Chapter Fifteen

The Good, the Bad, and the Ones in Love

Chapter Fifteen

“That was just weird.” said Henry after the watched Eunhyuk walk away. Donghae nodded vigorously in agreement. It had been weird, but it had been also very scary for him because he had no idea what the older wanted with him!

“Hae,” Kyuhyun softly spoke while Donghae sat normally again, “you do know that he was able to see you just now, right?” Kyuhyun took a bite from his sandwich and chewed while Donghae’s face began to heat up a bit.

“Yeah,” he softly admitted, “but I couldn’t see him that way.” He retorted and Kyuhyun almost spit out his bread in laughter.

“And that’s why I call you a genius!” He managed to say after a while. Donghae and Henry looked a bit confused at Kyuhyun but they both shrug it off.

When Kyuhyun finally composed himself again he asked Henry: “Henry, do you have any idea why they want Hae’s mom?” Kyuhyun actually trusted the younger boy. Not only had he taken care of Donghae, the boy had also freed him from his bounds when he was still tied to Sungmin’s bed. And Kyuhyun knew for sure that nobody had told the boy to do that.

“Hae’s mom? You mean Anne?” Henry asked and both Donghae and Kyuhyun nodded.

Henry furrowed his eyebrows in thought. He was an errand boy and even if his big brother made sure that he was working in Eunhyuk’s headquarters, he still didn’t know very much about the business they had around.

“I believe that they believe that Anne knows something.” He carefully answered and Kyuhyun rolled his eyes at the younger. “No Sherlock! Do you know what?” Kyuhyun sneered and Donghae gave him a little slap so that Kyuhyun wouldn’t piss off Henry. But luckily for them, Henry was such an airhead that he didn’t even notice.

Henry thought about it for really long, but he came up with nothing. “I’m sorry but I don’t know.”

“Really? You don’t know anything? It could be a little thing that they have named because they are searching for it. Maybe they just said something but didn’t name Anne in it.”

Henry looked down at his sandwich. He really wanted to help his new friends. Actually he never even had friends because his older brother hadn’t allowed him to. All the persons he had ever known were working for his brother and those people had always been at least ten years older than he was.

Henry recalled something because he was thinking of his brother: “I remember something!” He said and both Donghae and Kyuhyun perked up.

“I believe that my brother has lost something…” Henry began, a bit unsure of his story but the encouraging smiles of the two others in the kitchen made him continue: “No, it was stolen.” He remembered but the two others didn’t say anything and then slowly but steadily, Henry began to remember the story:

“I was already here for four months when Eunhyuk came in the kitchen. Siwon, Sungmin, Ryeowook, Kibum, Yesung and I were eating dinner but everybody tensed as soon as Eunhyuk came inside. I don’t really know why they were so tense but I think that it was because of Eunhyuk’s mood.”

Kyuhyun nodded thoughtfully: “Probably the same mood as he had just now.” He concluded but Henry just shrugged.

“I don’t know. Anyway, Eunhyuk came inside and said with his low voice: ‘Hangeng just called me: he said that the …” Henry stopped in the middle of his story and the two boys looked at him confused.

“What did Hankyung say?” Donghae asked confused and Henry quickly corrected: “Hangeng. I don’t know what its name was…”

“Doesn’t matter for now, just continue.” Kyuhyun shrugged it off and Henry nodded.

“So Eunhyuk said that the thing was stolen. I believe that it came out of Hangeng’s treasure room. Hangeng always checked everything, every three months and I believe that that thing was gone.”

“I don’t see how this is connected to my mom.” Donghae said confused and Kyuhyun nodded.

“Well, I believe that they need Anne to tell them where it is or to trade her for that thing.” Henry remembered the second fact when he said it.

“Wait, for who is Anne so important that they wanted to trade her for that object?” Kyuhyun asked because that didn’t make any sense. But before he cut continue his question Donghae cut in: “I want to trade my mom for whatever thing they are looking for!” He exclaimed. It was obvious to Kyuhyun that his older friend didn’t have a clue anymore about what was going on so he decided not to comment about that and he waited for  Henry to answer.

“I’m not sure but I thought that my brother was talking about another mafia group.” Henry said and it was silent for a moment.

“But… but my mom never talked to anyone that was in the mafia!” Donghae exclaimed. He didn’t understand anything anymore. People were looking for something but also for his mom who knew where something was so that they could trade that something for her? He got a headache from it!

