Chapter Twenty-Two

The Good, the Bad, and the Ones in Love

Chapter Twenty-Two

Donghae sat in the living room, watching some TV-programs. He was bored but he had to wait till tonight when all the excitement would happen! He couldn’t wait to get outside and to smell fresh air!

“Donghae?” Donghae turned around when he heard his own name being called. His eyes widened twice their size when he saw that it was the mafia leader. “One of the soldiers found this in a house,” he held up a giant Nemo. With it size and the worn out look of the stuffed animal, Donghae knew that it was his own fish. He knew that he had a longing gaze at the fish but he was still very surprised when he heard Eunhyuk chuckle, “do you want it?” He asked.

Donghae nodded vigorously and jumped up to grab his favourite cuddly toy. Then without thinking, he hugged Eunhyuk to show how thankful he was. Eunhyuk stiffened at first but then he relaxed and patted the boy clumsily on his back.

“Thanks,” Donghae muttered in Eunhyuk’s shoulder and Eunhyuk’s heart had to be a Olympic gymnastics player by now because the summersault that it did was out of the world. He couldn’t even find words so he just nodded and hoped that Donghae would feel it.

They both pulled away but Eunhyuk kept holding Donghae and he searched for the right words…

“It’s just that I thought that you would need it. Because, well, I’m away tonight, so, then you won’t get lonely.” He managed to utter and Donghae nodded and wanted to answer back when Kyuhyun walked in the room.

“Donghae!” He said in an alarmed voice and with two big steps he stood next to the two and he jerked Donghae out of Eunhyuk’s hold and hugged him. “What do you think you’re doing with my best friend?!” He hissed to Eunhyuk.

The thought that Kyuhyun took Donghae away from him, made him furious, he didn’t even know why. Eunhyuk grabbed Kyuhyun by his collar and jerked him out of the embrace. “You think that you can lecture ME?” He yelled very intimidatingly to Kyuhyun who would’ve put his hands over his ears like Donghae did, if he wasn’t so busy trying to pry of Eunhyuk’s hands. “Yes because you’ll HURT HIM!” Kyuhyun fearlessly yelled back and Eunhyuk couldn’t hold himself back and let his fist collide with Kyuhyun’s eye.

“Stop it!” They heard a little voice say in tears. But both male’s didn’t care for that little voice anymore and Kyuhyun now let out his fist but Eunhyuk was much faster. They didn’t hear somebody running away nor did they hear someone coming into the room. The only thing they cared about now were their own ego’s. Eunhyuk ducked under Kyuhyun’s arm and hit Kyuhyun’s side with his elbow which made Kyuhyun double over…

“You are both idiots.” They heard a stern voice. They both turned around, expecting to see the loose lipped Sungmin but they both saw Ryeowook. “What?!” Eunhyuk growled and took two steps closer to Ryeowook but Ryeowook didn’t falter and said instead: “You both chased the fish away.” And that was when the two idiots looked around themselves. There wasn’t a Donghae in sight.

“Where did he go?” Kyuhyun demanded Ryeowook to tell but the older one just shrugged: “Into the arms of a nice chipmunk.” He said and then he turned around and left the room with the two troublemakers still inside it.

 

***

                                                                          

Kyuhyun sat on Sungmin’s bed, waiting for a certain fish and chipmunk to come. He held an cold cloth against his eye. It had turned blue and thick after a couple of hours and he cursed every time he pressed the cloth a bit too hard on his eye.

Kyuhyun just wanted to get out of this hell, he hated this house. The only thing that made it a bit bearable was Donghae, otherwise he would’ve turned crazy already because of that angry monkey and that (lustful) bunny.

Kyuhyun had been very surprised though very happy when Henry had told them that he had found a way out. He had chosen a very specific time to try to escape, though. If they weren’t on time the whole plan would fail. It depended on two things, the first thing was that tonight none of the people that were high up in the hierarchy were home because they had some raid they all had to go to. This was kind of special because most of the time either Siwon or Eunhyuk was home since they were the two leaders, this mafia couldn’t afford losing both of them.

The other reason why Henry had chosen this moment was that around this time there was always a change of guards by the main entrance, this meant that if they were very careful then they could slip away in the middle of the change of the guards.

The other doors were closed with changing codes but Henry had learned them by heart so that wouldn’t be a problem either.

Henry was also the only one who could help them escape without having to worry that he would lose his head in the process. He would most likely sent back to his own home which wouldn’t be so bad for him and he said that he could handle some punishment, so Kyuhyun and Donghae wouldn’t feel too guilty, since they could be sure that Henry wouldn’t be killed.

So now, Kyuhyun was waiting for the fish and the chipmunk to arrive so they could all escape…

The door opened and Kyuhyun turned around to see… Sungmin walking into the room. Kyuhyun opened his mouth to ask why the older one was here but he was too flabbergasted to say the words aloud.

“We’ve got to talk, Kyuhyun.” Sungmin said in a soft but serious voice.

“But why now? You have a raid to attend, haven’t you?” He was confused. Kyuhyun took the cloth of his eye so that he wouldn’t look so ridiculous in front of Sungmin.

He couldn’t believe that the older one had such a bad timing. Kyuhyun wanted to go home already, he was sick and tired of just sitting around. Sure, they had done some research of the dragon’s eye but that wasn’t enough to cure his boredom.

“Yes I have but talking to you is more important, Kyuhyun.” Sungmin said to him while trying to hide his blush.

Kyuhyun narrowed his eyes but nodded, he knew that he couldn’t do anything else but hoping that they’re conversation would be over soon, but something in him said to him that he wouldn’t be able to escape tonight.

