Chapter Twenty-Five

The Good, the Bad, and the Ones in Love

Chapter Twenty-Five

Sungmin held his gaze on the white doors. The guilt in his heart was becoming heavier by the minute. If only he had made sure that Kyuhyun would’ve stayed in the room… but he hadn’t and now Kyuhyun was in surgery.

“He’ll make it, Minnie! I’m sure of it!” Ryeowook’s little hand found its way into Sungmin’s to get some comfort. Sometimes Sungmin wondered if this was really a mafia hideout, the way everyone was acting with each other fitted more with a family.

He unconsciously snickered, that was probably why they had gotten the nickname: the mafia-family. Even when it sounded utmost ridiculous, Sungmin had to admit that it fitted them.

Ryeowook thought that the snickers were hiccups and grabbed Sungmin’s hand a bit tighter. He laid his head on Sungmin’s shoulder and stared at the white doors. Sungmin found that gesture strangely comforting and a bit hesitatingly he laid his own head on Ryeowook’s.

“I’m often doing this with Yeye…” Ryeowook sighed and rubbed his head a bit into Sungmin’s shoulder. “You must miss him.” Sungmin understood that Ryeowook was looking for a bit of comfort himself. He felt the younger one nodding. “Yeah, but Eunhyuk said that I couldn’t go with him because I’ll distract him.” Ryeowook pouted.

Sungmin laughed but his laughter died when he heard Ryeowook: “I… I just need him now.” Sungmin put an arm around the younger one’s shoulders. He knew what Ryeowook was trying to say. The fact that he needed Yesung for comfort was natural. But Sungmin also understood that Yesung had his own duties and he couldn’t just leave them. Sungmin Ryeowook’s arm and they both looked at the white doors again.

“Isn’t Kibum done yet?” Sungmin jumped almost from the bench that he had been sitting on. Siwon’s voice had been like lighting on a clear day. Ryeowook shook his head in answer and Sungmin just stared at the tall man. He was looking terrible. After a rough raid and then coming home in such a mess wasn’t easy, especially if you were the one who had to clean up afterwards.

Siwon sat down on the bench next to Ryeowook and also stared at the white doors. They sat in silence for a few minutes until Siwon decided to break it: “It’s funny how we all got attached to these two boys.” Sungmin nodded, he didn’t really know what to say. Ryeowook gave Siwon a bitter smile. “You mean ‘it’s sad’. I don’t particularly like losing friends and the more I have, the more I seem to lose…” Ryeowook let his tears fall and Sungmin was about to wipe them away when the white doors opened.

The three of them immediately stood up, though Siwon was the first to walk to the person who stood in the doorway. Kibum looked tired but content as he pulled off his mask. Siwon pulled him in a hug, not minding some of the blood that was on Kibum’s coat. “I’m fine, Siwon.” Kibum reassured him even when Siwon hadn’t asked him anything.

Kibum let his gaze fall on the two other persons in the hallway. “Kyuhyun is sleeping now, you can go to him now, he should wake up in a couple of hours…” And then he let himself get pulled by Siwon, without a doubt to their bedroom.

Sungmin didn’t waste a moment and immediately walked into the room. He found Kyuhyun sleeping on a bed that stood in the corner of the room. His face was pale and the white bandages around his shoulder painfully stood out but all was fine now, Sungmin felt it.

He grabbed a stool which stood next to the bed and sat down. Then he softly took Kyuhyun’s cold hand in his own and stared at the boy’s face.

Ryeowook put his hand on Sungmin’s shoulder and Sungmin gave him a sweet nod. Still Ryeowook didn’t stay long. Ryeowook actually couldn’t handle blood very well. He was only in this kind of business because of Yesung and everyone knew that if you got into the mafia family that there was practically no way to get out of it. So instead of breaking off his relationship with Yesung, Ryeowook decided to join the family. Sungmin found that sweet and part of him wished that Kyuhyun would do the same thing in the future.

 

Two hours had passed and Ryeowook had left to make dinner. Leaving Sungmin and Kyuhyun alone in the little room. Sungmin didn’t mind and tried to focus his thoughts on the boy before him so that he wouldn’t let himself get swallowed by his feelings of self-hatred.