Henry quickly made a waving gesture with his hands to indicate that he wasn’t sure. “Guys, I really don’t know anything…” He excused himself and both Kyuhyun and Donghae nodded in defeat.

“Wait a minute…!” Kyuhyun suddenly remembered. “How does Eunhyuk fit in the picture?” Henry’s face lit up a bit because he knew that. “Well since my brother and Eunhyuk are best friends, Hangeng asked Eunhyuk to help him find the dragon’s eye back!” He exclaimed in glee.

“The dragon’s eye?” Donghae noticed those words, “but dragons don’t exist!” And he knew that for sure! Because his own mom had said so and Yunho confirmed it! Though Donghae secretly thought that lizards were little baby dragons that still had to grow up but he would never tell anyone that!

“Oh, that’s it. That’s the name of the thing that is missing!” Henry clapped in his hands, happy that he remembered such an important thing.

“But what is it? As Donghae said, it can’t be a real dragon’s eye so what kind of artefact is it?” Kyuhyun wondered and Henry pursed his lips in thought.

“I don’t know, but if it was in my brother’s treasure room then it has to be really precious!”

 

***

 

“It’s just around the corner!” Yunho exclaimed while he drove him and Jaejoong to the house of his grandparents. There was snow on the road but luckily Yunho was a bit more accustomed to driving than Jaejoong was so Jaejoong was comfortably sitting in the passenger’s seat.

He had a jet lag so he was so tired that he wasn’t even sure if he could lift a finger. Yunho on the other hand was feeling better than he ever had, or well it looked that way. Which made Jaejoong a bit grumpy even if he wasn’t really ready to admit it.

Finally Yunho stopped by a house at the edge of the village and Jaejoong glanced at the house in front of them. It was fairly big, especially with the thought that only two people lived in there but it looked very homey.

Jaejoong watched Yunho get out of the car and waiting for him outside but even as he laid a hand on the door, he couldn’t push himself to open it and to walk into the cold. He preferred sleeping in the car instead of getting out for thirty seconds to walk to the house.

Yunho sighed and opened Jaejoong’s side of the car. “Sometimes you act like a spoiled princess, you know.” He told the younger one but Jaejoong just smiled and held out his arms. He wouldn’t get cold if Yunho would hold him!

Yunho scooped him up in his arms and walked with ease (he worked out regularly) to the front door and he let Jaejoong press the bell.

Not three seconds later the door opened and it revealed a woman who looked like she was in her seventies. She was literally a splitting version of Anne, well obviously older but for a second Jaejoong really had thought that he was looking at the person they sought (but with a lot of make-up so it would make her old)!

She exclaimed something in Swedish (Jaejoong heard Yunho’s name) while getting out of the way so Yunho could step inside while Jaejoong was still in his arms. Then she asked a question and Yunho gave her a charming smile while answering.

Yunho’s grandmother smiled while Yunho set Jaejoong on the ground and after that she said to Jaejoong in English: “I’m Edith, it’s nice to meet you.” She gave him her hand and Jaejoong smiled and replied back: “I’m Jaejoong, it’s nice to meet you too.” He blushed a bit through his accent but Edith didn’t seem to mind.

An old man stepped into the hallway and Jaejoong knew that this was without a doubt Yunho’s grandfather. So once again, he held out his hand which the old man shook saying: “I’m Staffan, I’m Yunho’s granddad. It’s nice to meet you.” Jaejoong smiled and replied politely. He knew for sure that he was going to like it here with Yunho’s grandparents.


Finally I told you guys why they want Anne. The next question would be what kind of artifact it is... ideas anyone?

Oh yeah, If there are more languages than one in one 'part', then I will make a difference with for example italic or bold. But I will try to make it as clear as possible.

Next up: A little timeskip...

And I wanted to ask you guys a bit more personal question. I'm going on a holiday next week and my friends wanted to make a playlist with our favorite songs and they're letting me choose fifteen (Korean) songs~! But I don't know which one to choose... So maybe you guys can help me out for a bit! Please tell me your favorite songs... It could be one but I myself have a lot more so it doesn't matter how much. It's just that I need some help with choosing songs to let my friends see that Korean music isn't stupid!

Please remember to UPVOTE (thank you Chunnie12, YoonTaeRin and YaseiNoKo for already doing that), COMMENT and SUBSCRIBE!