 

***

 

“Are you ready?” Henry asked Donghae with a hushed voice and Donghae nodded while clenching the Nemo to his chest. “Okay, then let’s go.” Henry said to him and opened the first door that let to Sungmin’s quarters.

Henry didn’t do this exactly for himself. He would get in trouble when he had helped Donghae and Kyuhyun escape, he could be sure of that. Eunhyuk wouldn’t forgive him that easily and the bond between Eunhyuk and Hangeng would probably turn bad but he would risk it for his newfound friends. It wasn’t as if he didn’t see that both Kyuhyun and Donghae were getting more lifeless the longer they spend in the house. Henry vowed that he wasn’t the one who would let his friends go in such a manner, though he did understand Eunhyuk’s opinion on the fact that the boys couldn’t go back to society like that. There were still some enemies that wouldn’t mind having Anne’s son or his friend. Especially because those two had spent time close to Eunhyuk and his Capos. Donghae and Kyuhyun knew enough to be valuable… and that could bring them in danger. Luckily Kyuhyun was smart enough for the both of them to keep them safe, at least for a little while…

Henry stood still to type the code in that would lead to Sungmin’s chambers. The door shoved away and Henry and Donghae walked inside. Donghae had to suppress a nervous giggle. This was all so exciting and scary! “Shh!” Henry urged him and Donghae nodded.

“Well, look at who we have here!” Both Henry and Donghae jerked their heads to the person who spoke. The man was unrecognisable, he was entirely dressed in black and had a forage cap over his head. He held a gun pointed at the two boys and Donghae let out a whimper while holding Henry’s shirt. Not caring that he was older and that it would be more ‘logical’ for him to protect Henry. Henry pushed Donghae behind his back, knowing that it was important to protect him.

“Who are you?!” Henry demanded to know, Donghae involuntarily cringed because of the serious and dangerous voice that Henry used.

The man ignored Henry’s demand and ordered: “Give the boy with the fish to me.” Henry saw the man narrowing his eyes. Henry turned his head, halfway so that he could take a look at Donghae but that he would still be able to see the man before them. Donghae was already shivering and without a doubt reliving his abduction that happened earlier.

Henry turned back to the gunman and then slowly shook his head. “There is no way in hell that I will let you have him.” He hissed bravely to the man. He knew it was stupid, he didn’t have a gun, there was no one who could safe them but he wouldn’t betray his friend!

“Have it your way!” And faster than anyone would’ve expected it to happen… it happened.

‘BANG’ , Donghae saw Henry’s body shock. And now everything happened in slow-motion… As Henry looked down at his chest, Donghae grabbed Henry’s body because Henry couldn’t hold his own weight anymore. Blood spread quickly over his chest and Henry began gurgling and he spit out some blood. Donghae let the both of them sink on the floor while he held Henry’s body. Tears were running over his cheeks and he was constantly sobbing while his mouth tried to form words to convince Henry not to die.

Donghae didn’t notice that the gunman was walking  to them, obviously trying to abduct him. Donghae didn’t notice that Sungmin and Kyuhyun came out of a room behind the gunman. Donghae didn’t notice how his Nemo was already stained with Henry’s blood.

The only thing that Donghae noticed was Henry’s last words: “You and Kyu…hyun were my best… friends. Tell Hangeng… and Heechul that I love…” His eyes became glassy and Donghae screamed in shock! That was when everything became fast again.

Kyuhyun screamed Donghae’s and Henry’s name which made the gunman turn around to him and Sungmin. And before anyone could even react, Kyuhyun felt an enormous explosion in his arm. It was as if he heard the ‘BANG’ later. Kyuhyun grabbed his arm but he felt darkness swallow him whole and pain was the only feeling he remembered.

One last ‘BANG’ was heard before the whole bloodbath ended…

 


If you unsubscribe now, I won't feel rejected... because this wasn't at all what you guys expected, right? This wasn't at all what you guys wanted to happen, right? I did expect it... this wasn't just a whim or anything, I didn't really want it to happen though! I do have the feeling that none of you will unsubscribe, just because we have four new questions... who's the gunman, what happened to Henry, what happened to Kyuhyun and what happened with the last 'BANG' because that could go two ways to end it, either Sungmin was shot and Donghae could've taken along without further resistance or the gunman was should making Sungmin the winner who could immediately call for help! Oh, wait a minute, I noticed another question! Why did the gunman want Donghae?

I know that I updated this chap a bit later than usual but that's because this is the last chapter of this fic.... no, I'm joking but it will be the last for eight days. Remember that I was looking for songs? Well if you read well you would know that I was going on a holiday and I can't update abroad T.T

The reason why I did such a big cliffhanger is because I see this a bit as a soap/series... Updating every day is hard and makes some things go slower and other things faster, planning is much harder when you have to write around 1300 words a day. Don´t worry though, I know where the story is going. The question is: how long will it take? But that's a question for me. So anyways, I see this chap as the end of season 1, which gets a big cliffhanger naturally but also it represents the ending of the first part. And that means that were going a lot deeper in the next 'season' so yes, there will be more action and romance and there will be other characters to come.

So next up: I'm not going to tell you! (I'm serious about it... they never do that at the end of a season so no I won't say anything!) But if you guys SUBSCRIBE and UPVOTE well, I promise to make the first chap longer than normal! I don't have to ask if you guys will comment because you probably will because you want to tell me how evil I am for doing that to Henry and Kyuhyun!

SO PLEASE REMEMBER TO COMMENT, UPVOTE AND SUBSCRIBE~! IF YOU DO YOU'LL BE AWARDED