Chapter Fifty

The Good, the Bad, and the Ones in Love

Chapter Fifty

Two weeks later

 

Eunhyuk was frustrated because of the fish. Again! Well to be fair, it wasn’t really the fish but more the fish’s father. Daniel was actually succeeding with his plan to keep Donghae away from him by just telling his son that he wanted get closer to him. And he became closer to him, much to Eunhyuk’s dissatisfaction because he was taking up all Donghae’s time and if he wasn’t then he made sure that Eunhyuk’s schedule was packed so that he couldn’t spend time with Donghae.

It didn’t matter how much Eunhyuk tried, Daniel was always one step ahead which made the old man too damn proud of himself. And he hadn’t even seen all the gaps in the schedules but even if Daniel wasn’t there to guard Donghae, then there would be Yunho who acted like some sort of glue to Donghae and walked everywhere were his little brother went. Jaejoong even became tired of trailing after his boyfriend and now spend most of his time with Anne.

Eunhyuk had hoped that Anne would help him but when he walked up to her the eight day she had patted him on the head and said to him: “If I would help you to get to Donghae, then you would never be able to have him for real. You have to find a way to get to Donghae on your own, only that way he’ll truly be yours.” Then she walked away to Heechul and Jaejoong with whom she had been playing a card game.

He had also hoped that Donghae would at least helped a bit but the boy was just being oblivious to everything around him. Donghae was already happy if he just saw Eunhyuk, he didn’t really mind that they were not sleeping together anymore (even if he missed it sometimes). His mother slept with him now because he had often nightmares and then he would need someone to calm him down. Eunhyuk loved to be that person but Daniel had heavily objected to it, and not even Anne could give him other thoughts.

 Eunhyuk sighed as he turned around in his big leather chair and he stared at the cupboard. He was discussing with himself if he should get himself drunk tonight to forget all of his misery or not. He was about to stand up when the door opened expectantly and he saw Jaejoong and Heechul walk into the room.

“You look pathetic.” Heechul commented while taking a seat in front of Eunhyuk’s bureau. Jaejoong also sat down but he did it quietly so that he didn’t set Eunhyuk off. Because even Jaejoong could see that Eunhyuk definitely wasn’t in a good mood.

“Yeah, I really need you to tell me that, Heechul.” Eunhyuk grumbled and he now seriously wanted some alcohol. Maybe he should take the vodka or something out of the cupboard.

“I know you need me too. And I also know that you need me and Jaejoong to help you with your little problem.” Heechul stared at Eunhyuk’s lower parts with a cunning smile – Eunhyuk stood up when he heard the first part of the sentence to get some Devil Springs Vodka.

Eunhyuk turned around (giving Heechul a good view) while uttering: “How would you help me?”

“Well we take out the family of course. But this isn’t my plan but Jaejoong’s.” Heechul grinned at the younger male next to him and Eunhyuk also looked at him with expectant eyes.

“Ehm, well yeah. This was our plan…”

 

***

 

Everyone sat around the dinner table, eating in silence. Eunhyuk sat on the head of the table, as far from Donghae as imaginable who sat on the other side of the table. Yunho sat on his left side while Daniel on his right… they were even guarding him on the dinner table!  

Jaejoong sat at Yunho’s side while Anne sat next to Daniel. Kyuhyun was eating his food undisturbed next to Anne while Kibum and Siwon were sitting across him. Once in a while, Siwon and Kibum gave Eunhyuk a pitiful glance. God, now even his own people thought that he was pathetic!

“Sorry we’re late!” Heechul and Hangeng walked inside the room and everyone except for Kyuhyun looked up from their dinner.

“Why are you so late?” Yunho questioned them after he took another sip of his soup. “No particular reason,” Heechul let his hand run through his hair as he gave the people in the room a mysterious smile. Nobody actually dared to ask any further. And Hangeng sat down next to Kyuhyun with Heechul next to him.

‘Ring, Ring, Ring’

“Daniel speaking…” Daniel answered his phone while ignoring Anne’s angry stare, she obviously found it rude to answer the phone when you were having dinner.

Daniel listen for five minutes while everyone else just kept eating their dinner. Eunhyuk exchanged quick glances with Jaejoong and Heechul. Jaejoong looked a bit nervous but also seemed sure of himself while Heechul just had that damned smirk of his on his face.

