Chapter Three

The Good, the Bad, and the Ones in Love

Chapter Three

“Yunho, please tell me what’s going on. What happened?” Yunho sighed and caressed his boyfriends cheek. “I- I don’t really know what happened. I couldn’t hear what they were saying but the living room alone tells a lot.” Jaejoong patiently waited for Yunho to start his story. He rubbed his back to comfort him and Yunho took a deep breath before he began talking.

“We heard a gunshot and outcries not soon after that. Donghae grabbed my shirt to get some comfort. He was so scared that he was trembling but I’m not sure if he himself knew that. I wanted to stand up but another gunshot was heard, which made Donghae go into shock. I tried to peel his hand of me because he was too frightened to even know what was going on anymore. He let go of me when I mentioned mom and I walked into the living room.” Yunho stopped talking for a minute and Jaejoong took his hand in the hope that it would encourage him to go on with his story.

“The whole apartment was wrecked and there had been a fight, obviously. There were pools of blood on the floor, it made me sick but I looked around to see who the blood was from. But there was no one in the apartment. Not only those men were gone but my mom had vanished too. They obviously took her along with them.” Now he made sounds with the crying and Jaejoong pulled him close. He hated to see his boyfriend like this. So broken. Jaejoong knew that Yunho’s mother meant everything to him and Donghae.

“It’s going to be alright, Yunho, we’ll find your mother.” He tried to reassure the older but Yunho just shook his head. “I have no idea where to find her, Jaejoong. She just vanished without a trace.” Jaejoong gave him a comforting kiss on the cheek but kept silent. If he was honest, he didn’t know what to do either.

“What are you going to tell Donghae?” Jaejoong asked after they sat together for a while. “I don’t know. He was already so hurt by everything that I don’t know.”

As if on cue, Donghae walked into the living room while rubbing his eyes, cutely. “Yunho,” he called for his older brother, “I had a bad dream.” Donghae walked to the couch and Jaejoong shoved to the side so that Donghae could sit in the middle.

“What was your bad dream about?” Jaejoong asked softly while he wiped some hair out of Donghae’s face after Donghae sat down. “There were some bad guys that came into our house and I heard gunshots.” He leaned against Yunho for some comfort but the older one had turned completely rigid again. “Where is mom?” Donghae asked innocently and Jaejoong began to stammer: “Well, Donghae… you see…-” But Yunho cut him off with a loud voice: “Mom’s on a business trip.” Jaejoong looked at him incredulously but Donghae seemed to buy the lie. He nodded: “So that’s why we’re here with Jaejoong.” Yunho nodded stiffly and Jaejoong sighed.  

“Donghae?” Yunho called and Donghae looked up at his older brother, his brown eyes that were dull before sparkled again. “Jae and I are going to visit her, so is it alright if we find you another place to sleep?” Donghae pouted and shook his head: “I’m seventeen, Yunho, I can take care of myself. I want to stay home.” He whined but Yunho shook his head. “Just do as I say this once.” He almost begged Donghae and Donghae looked at him confused. His brother wasn’t really behaving normal. Usually he would and such things and say that he was just like a baby but now he was almost begging him to listen. An uncomfortable feeling grew in his stomach but he just nodded.

“I’ll get my stuff from home.” Donghae stood up but Yunho pulled him onto the couch again. “No, you stay home here with Jae. I’ll get it.” Donghae rolled his eyes but nodded.

“Anything specific that you want?” Yunho asked and Donghae almost shook his head when he remembered: “Nemo.” He simply said and Yunho nodded as if he already expected that answer. “I’ll be right back.” He ruffled Donghae’s hair and kissed Jaejoong on his cheek and whispered something to him before walking out of the door.

 

***

 

Yunho knocked on the door and patiently waited for an answer. He had often stood before this door to pick his little brother up. He glanced around to see if someone was looking at him. The incident had made him incredibly nervous.

The door opened and a younger boy looked at him. His eyebrows lifted. “Yunho, didn’t expect you to be here.” Kyuhyun glanced at the brother of his best friend who looked worse than he had ever seen him.

“Can I come in?” Yunho asked and Kyuhyun nodded warily. He already suspected some bad news.

Yunho walked into a neat room. The only thing that seemed to indicate that someone was living here was the math book on the dining table, the rest of the house didn’t really give a warm feeling, more an hotel kind of feeling. It was completely different from his own home, where his mother laid all her stuff anywhere and everywhere. On top of the fact that Donghae was even worse with tidying up than their mother… His face fell when he thought about his mother and he felt a pang inside him.

