Special Chapter Thirty-Six

The Good, the Bad, and the Ones in Love

I've named this a special chapter because neither Daniel nor Anne will be telling this story, but I will. You will be hearing the exact same information as Donghae and Eunhyuk will, just told in a different way... :)


Special Chapter Thirty-Six

This story actually begins in 1945. Germany was losing the war. From the east came the Russians and from the west the Americans with the obvious reason to stop the Nazis. In the south Italy had already surrendered so there was no other choice than to hide their most important secrets in the north.

Sweden had been ‘neutral’ in the entire war. But their neighbour country, Norway, was invaded which made Sweden do some conflicting things. On one hand they hid the Jews from the Nazis but on the other hand, they did sell weapons to the same people.

The conflicting attitude and the little population made Sweden the ideal hiding place for the Nazi’s secrets. So they hid their secrets in the hope that they would be able to get it back later.

The most important secret of all those secret’s was the dragon’s eye. A golden pyramid with blueprints of a nuclear weapon inside it. The victors had been searching for evidence of a nuclear weapon but hadn’t found it so in the end they just said that it hadn’t existed. The Nazis never made a nuclear weapon but they had been close, they said. After all, the victors had found some factories that had already tried making the nuclear weapons but those weren’t done by a long shot yet. Never had any of them thought that it could be in another country, that the thing that they were looking for was long forgotten in the wilderness!

 

Forty-nine years later, Lee Daniel became a student on the free university of Berlin. Interested in history and with enough money from his parents, he heard about that ‘legendary’ dragon’s eye and decided that that would be the thing that he would try to find. After all, how nice would it be for a mafia organisation to know how to make a powerful weapon? They would be invincible!

Surprisingly, it only took him one year to find a dairy of one of the soldiers who had hidden away the dragon’s eye. Though he didn’t exactly write where the dragon’s eye was, it was clear that it was somewhere in the north of Sweden.

So, Daniel decided to spend his money well and go to Sweden. Not thinking about that he didn’t know where to go in the wilderness. Just when he stayed there in a hotel, he noticed his oversight. Quickly he let someone find a person that would know about the surroundings and then he noticed another flaw. People could be listening to them and if they were talking English, everything would be very easy to understand for the opposite party. The answer to his question came immediately  as if he was talking to somebody else. He had to find someone who spoke not only Swedish but also Korean.

 

His answer was an at the time twenty year old girl, named Anne Eriksson. After a bad relationship with another, she had a child two year old son. She was a third-year student at the university of Stockholm, working on her last piece before graduation.

Not wanting to let his purpose know immediately, Daniel sent her a mysterious card to which she mysteriously reacted.

Anne knew from the moment on that she saw Daniel that she liked him. It couldn’t really be love at first sight, because she didn’t believe in that but there was definitely some kind of spark between them. Daniel found the exact same about Anne and told her what he wanted to find.

Loving an adventure, Anne agreed to help him and they both began to study maps and to inform by people. After a while they found a secret document about the hiding place for the thing that they had been looking for and they set up an expedition.

 

After spending days traveling through the mountains on foot, they found a little cave close to a big lake. As they walked through the cave, they found a rusty old door. Daniel ordered his men to open the door and after some pushing and pulling, they opened it. Daniel and Anne were the first two people who walked inside that little room in the cave. Finding a few stacks of golden objects on either side of the room, they walked further to the table. There next to an old book on which Daniel could read: ‘The Bible’, they found a golden pyramid. Anne let her fingers trail over the surface as she turned around and said in glee: “Daniel, we found it!” Anne had actually found out about the male’s name after their second meeting, she already knew that John Smit was just a pseudonym.

Daniel smiled and ordered his men to take out the rest of the stuff in the cave. He gave Anne the Bible while he took the heavy pyramid in his arms. Anne was happily fantasizing about their great contribution to history while Daniel just kept nodding. He hadn’t exactly told her yet that he wasn’t gonna hand it over to the government but keep it to himself.

Suddenly one of the men that had been carrying some gold from the stacks on the sides of the room fell down, right in front of Anne and his heavy body fell on her. She screamed and tried to get away, letting the bible lay on the side. Daniel kicked the dead body aside and helped Anne. Quickly, he hid her behind a large rock on the side of the lake and made her look straight in his eyes. He made her promise that she wouldn’t leave the place until he said so. She ‘listened’ to him, thought the reality was that she was too much in shock to be able to move.

 

Anne didn’t know how much time Daniel had used to get rid of their attackers, she didn’t know who they were and she didn’t know when she got back. Eventually, she woke up with Daniel caressing her head and her family standing next to her bed, worrying. She didn’t want to tell her family what happened there, they didn’t need to know that she had once again brought doom to herself but instead she asked Daniel (when they were alone) to explain everything. Which he did.

Loving him too much, Anne decided that she couldn’t leave him just because he was the underboss of the mafia (his father being the boss). For a month everything went well until she discovered that she was pregnant. Daniel wanted to marry her obviously, but he wanted to do it in America. Her whole family could come along and indeed they married just two months later. But when her family left for Sweden, she and Yunho stayed with Daniel, living a relatively normal life.

 

Anne heard some rumours. One of the attackers had escaped and now the whole mafia world knew that Daniel had gotten a hold of the dragon’s eye. Others were about her husband, saying that he didn’t know how to open the pyramid, or about her becoming Daniel’s wife. She felt lucky that no one knew about her new-born son, Donghae, and Yunho.

To celebrate Donghae´s first birthday, the entire family went to Sweden. Anne was delighted to see her family again and was having the time of her life while Daniel was a bit wary, sometimes disappearing in the middle of the night. Anne didn´t know where, she never asked.

 

One day, Anne wanted to go shopping, so she ordered a cab, leaving the children by her parents. Daniel had taken off somewhere and she didn´t know where and honestly, she didn´t care if he came back alive.

When she sat in the cab, she let herself been driven around until she saw that she wasn´t taken to the mall but to somewhere else. She alerted the driver but the rude man just turned up the glass between them. Anne saw some smoking coming from under the seat. She began to panic. She tried to break the glass, tried to open the door but nothing worked and she felt herself becoming drowsy. Ten seconds later, her eyes closed and she fell into a deep slumber…


That was part one, part two will be up tomorrow (hopefully)... So remember chapter seventeen and eighteen of which I told you that it was the main frame, yes? Well this is the main frame with clothes on but without some accessoires, meaning: This is the big storyline but some things are missing since neither Hae nor Hyuk are hearing it because Daniel and Anne won't tell about that. Logical right? Do you know about which things I'm talking? I have mentioned something :P!

'Kay so next up: continuation of this Special Chap of course!

Comment, subscribe and upvote! Please?!