the searching was Anne. She mostly spend her days looking after Donghae. Anne wanted to forget everything what happened because of the dragon’s eye and took the most simple way to do it; by forgetting it in her mind she ‘thought’ that it would disappear from the world too. But she also saw the bad things from all the searching, she saw how it tired out her husband and her son, she knew that it had caused her youngest son’s incident. For her was the saying: ‘the end justifies the means’ rubbish. It wasn’t worth to throw their lives away for finding that dragon’s eye, was her opinion. Daniel on the other hand was hell-bent on finding the thing and he and Anne had many fights about it.

Eunhyuk used all his ‘free’ moments to take care of the younger. He didn’t want to be a strange when the younger woke up, nor did he want the younger one to be frightened of him. That was actually his biggest worry of all. He was afraid that the younger one wouldn’t want to be in his presence anymore because he had almost wanted to do the same thing to Donghae as those thugs did. It was now his biggest regret in life and Eunhyuk wanted to make it right but the question was, could he?

 Eunhyuk let himself fall on the bed again, he groaned and put his arm over his eyes. He was sure that he wouldn’t be able to sleep anymore. His thoughts were wandering from Donghae to Sungmin.

Eunhyuk wanted to pull his hair out for thinking about Sungmin because it was a very depressive thought. He had seen a change in the older one that he had never seen before. Suddenly Sungmin seemed cold to anyone and everyone in the room, even to Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk had seen the hurt expression in Kyuhyun’s eyes. It made him angry. It made him so angry that Sungmin had used someone that was so innocent as Kyuhyun. He wasn’t really the one for showing his affection but even Kyuhyun had managed to find a little spot in his heart these days. He had often sat together with the younger on Donghae’s bedside. Neither of them talked but the feeling of not being alone helped the both of them.

From the moment that Sungmin had awoken from his sleep, they had been trying to get something out of him. They already knew that torture wouldn’t help (they had trained their own family members in not spilling their secrets so it would be futile to do it), and frankly they knew that nothing would work. Nothing would make Sungmin spill the beans, after all why would he? He had nothing to lose anymore since his whole family had been already murdered. The only thing that he still had was his life and that wasn’t worth much as he was living in a cell now.

And then there was that option of killing Sungmin, to execute him. It was an unspoken thing but nobody had the courage to shoot their former friend. But they didn’t go to see him either. Maybe they all had hoped that Sungmin would eventually die from starvation but when Anne informed about who was feeding the strawberry blond and no one answered, she took it upon herself to feed him. Eunhyuk had asked her why she was doing that and she simply answered that she did it because of her believes. She believed that no one had the right to take another one’s life and even if Sungmin had done horrible things, she wasn’t about to let him die from starvation. Eunhyuk often wondered how a woman with so many principles could be the wife of a mafia leader but he just let it be.

Eunhyuk knew that there was no way that he could sleep now and figured that it was better to do something useful so he got out of bed. He was only wearing pyjama pants so he quickly grabbed a wife beater from the chair close to his bed and put it on.

Then he walked out of his room. He walked through the quiet hallways, occasionally passing some soldiers he had put there because of the increased security, before he stood still before the infirmary.

He opened the door and was confronted again with a quiet hallway. He softly walked through it until he reached a white door which was Donghae’s. There were some soldiers in front of it, guarding the door. Maybe it was a bit too protective from him but he wanted to be absolutely sure that nobody could take Donghae from him again.

When one of the soldiers saw him, he immediately reacted and unlocked Donghae’s door. Eunhyuk didn’t even give him a glance as he walked into Donghae’s room.

The room was dark, and Eunhyuk couldn’t see much so he slowly walked to the bed to look at Donghae’s sleeping face. To see the younger resting like he should do too.

But he was met with an empty bed. The sheets were messy and someone seemed to have thrown them off in a fit. His heart was thumping hard and he had a lump in his throat. But right at the moment that he wanted to yell at the guards, he heard crying.

He turned to the corner and saw a little figured crouched there in the fatal position. The person was crying and Eunhyuk recognised it. He felt his heart fill with a mixture of relieve and fear as he walked to the little person that sat on the ground.

He crouched down and softly called out: “Donghae…”

 


 I'm so tired... I've been tired for the past few days actually, I think that I'm becoming sick or something... Anyways, I'm a big tease, I know. Donghae is finally with Eunhyuk again and I'm stopping were the fun begins, oh you guys must be hating me now but on the bright side were entering the eunhae chapters :) (Meaning: chapter mainly focused on Eunhae)!!! As for Kyumin, we'll be getting later for that. I'll tell you a secret: Nothing big happened when everyone saw Sungmin (so it was too boring to write about it) but when just one person goes to see Sungmin... oehh that's when something will happen... Evil me strikes again!!

Next up: Continuation of this chap... :P

So if you liked Donghae waking up or something else, please let me know by subscribing, commenting or upvoting (like mimimochi ^^)