“What’s wrong?” Kyuhyun closed the door behind them and Yunho turned around to face the serious looking, younger male.

“I need your help.” He admitted and he stopped hiding his worries because he knew that Kyuhyun could handle that.

“What can I do?” Kyuhyun immediately inquired. Ready to do everything in his power.

“Can you let Donghae stay with you for a while?” Yunho asked and the younger one immediately nodded, eager to help.

“Of course he can, but why Yunho?” Kyuhyun wasn’t stupid. He knew that something had to be going on. Donghae was seventeen and despite being the clumsy and naive guy he was, he could live a few days alone (well at least that was what Donghae always said).

Yunho let himself fall on Kyuhyun’s couch while Kyuhyun kept standing. Yunho just began talking without an introduction: “We were eating our dinner when the door was suddenly thrown open. Four men appeared who seemed to know my mother. And my mother seemed to know them or at least one of them. She ordered me and Donghae to go to her bedroom while she stayed there with the men. They began to talk louder and louder and suddenly we heard two gunshots and cries. I walked inside the living room  but only found pools of blood but no humans. My mother and the men were gone. I knew that we couldn’t stay anymore so I carried Donghae out of the house and drove to Jaejoong were Donghae still is.”

Kyuhyun kept silent for a moment and seemed to think. “Did anything stand out on the men’s clothing or something?” Yunho shrugged. “I don’t really know, I couldn’t see them that well. They were around the corner. Only my mom and Donghae saw them.”

Kyuhyun nodded. “Then we should ask Donghae about it.”

Yunho shook his head and whispered, “We can’t. Donghae thinks that mom’s abroad. He thinks that all of it is a bad dream.” Kyuhyun’s eyes widened before he breathed out: “You lied to him…”

“Only to make sure that he wouldn’t break down again. You should’ve seen him, Kyuhyun, he was already so frightened when they were just arguing. When we heard the gunshots, he had gone into shock.” Yunho defended himself and now Kyuhyun sat down on the couch too, his head felt heavier than it had ever done.

“This makes no sense.” He told Yunho. “Anne was in the white circuit. I know, I saw some of her files when Donghae and I played in your house. This couldn’t have happened because of her business deals.”

“I know. And I know for sure that my mother would never do a thing to let Donghae be in danger.” He slammed his fist on Kyuhyun’s coffee table in desperation. “Why is this happening?” He now asked and he had to keep his tears from flowing.

Kyuhyun just shook his head to let Yunho know that he also didn’t know.

Yunho stood up and Kyuhyun followed him with his eyes. “I put Donghae’s stuff in the trunk.” Kyuhyun nodded and waited five minutes for Yunho to come back with Donghae’s stuff. He put down three bags with clothes and a stuffed Nemo on top of it.

“Could you keep Donghae safe for a while?” He then asked Kyuhyun who furrowed his eyebrows.

“What do you want me to do?”

“Keep him away from strangers. Anyone really. We don’t know who took my mom because I know damn sure that she wouldn’t run off on her own. Maybe they would want to take Donghae too.” He sighed and Kyuhyun nodded.

“What are you going to do then?” He asked the older one.

“I’m going to try to find my mom along with Jaejoong.” When Kyuhyun raised his eyebrows, Yunho clarified: “I don’t really want to pull Jaejoong in this but I don’t know what those guys wanted so I’m taking him along as I don’t want him to disappear too. I know that you can protect Donghae but you can’t protect Jaejoong as well, Kyuhyun.” Kyuhyun nodded, secretly happy that he only had to look out for Donghae.

“I will bring him tonight, okay?” Yunho asked while he opened the front door and Kyuhyun nodded. Yunho walked out and Kyuhyun closed the door behind him and he vowed that he would protect his best friend.


I'm being very nice to update again, don't you think?

Some of you have been asking how old everyone is, so I figured that it would be fair to tell the rest of you too...

Donghae is 17

Kyuhyun is 16 and 355 days

Anne is 39

Yunho is 21

Eunhyuk is 23

Jaejoong is 21

Every time a new character appears, I will tell you how old they are, 'kay? 

So the next update: The real action begins... (I'm really getting into the mystery feeling here). Please don't forget to comment, to subscribe and to upvote (I sometimes get very jealous of people who have 4 subscribers, 1 comment and two upvotes, but don't listen to me I'm already very happy with all the good reactions that I get :D)