Chapter Forty-Nine

The Good, the Bad, and the Ones in Love

Chapter Forty-Nine

Eunhyuk and Donghae fidgeted under the sheets, trying to get entangled from it, obviously embarrassed by the whole situation. This wasn’t how they wanted their friends and family to find out about them.

Daniel was about to quickly walk to the bed but Anne was quicker. She walked to the bed and softly cupped Donghae’s face while asking: “How are you feeling, sweetie?”

Donghae sighed, happy with his mother’s normal approach and he lightly smiled: “Better than ever.” Anne smiled to him as if she had just talked about the wetter with her neighbour instead of asking how her son was after finding him in bed with a notorious mafia leader.

“Well, I’m not feeling good at all…” Daniel growled with a dark face while glaring at Eunhyuk, obviously not happy with the situation he found his son in. Eunhyuk cringed involuntarily while grabbing Donghae’s hand that was still under the sheets.

“What’s the matter?” Anne asked oblivious, though nobody knew for sure if she was faking it or not. Truthfully, you never knew with Anne.

“I’m not happy to see that monkey with my son! I don’t want him to have a relationship with him.” Daniel growled and he began a staring contest with Eunhyuk but everyone was surprised when Yunho said: “Truthfully, me neither.”

In the end (as usual), it was Jaejoong who asked the question that hang in the air: “Why not?” His voice sounded annoyed by Yunho’s statement. But Yunho’s answer didn’t seem so illogical: “Simply because Eunhyuk’s lifestyle isn’t a safe one.”

It was quiet for a moment until Daniel said: “And Donghae is not allowed to have relationships until he’s forty.” Everyone would’ve laughed if it wasn’t for the serious voice Daniel spoke with. He was completely serious about that statement.

Eunhyuk was about to open his mouth to defend himself and Donghae when he heard a little voice ask: “Ehm, excuse me for asking but, ehm, who are you?”

Anne sat down on the edge of the bed while she softly caressed Donghae’s face. “That’s your real father, sweetie.”

Donghae stared at Daniel with his mouth ride open and a blank stare. Eunhyuk had to keep himself from kissing the boy for such an adorable expression. But he knew the seriousness of this situation. Anne and Daniel could take Donghae away from him, after all the boy was only seventeen years old. It already surprised them that none of the two had problems with that. Or well at least, that they hadn’t mentioned it. If he just made one wrong move, it could be over for him and Donghae.

Daniel walked forward to hug Donghae but the boy shivered from the thought of a foreign touch and pressed himself against Eunhyuk, who smiled in his mind at the thought that boy trusted him so much.

“You’re scaring him, Daniel.” Anne scolded her husband. Daniel looked heartbroken for a second but soon a stoic mask had replaced that expression. Anne sighed when she saw that and then turned around to wipe some loose hairs from Donghae’s front head. The two persons on the bed looked at her with a scared expression. To be frank, it was Anne’s call if Eunhyuk could begin a real relationship with Donghae. If she said no, then everything would be over and Donghae would had to leave him. And because he loved Donghae so much, he would not let the younger choose between him and his family, he would lose the younger one, he knew that. But if she said yes, Donghae would be his and his alone, that thought made him grin.

“Mom?” Donghae asked his mother and Anne stopped her caresses and looked at her son with expectant eyes, “Yes?”

Donghae took a big gulp of air before saying: “I love Eunhyuk,” Eunhyuk wanted to kiss the boy already senseless for saying that, “I don’t want to leave him. Please… please can he be my boyfriend?”

Eunhyuk gave Donghae a little squeeze in his hand while looking at his friends because he was too nervous for Anne’s answer. Siwon and Ryeowook seemed a bit nervous too. Was that for him or was it because they liked Donghae too (as a friend, of course)? Yesung looked as indifferent as always as Kibum just looked as if he wanted to examine Donghae as soon as he got the chance.