“Okay, thank you. I’ll be there soon.” Daniel hung up the phone and sighed deeply. Everyone stopped eating again and they looked at Daniel with a surprised expression.

“You’re going somewhere?” Heechul inquired.

Daniel sighed and then answered: “Yeah, there are some matters back in New York that need my attention.”

“How long will you be gone?” Eunhyuk couldn’t help but ask Daniel. Daniel’s eyes narrowed before answering: “I’ll be back sooner than you can do something.” He grumbled and Anne laid her hand on his shoulder to calm him down.

“Want me to come along?” She asked him in a sweet voice, to distract him. “Yes, of course you’ll come along just like Donghae and Yunho.” He decided.

Donghae let his fork fall on his plate and stared at his father with an open mouth: “But I want to stay with Hyukkie!” He immediately whined. Eunhyuk smirked happily, finally his fish fought for him against his father.

“No I won’t leave you here with that good-for-nothing!” Daniel forbid him and Daniel began pouting. As Eunhyuk watched Daniel, he saw Anne smiling in the corner of his eyes.

“Why not leave Yunho here to watch over Hae?” Kyuhyun proposed as he looked in the direction of the kitchen where Ryeowook was busy with the dessert.

Anne clamped her hands together: “That’s a splendid idea. We’ll do it that way.” She decided and her voice left no room for any friction.

“Fine.” Daniel growled: “But if I even catch a rumour about my son being mistreated, then you’re gonna get it!” He pointed to Eunhyuk with his knife as if he wanted to throw it. Eunhyuk nodded while he tried to hide his triumphant smile.

“Yunho!” Daniel barked and Yunho looked up, startled: “Yes?” He answered after gulping. “It’s your duty to keep Donghae away from that monkey!” He ordered and he was immediately punched in the arm after that by Anne. “Oh, you big bully!” She cried out. “What do you have against Eunhyuk? He’s polite and he takes good care of Hae.” She defended him. Eunhyuk raised his eyebrows in surprise but smiled either way, happy that people finally took his side. Daniel grumbled some incoherent things and Eunhyuk was sure that he didn’t have any real argument against his wife.

But when Eunhyuk saw the determined eyes of Yunho, he knew that Donghae’s big brother had already took his stepfather’s words to the heart. Still he was determined to get some time with Donghae for himself, he wouldn’t let Yunho or Daniel win!

 

***

 

As Daniel watched over the soldiers that were lifting the stuff in the cars. Anne was hugging Donghae and Yunho while saying: “Okay, we’ll be back in two days. Take good care of yourselves, okay?”

Yunho and Donghae both nodded. Donghae with a smile on his face as Yunho looked determined.

“We can go!” Daniel called as he walked into the car, he had already sat goodbye to his son and stepson. Anne nodded and she cupped both her sons faces quickly, before saying: “See you soon!” And she also stepped into the car.

Donghae and Yunho watched the parents drive away before returning to the base. When they went into the living room they saw Eunhyuk and Jaejoong watching TV together.

Yunho let himself fall on the couch before putting an arm on Jaejoong’s shoulders but he still watched Donghae as a hawk as the younger one sat down on the couch next to Eunhyuk. Donghae grabbed Eunhyuk’s hand and also looked at the TV.

Eunhyuk and Jaejoong exchanged a look before the younger one turned to Yunho to kiss him. Yunho couldn’t really keep his attention by Donghae and averted it to Jaejoong to kiss him back, hungrily.

Eunhyuk smirked but stayed on the couch for another minute before he quickly pulled Donghae up and exited the living room. Still they did it quietly so that they wouldn’t disturb Jaejoong and Yunho.

“Come on, we don’t have much time.” Eunhyuk pulled Donghae through the hallway, to his own quarters.

When they finally reached his own bedroom, Eunhyuk let go of Donghae’s hand. The younger one panted and was confused about what was going on while Eunhyuk was busy putting the lock on his door.

“Finally,” Eunhyuk breathed out when everything was done.

Donghae just stared at him, completely confused: “Why did you do that?” He asked the older.

Eunhyuk smirked and pulled Donghae closer to him.

“So that we can finally get some alone-time.”

 


Well, after fifty chaps, it's finally coming, the thing that we've all been waiting for! :) I just let you wait for a little bit more...

Next up: continuation of this chap

If you're excited about the next update (well I am) or if you liked this one :/ then please let me know by subscribing, commenting or upvoting (like AmySiHae_Eunhae and Luuh-ah ^^)