Chapter Twenty-Six

The Good, the Bad, and the Ones in Love

Chapter Twenty-Six

“Don’t go too far!” Eunhyuk yelled at the boy that was running away in glee. Donghae didn’t listen and just ran to his heart’s content. He hadn’t felt this free since a long time. To feel the wind on his cheeks and the grass under his feet (he had taken off his shoes the minute he saw grass) was heavenly.

Finally reaching his destination, Donghae let himself fall on the ground near the lake. With his fingertips, he touched the cold, refreshing lake. He sighed in happiness and his eyes searched the dark water for some kind of sign of a fish.

He shrieked when he heard a loud croak. He fell back on his and became red when he heard someone laughing behind him. With a head as red as a tomato, Donghae turned around to see a certain mafia leader walking towards him.

“Don’t laugh!” He shrieked, embarrassed. Eunhyuk only laughed harder, “you were shocked because of a frog!” He cackled and Donghae pouted, feeling the immense urge to throw Eunhyuk into the water but he held himself back. He was still a little bit afraid to make the older one angry.

Eunhyuk held out his hand and Donghae shyly took it. This time Eunhyuk used enough power to get Donghae standing but not so much that he would slam into his chest.

Donghae began to feel a bit self-conscious when Eunhyuk didn’t let go of his hand and instead pulled him along the lake. Donghae walked a bit behind Eunhyuk. The other’s footsteps were a bit bigger than his own but he didn’t want the other to be mad when he walked next to him as an equal. Though Eunhyuk hadn’t really been mad at him… yet. Donghae felt that people who were always mad and people who were almost never mad, were the scariest. The first kind of people because they didn’t know how to be nice but the second kind because he had the feeling that they could explode. Donghae wasn’t sure in which category Eunhyuk should be placed. The first days, he thought that Eunhyuk should be placed in the first because he always had a frown on his face but ever since they watched the movie together, Eunhyuk became nicer, his frown vanished more by the day. And if he was really honest, Eunhyuk never really had been furiously mad, at least not when he was there. So now, Donghae was confused.

“Do you want some ice-cream?” Eunhyuk asked him while he turned his head a bit back so he could look Donghae in the eyes and the younger one eagerly nodded. Eunhyuk smiled and pulled Donghae to the ice-cream stall.

A man with a big moustache looked at the both of them with a friendly smile and Donghae immediately smiled back. “And what can I give the two lovers?” He asked and the eyes of his two customers widened. Donghae wanted to tell the male that Eunhyuk wasn’t his lover but then he began to wonder what exactly Eunhyuk was to him… At first he had been his kidnapper but a kidnapper didn’t gave you ice-cream and such things, right? But Eunhyuk wasn’t really a friend either because he was nothing like Kyuhyun. An acquaintance then? But their relationship had gone further than that, Donghae was sure of that.

“I want strawberry ice-cream and Donghae…,” he turned now to the younger boy, obviously ignoring the moustache-man’s sentence. Donghae was a bit startled and with a red head and a very quiet voice he asked: “Could I get some chocolate ice-cream?”

The moustache-man smiled and gave them their ice-cream. Immediately Donghae forgot all about his difficult question and he began to his ice-cream. Eunhyuk stared at him a bit absently as if he was in another world and Donghae saw some drops of ice-cream fall on the ground so he nudged the older. “Hyukkie, it’s gonna fall if you don’t eat it quickly!” He told him insistently. But Eunhyuk only heard the first word: “Hyukkie?” He asked the younger and Donghae began to furiously blush and he stammered: “Sorry… I mean Hyuk… uh… no. I mean Eunhyuk.” He nodded after he got the right name and stared at the ground as if it was the most interesting thing in the world.

“I…,” Eunhyuk began and Donghae averted his gaze to the older, “I don’t mind if you call me that.” He told the younger and Donghae was confused for a moment. “You mean Eunhyuk?” He asked and Eunhyuk was now the one to look at the ground and he uncharacteristically mumbled: “No, Hyukkie.” Still Donghae had heard it, and happy that Eunhyuk wasn’t mad at him, he nodded and continued to eat his ice-cream while Eunhyuk was even deeper in thought.

Eunhyuk found it rather strange that this boy could let him forget everything around him. He didn’t feel as sad and guilty about Henry’s death if he was with the boy. And with that, the boy could let him do things that he never did before. Eunhyuk stared at his ice-cream. He couldn’t remember when he last ate it but he figured that he must’ve been six or something. Quickly he gave the melting ice-cream a few , enjoying the cold sensations on his tongue.

The boy brought the child up in him. How he did it, Eunhyuk didn’t really know but he enjoyed it nonetheless. It was a great stress reliever and he felt that he could go back to work with a clear mind and with much less frustration.  He had always had that kind of frustrations, things that didn’t go according to his will. It was the cause of his eternal frown that he seemed to lose now he was with the boy. And deep down inside, he knew that he didn’t want that frown back. He knew that he needed that boy to help him enjoy life.

“Hyukkie, it’s falling again.” Donghae held his finger by Eunhyuk’s ice-cream so that the drops would fall on his finger instead of Eunhyuk’s pants. Donghae didn’t notice the blush on Eunhyuk’s cheeks when he called that name but Donghae smiled when he saw Eunhyuk bringing the ice-cream to his mouth so that it wouldn’t fall again.

Donghae put his finger into his mouth when Eunhyuk’s phone went off. Donghae watched the people stroll by as he ate his ice-cream. When he saw that Eunhyuk still hardly had eaten of his ice, he began looking at it with puppy eyes. Eunhyuk noticed it a little while later and handed him over the ice-cream but he still didn’t stop talking to his phone. The frown was back on his face and Donghae watched the man talk with displeasure. He liked it when Hyukkie was there. Hyukkie was sweet to him and laughed often. Eunhyuk on the other hand was cold and the constant frown on his face was making Donghae nervous.

Eunhyuk hung up and grabbed Donghae by his upper arm. The strong grip made Donghae flinch but he didn’t protest. It was clear that Eunhyuk was back.

“Where are we going?” Donghae asked as he tried to eat the ice-cream as fast as possible so that Eunhyuk wouldn’t take it from him. It was cold but he had already practiced when he secretly took ice-cream before his mom came home. He would always eat it so fast that she wouldn’t notice it. Still he forgot that his mom always counted the ice-cream when she bought it so she always knew when he secretly took one. And then she would give herself, Yunho and Jaejoong some ice-cream and he wouldn’t get any because he already had eaten one. The thought still made Donghae pout.

Eunhyuk didn’t answer but pulled Donghae to the black car and forced him to sit in the backseat and then he moved to the other side and sat down next to him. He ordered the driver to go and Donghae watched with a painful heart the beautiful park getting smaller and smaller.

 


Sorry that I'm a bit late, I got the results from my finals so it was a bit hectic at home, and it will stay that way for a couple of days since I have to take a re-examination *sigh*. It's not fun for me but also not very fun for you guys either. I'll try to update and such but I can't promise that it'll be every day.

I'm not sure how I feel about this chap, by the way. I find it sweet but on the other hand a bit too sweet. So I figured that the next chap could balance it out a bit. Next up: a club!

Please subscribe, comment and upvote~!