Chapter Sixty

The Good, the Bad, and the Ones in Love

This may be a double update for some of you! Please read chapter Fifty-Nine if you haven't yet!


Chapter Sixty

“This way, lady and gentlemen.” A polite man in a black suit led them through various expensive-looking corridors. After arriving on Rome’s Fiumicino airport. Someone had been waiting for him, his mother and his father.

They been led to an limousine – well technically forced since they couldn’t go another way – and were driven off to an unknown destination. They didn’t know where to since the windows had been blinded from both sides, making it impossible to see where they were. Though Donghae vaguely had the idea that his dad did know where they were.

They had been brought into a luxurious mansion and were now probably walking to the man who had contacted his mother with a phone. Donghae walked a bit closer to his father, he didn’t feel quite safe here. It was like there could be someone to jump out of a corridor to grab them and to kill them. Even when his father assured him that only Donghae’s warm fingertips could open the box, he also knew that a lifeless body wouldn’t immediately become cold, it could take some time, making it possible for their attackers to kill them and still get their objective.

But nothing of that sort happened as the polite man, in the meantime Donghae discovered that it had to be the butler, opened the big wooden doors to a new room at the end of the corridor.

His mother walked through it first, after that he stepped through the doorpost and after that his father. Donghae walked a bit more to the front as his mother and father stayed back. Still Donghae noticed that their fingers were interlacing with each other while Anne’s other hand held her belly as if she was afraid that the child would fall out of it. The doors were closed behind them and it was silent for a little while.

Donghae took a quick look around in the room. In the middle of the longest wall was a fireplace with beautiful ornaments on it. He recognised some angels on it and found it a bit oddly for a mafia room. When he looked further he saw some old, comfortable looking chairs. But the eye-catcher of the room was the big, oak wood, bureau that was standing in the middle of the room with a big chair behind it. That was obviously the place of either the boss or the under-boss though Donghae couldn’t even imagine how grant the boss his office would be if this was the under-boss’ office.

“I see that you have arrived.”

The three of them turned around to look at the person with the slightly accented voice which spoke Korean. They were all very surprised to see not one person but two walking into the room. Both were young, around twenty-five or something but the most surprising thing was that they were Asian.

Donghae was completely confused he watched the two men walk inside the office. One was tall and had some confident air about him that only young men could have, the other seemed actually quite nice and was less tall. The friendly eyes could’ve deceived anyone. Both of them were dressed in expensive suits that fitted their positions as people from the mafia. Even their gun holsters looked classy but Donghae’s attention was focused on the guns that the holsters held.

Daniel gave a short nod as if he needed to answer the tall one’s fact. The male just smirked and then focused his attention on the only female in the room.

“Ah, my lady. You look stunning with your white dress,” he pecked her hand after walking up to her and then guided her to the chair across the bureau for guests, “You should sit down, it’s not good for pregnant women to stand so long.”

Anne only raised an eyebrow to the male’s attention while Donghae though that he heard a muffled growl from his right, no doubt that it was his father. But Anne sat down on the chair nonetheless while Donghae and Daniel stood behind her, waiting for what the two men had in store for them.

The silent, nice looking male sat down in the chair across Anne’s while the tall male leaned against the bureau. Their confident and relaxed matter of handling things made Donghae nervous because it felt like the two of them were in control (because they probably were).

The shorter male looked at them separately before opening his mouth: “I’m glad that you found time to pay us a visit. My name is Junsu,” He said politely and Donghae uneasily looked around himself, this all seemed like some kind of play to him. He wanted to know why they weren’t demanding his hand already! “And the name of my partner, is Changmin.” He held his hand out to Changmin so that the three of them would look at the tall one.

“It’s nice of you to invite us over here. We really felt like there was no choice but to come here, so attractive was your invitation. We just couldn’t resist.” His mother told the two male’s with an angry undertone but neither of them seemed affected by that and they just smiled to them, ignoring the underlying message. Donghae felt himself being more uncomfortable by the minute. Something was definitely wrong. It was like not only his mother was trying to gain time but the other two person’s in the room too.

“Can I just ask you gentlemen a question?” Donghae looked at Daniel, just like Junsu and Changmin who were staring at him as if they wanted to say: ‘go ahead, we don’t mind’. “Why do you guys want to have an artefact in your possession? For as far as I know, you’re not the bosses of the Italian mafia-family. Just a few branch-members, though I have to say very prominent branch-members.”

Junsu’s ‘nice’ face contorted just for a second before having it’s meaningless smile on it again. “Ah, that’s because we have no interest in just being someone’s puppet. This artefact means that we can take over the leadership from the Italian mafia, making us one the most – if not the most – influential people on the planet.

Donghae heard his mother murmur: “Power, it’s always power.”

Changmin stood up and walked to the wall and a painting was pushed sideways, revealing a safe. He typed in some sort of code and the safe opened, in it lay a gold pyramid. Donghae watched as the pyramid shone in the light. He saw some characters written on it but he had no idea what they meant, though they looked like hieroglyphs. He put down the heavy pyramid on the bureau and Anne took a good look at it before nodding. Donghae knew that that meant that the pyramid was real.

“This thing,” Junsu began, “is what we want.” He clapped in his hands and a hidden door opened revealing two men. Donghae recognised one of them. He stared and looked at the not platinum blonde but burgundy haired Eunhyuk who was unconscious.

His heart jumped when he saw his lover for the first time in eight months, he only watched Eunhyuk attentively. He barely noticed Junsu saying: “And this is what you guys want!”

 


Omg, Eunhyuk has burgundy hair :P! And our little bad boys were Changmin and Junsu, well I saw that coming... and I think a few of you secretly did too :0

Next up: continuation of this chapter!

If you like Eunhyuk's new hair, please let me know by commenting, subscribing or upvoting!