“S-Sungmin?” Sungmin quickly glanced at the boy. His eyes were barely open but it was clear that he could see. Sungmin smiled and squeezed the younger’s hand. “Yes, it’s me.” He softly told the boy. “What- what happened?” Kyuhyun uttered with much difficulty. He was feeling very drowsy and if he tried to think back, his head only hurt.

“You were shot in the shoulder.” Sungmin the younger one’s hair as a mother would do. The guilty feelings were building themselves up inside of him. How could he let this happen. “H- Hae…” Kyuhyun then inquired.

“Donghae is fine, Kyu. He’s probably asleep.” Sungmin reassured the younger without stopping his caresses. Kyuhyun seemed distracted for a moment when he noticed Sungmin’s sweet gesture and he needed some time to get his thoughts back on the right track. “Hen- Henry…” He then managed to utter and Sungmin’s form grew rigid and he stopped his caresses.

He sat back on his stool and put his hands on his lap. Kyuhyun immediately noticed this change of behaviour and tried to sit up. Sungmin tried to get him to lay down again but Kyuhyun wouldn’t rest anymore and he almost fell out of his bed while he tried to wrestle with Sungmin.

“Kyu!” Kyuhyun immediately stopped the fight when he heard the voice of his best friend and not a moment later he was pulled into a strong, childish embrace from his best friend. Donghae was once again crying his heart out. As Kyuhyun Donghae’s back, he let his gaze go from Sungmin to Eunhyuk, who also came into the room with Donghae. Both gave him an apologetic look and Kyuhyun immediately knew what it meant. He let silent tears fall from his eyes as he softly rocked both himself and Donghae back and forth.  

“Kyu, I want to go home,” Donghae told his best friend his deepest wish, “I want to see Yunho, Jaejoong and I want to see mom.” He cried harder when he mentioned his mom and as Kyuhyun looked at both Sungmin and Eunhyuk, he noticed that the bunny had averted his gaze and that Eunhyuk was watching the both of them with sad eyes but Kyuhyun also saw another emotion that he couldn’t quite place.

“I know Hae,” he told his best friend while he slowly pulled himself out of the embrace. It didn’t matter anymore that he felt pain while doing that, all that mattered was Donghae at the moment. He took a better look at his friend and saw that his friend was almost as pale as he was which wasn’t healthy at all.

“Take him outside tomorrow,” he ordered Eunhyuk. The older one’s eyes widened so much that he thought that they would pop out. “He needs some fresh air, it’ll do him good.” He explained and Eunhyuk seriously overthought things. Then he slowly nodded. “Okay, I will.”

Then Eunhyuk guided Donghae off the bed and told him that Kyuhyun needed some rest. Donghae nodded and while he wiped some of his tears, he left the room with Eunhyuk.

Sungmin also stood up and made sure that Kyuhyun laid well. “I’ll go now as well. You need to rest.” He gave Kyuhyun a sweet kiss on his front head and then walked out of the room. Kyuhyun wanted to call him back but his pride didn’t allow him to do that and he watched how Sungmin left the room with a disappointed look on his face.

Kyuhyun needed two hours to fall asleep because he couldn’t stop cursing himself for the fact that he had let the bunny get out of his grasp.

 


Hmm, seems like the kyumin relationship isn't back on track yet. Anyways, it's funny there were only two persons that cared about Heechul's cat! Only two?! Isn't a cat's life important anymore? Sorry, just teasing you but it is true! In all the information that I'm giving you there are always just one or two people who seem to catch on. I know that a lot of it seems rubbish but underneath it are many clues! For example, I've already given you at least two clues about the traitor and has anybody seen it? No most probably not since they're not easy to spot (that rhymes)! And for people who have an idea about who the traitor is, please tell me, I'm curious!

And then our dear shadow-walker and Heechul... scared you quite a bit, didn't I? You all want me to stop Heechul but I have to ask you: how? Heechul won't tell anyone, why would he? If many people know, many people can stop him. Is anybody catching on to what I'm saying yet?

I'm giving too many hints here... Oh and I'm not thanking anyone now, I'm cursing! Yes, one upvoter is gone and I know who you are! Makes me wonder why you're gone... Never mind. Thank you commenters for commenting, thank you subscribers for subscribing!

Next up: EUNHAE OUTSIDE!

PLEASE REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE, TO COMMENT AND TO UPVOTE AND  DEFINITELY NOT TO UNUPVOTE!