“Donghae…” Anne began while looking at her lap, Eunhyuk felt his heart thump hard for the answer, “to be honest, I don’t really like this situation with you and Eunhyuk,” she told him and both their faces fell while their hands were squeezing each other hard in an attempt to show the other that they really didn’t want to let go. “Yunho is right, Eunhyuk’s ‘job’ is dangerous, though I’m suspecting that he has a little brother complex too, just like your father, who has grown himself a father complex rather fast,” she said while eyeing Daniel with some kind of strange amusement while Daniel defended himself by saying: “Well, sorry but I’m trying to catch up with the present.” Donghae was by now looking like he wanted to cry and Eunhyuk never admitted it to himself but he felt the same because this didn’t seem to go the right way.

Anne sighed and shook her head: “also, the two of you are six years apart, which can cause some trouble. It could be that there will come troubles in the future because of the age difference, things that you won’t understand because you’re younger than Eunhyuk. ” Donghae nodded his head in understanding. He knew what was going on but he loved Eunhyuk, wasn’t that enough?

His mother took his free hand and slowly rubbed her thumb over it: “You do understand all that, don’t you?” She asked him and Donghae nodded solemnly while answering: “Yes, I understand.”

“Well, if that is the case, then I want you to promise me that you know what you’re getting yourself into,” she began and Donghae looked up in surprise and glee because he began to understand where his mother was going. He took a quick look at Eunhyuk who looked just as hopeful as he was.

“I promise, I promise!” Donghae quickly said, he did not want his mother to get second thoughts.

“You do understand that fate can pull the two of you away from each other, doesn’t matter how, and you still want to get through with it?” Anne asked him to be really sure and Donghae nodded eagerly, he could almost smell his victory but others could also smell their defeat as Daniel said: “Anne, I thought that you ag-”

Anne interrupted him: “If you understand then I have no problem with allowing Eunhyuk and you to have a relationship.” Donghae screamed it out in glee and hugged his mother tightly while thanking her over and over for her acceptance. Then he turned to Eunhyuk and pressed his lips hard on the older, he was so happy that he had forgotten that they had a crowd.

“Stop, STOP!” Daniel protested, “I never agreed to this!” He looked like he was going to hit something and everyone around him began wondering how a man, who seemed so easy-going at first, could have such objections to this.

“Daniel.” Anne warned him and now Daniel only grumbled while one could see Yunho narrowing his eyes in the corner of the room while Jaejoong was clinging to his arm in glee. Jaejoong was clearly happy that two person had found each other.

Donghae and Eunhyuk stopped with their happy kiss and there crept a blush on Donghae’s neck while Eunhyuk was grinning from ear to ear.

“Well now,” Anne stood up from the bed, “it seems like all of us need to leave the room so that Kibum can check Donghae’s health,” she turned to look Eunhyuk in the eye, “that means you too.” She sternly told him and Eunhyuk nodded while giving Donghae an apologetic smile but Donghae began to protest: “Mom, can’t Eunhyuk stay here?”

But instead of his mother, his father answered: “Oh no! I won’t allow him to stay here with you. To be specific, he’s not allowed together with you in a room with a bed.” He growled while glaring at Eunhyuk who was slipping out of the bed while glaring back. He certainly wasn’t going to lose against Daniel, not when Anne had given her blessing!

Donghae wanted to protest but his mother shook her head: “I’ll stay here, sweetie. You’ll see Eunhyuk soon enough.” She told him with a soft smile and the both of them watched everyone leave. Somewhere in the corner Kibum was rumbling with some instruments while he barely noticed Siwon’s goodbye kiss.

A few moments later, the whole group was in the hallway and slowly dispersed. In the end, only Daniel and Eunhyuk stood in the hallway. They stared at each other, or rather glared at each other before Daniel whispered in a low voice to Eunhyuk: “I’ll make sure that the two of you won’t ever be alone…” Before he turned around and left Eunhyuk standing in front of Donghae’s door. At that moment Eunhyuk also promised something to himself:

‘I’ll make sure that we’ll be alone and that you won’t be able to do anything about it!’

 


It seems like some of you already knew that Daniel wasn't going to let things go easy! Luckily for us, Eunhyuk seems to have an idea what to do! Let's just hope that he'll succeed!

Next up: Little timeskip; how Daniel's plan worked and how Eunhyuk became frustrated!

So if you liked this chap or story please let me know by subscribing, commenting or upvoting ^-^ !