Chapter Forty-Seven

The Good, the Bad, and the Ones in Love

Chapter Forty-Seven

The boy on the ground whimpered and pressed himself more into the corner. Tears stained his face and Eunhyuk’s first urge was to take the boy into his arms but he decided against it when he reached his arm out to Donghae.

Donghae slapped it away, after which he pressed himself even more into the corner, obviously afraid for what Eunhyuk would do. And even in the dark room, Eunhyuk could see Donghae’s eyes frantically going from side to side to search for an escape route.

“Donghae…,” he softly called the boy and he saw Donghae’s eyes stop on his figure, “Donghae, it’s me Eunhyuk.” He kept sitting as still as he could on his heels but it began to hurt as Donghae was looking at him. His seemed going through his mind searching for him.

Eunhyuk couldn’t wait any longer and slowly reached for Donghae again, and this time the boy didn’t slap the hand away but he let it touch him. Eunhyuk touched Donghae’s cold cheek and slowly cupped it. Then he held still, afraid to go any further because the younger was shivering beyond believe.

They stayed that way for half an hour before Donghae stopped shivering. Eunhyuk couldn’t feel his legs anymore but he didn’t mind, all he saw was Donghae’s face which was slowly relaxing more and more.

Slowly Donghae moved his own hand up and touched Eunhyuk’s hand that was still on his cheek. His cold hand grabbed Eunhyuk’s warm one as he carefully uttered: “H-Hyukjae…”

Eunhyuk froze. Not only had Donghae spoken, he had also called him by his real name. How…? Anne, Eunhyuk remembered that he had told Anne his name long ago. He was surprised that she still remembered it though and that she had told Donghae but he didn’t really mind.

As Eunhyuk felt Donghae’s sleek fingers curl around his warm hand, he softly smiled and answered: “Yes, it’s me.”

Donghae began crying and threw himself into Eunhyuk’s figure. Eunhyuk was surprised and fell down with Donghae on the ground. The latter was crying against his chest and Eunhyuk felt now confident enough to take the younger one in his arms.

As he felt the younger cling to him, his anger towards Sungmin grew to a new level. How could someone who he had lived so long with, someone who he thought that was his friend, do something like this?

He lifted Donghae up and walked to his bed and he laid him on the bed. But Donghae refused to let him go while whimpering: “Please don’t leave, they’ll come back.” Eunhyuk grew rigid when he heard the second part of the sentence and as he held Donghae’s hand he asked: “Who? Who will come back?” He already braced himself for even more traitors.

“The voices, the sounds, the images… they’ll all come back.” Donghae whispered frightfully and Eunhyuk understood that it was all in the boy’s head but real nonetheless. The fear of the boy was real.

Eunhyuk caressed the younger’s hair. “Shove a bit to the side,” he softly ordered the boy and Donghae immediately did as he was asked. Eunhyuk climbed on the bed next to Donghae and laid down with his head against the headboard. He helped Donghae move his body against his own so that Donghae could use his body as a pillow and they both relaxed.

Eunhyuk played with Donghae’s hair for a while until Donghae asked: “Hyukjae?” Eunhyuk stopped his movements a bit but decided that he really didn’t mind the younger one calling him that and he answered: “Yes?” It was like an unspoken approval for Donghae to call him by that name. “What are we?”

Eunhyuk let Donghae’s hair fall through his fingers as he thought about it. He knew that he loved the boy and that he wanted to stay with him forever but the big question was, how did Donghae think of them?

“What do you want us to be, Donghae?” Eunhyuk decided to ask back. You could call him a coward for not expressing his feelings first but if he looked at things, it was clear that he had been the one who forced Donghae to do things such as sleeping in his bed or kissing… He just wanted to know what Donghae thought of all of this.

Donghae kept quiet and Eunhyuk didn’t want to move his head to the side to look at his face. “Donghae?” He asked to remind the younger that he had to answer a question.

“I-I…” The younger stuttered and while Donghae took a deep breath of air, Eunhyuk braced himself to let his heart either jump in happiness or drown in sorrow.

 

***

 

Kyuhyun bit his lip as he walked past the guards that were guarding Sungmin’s cell. They let him through as they always did. After all, only he and Anne were the people that brought Sungmin food. Only this time he wasn’t there for food. This time, he wanted answers.

There was a lamp flickering in the cell and as Kyuhyun walked inside for the second time that night, he recognised the filthy stones on which he once lay. It was a reversed situation. Now Sungmin was the one with shackles around his wrists and ankles while Kyuhyun was the one who could freely go in and out.

Due the lamps light, Kyuhyun recognised Sungmin’s form in the corner of the cell. He was sitting there as if he was waiting for something or someone to happen but he was looking at the ground instead of the door.

“Why are you- here?” Sungmin’s voice cracked a bit. Probably from the lack of water. Even if Kyuhyun and Anne were allowed to give him some food and drinks, it still wasn’t much. It was too little to feel satisfied from but it was too much to die from. Maybe you could even consider that as some kind of torture.

“I want some answers.” Kyuhyun demanded and Sungmin lifted his head to look Kyuhyun in the eyes. Kyuhyun wondered how he could do that, how could he look at him without any remorse?

“A- answers?” Sungmin gave him a rotten smile, as if he wanted to tell Kyuhyun that he was only wasting his time here but Kyuhyun felt already successful as Sungmin was at least talking to him while he hadn’t said a word or even shown an expression when Eunhyuk and Daniel asked the questions.

“Yes, answers.” Kyuhyun assented. “I want to know why you took me along with Hae. I want to know why you shot someone who was supposed to come from your own group. I want to know why you made it possible to get Hae kidnapped. I want to know where you were planning to take Hae and most importantly, I want to know IF YOU LOVED ME!” Kyuhyun wasn’t aware that he had been yelling that last part into Sungmin’s face who was only looking at him with a stoic face.

Sungmin stood up but he didn’t break the eye contact he had with Kyuhyun and he walked closer and closer to him. The shackles allowed him to stop just a few centimetres before Kyuhyun. His dark eyes looked into Kyuhyun’s and he saw a mixture of turmoil, anger, sadness and maybe a tiny bit of lust.

Suddenly, Sungmin stood on his toes and his lips collided with Kyuhyun’s. An immediate spark happened between the two of them and Kyuhyun couldn’t help but come closer to Sungmin, to deepen the kiss. It was a furious kiss, full of lust and emotions. Kyuhyun harshly bit down on Sungmin’s lower lip and demanded entrance which Sungmin granted without even putting up a fight. Teeth scraped along each other and the tongues were furiously battling for dominance. It was like there was a fire that was setting them both ablaze. Kyuhyun grabbed both sides of Sungmin’s face in an attempt to make them even closer and Sungmin was fighting his shackles, trying to touch Kyuhyun more.

They ended the kiss reluctantly when they came in short of oxygen and both stared at each other. Kyuhyun’s confusion was more evident than ever while Sungmin’s face showed sadness. Then Sungmin turned around and walked back to his little corner and sat down. His expression once again stoic and Kyuhyun understood that it was time leave.

As he turned around to leave the cell, he heard a whisper: “Goodbye, my love…”

 


Finally! I thought that I never would be able to upload this chap! But I did it! Kind of depressive that last bit but at least it gave an answer :)

Next up: Donghae's answer... L(^-^)J

So if you dislike the stupid cliffhangers please comment about it and release your anger, and if you like other things, please comment, subscribe and upvote ;)

Ps. That last bit was all influenced by Sunnyhill, it's not my fault really except for listening to their awesome music :P