Chapter Forty-Five

The Good, the Bad, and the Ones in Love

Chapter Forty-Five

Everything happened at the same time. Daniel grabbed Anne by her arm and pulled her so quickly and with such a force behind him that she gave a loud squeak, Hangeng did something similar to Heechul except for the fact that Heechul hadn’t squeaked but cursed. Eunhyuk eyes narrowed and within no time he gave Yunho his little brother and gestured to stand behind them too.

“Why would you want to know?” Hangeng asked warily and Kato smiled amused while he averted his gaze to Eunhyuk who looked at him with a dark look. “Maybe you should ask your friend that…”

Everyone turned to Eunhyuk with an expectant gaze, though it was kind of anxious gaze too. They didn’t know but the feeling from insecurity came over them as they watched how Eunhyuk quickly looked at Donghae before answering with a piercing gaze at Kato:

“It was Sungmin who was the traitor…, he let Henry’s murderer inside and Donghae’s kidnappers.”

There were sudden gasps around him but Eunhyuk didn’t look around him, he didn’t want to see his friends hurt expressions. Knowing it was true was already hard enough.

Kato watched them with an satisfied smile but that changed when he saw Eunhyuk lifting his gun, who was quickly followed by Hangeng and Daniel.

“You guys really have a death wish, don’t you? Pointing your guns at me… ridiculous!” He yelled that last word out and from the corner of his eye, Eunhyuk saw Anne scooting a bit closer to Yunho and Donghae.

“Tell me, what kind of relationship does Sungmin have with you?!” Daniel ordered his former rival Kato smiled wickedly: “Don’t you see the resemblance? You were friends with my younger half-brother…”   

“Half-brother but the two of you…” Daniel started but Kato cut him off by saying: “Yes, we have an age difference of twenty years, but having already a grown-up son didn’t stop my father from banging his mistress.” He bitterly added and pieces seemed to connect as Eunhyuk uttered: “My mom’s sister…”

Kato scoffed and rolled with his eyes: “Yeah your mom and your mother’s sister the biggest s around. One banging Korea’s most wanted, the other Japan’s most wanted…”

“But enough chit-chat,” Kato grinned manically as the opposite side seemed to awake from their dazes. “Let’s hit it,” and he already raised his hand but there was one person who didn’t listen to him and he already fired a shot.

‘BANG’

Everyone saw Kato’s body shock, his eyes rolled back into their sockets as he began swaying back and forth before falling over on his stomach. Nobody knew if he was already dead or if he was badly wounded.

But it was effective as the crowd around Kato was lost. It was like killing the head of the snake, nothing would effectively work after that.

There was a moment of silence before another gunfight started again and Eunhyuk’s group quickly hid in a nearby room to take cover.

 

After five minutes they heard a jovial yell come from the hallway: “Hey boss, you can come out now, the carpet is red.”

Eunhyuk’s group came out of their hiding place. Eunhyuk inspected the damage and saw that just three of his men were dead while the enemies side had lost all men, well except for Kato who laid there heavily breathing because of the bullet in his back.

Eunhyuk slowly walked up to him and looked down at the man who was gurgling and trying his best to spit out the blood that he had in his mouth. Eunhyuk saw the light in Kato’s eyes slowly fading away. He was about to end the man’s life when Yunho suddenly blurted out:

“Wait!”

A bit incredible, Eunhyuk looked back at the man who was standing next to his mother while carrying his half-brother. Yunho looked determent as he walked up to his biological father and he looked down in the same pitiful manner as Eunhyuk had done and he crouched down by the male who looked him in the eyes.

“You,” Yunho began in a rude manner and Eunhyuk relaxed as soon as he heard that, for a minute, he had been afraid that Yunho wanted to help the man, “what have you done to Donghae…”

Everybody tensed again when Yunho asked that and almost all the eyes looked at Donghae who laid on his mother’s lap on the ground – Yunho had put him there before he walked to Kato. The boy was pale and obviously needed medical attention but nobody moved, they all waited for Kato’s answer.

It never came as Kato began to laugh, he began laughing so hard that blood was gushing more and more into his mouth, and not soon after that Kato began choking in his own blood. His eyes frantically moved to all sides as if he wanted to ask somebody for help but he didn’t see anyone. And you could consider it coincidence or not but his eyes stopped moving when he was looking at the only woman in the room.

Anne looked back, tears in her eyes because of Yunho’s question and she stared back at her ex-husband with hatred and a tiny, little bit of pity for a man who lived his whole life in such a horrible way.

Eunhyuk balled his fist and he kicked the death body in a fit. He was so angry but not only at Kato but also at himself for making Kato able to do his horrible deeds. He wanted to cry out in anger when he heard Kato laugh like that. It didn’t predict anything good, that was for sure, but they just had to wait until Donghae would wake up before they could figure out what happened.

“He can’t feel that anymore…” Heechul dryly commented but Eunhyuk ignored him as he walked to Anne and Donghae to lift the youngest up. Anne helped him and positioned her son’s head carefully on Eunhyuk’s shoulder before tears began running over her cheeks because of everything that happened. Daniel quickly hurried to her and embraced her with she wordlessly accepted. Then he lifted her up in his arms as she protested but when she realised that nobody listened to her protests, she stopped and let herself relax in Daniel’s arms.

“Hangeng, could you take Sungmin from the cell downstairs? He is the only one from who we could get any information from. The key is in my pocket.” Hangeng nodded before grabbing the key out of Eunhyuk’s pocket. He motioned to some of Yesung’s men to come along with him and he walked out of the hallway to the basement.

“And what are we going to do now?” Heechul asked as he watched Hangeng leave.

“We’re going home now, there has been enough bloodshed for today…”

 


I think that it questions are inevitable with such a difficult family tree (even I was becoming confused). Sungmin is Yunho's half-uncle and Eunhyuk's cousin. Try drawing the tree if it isn't clear enough but really were not done yet with family stories on Eunhyuk's side. Anyhow, surprised you a a bit, I think. Some of you already figured out that Sungmin had to have some relationship to Eunhyuk why would Eunhyuk trust him otherwise?

That quickly ended, didn't it.... I guess you guys don't mind since we have kyumin coming our way and some of you have been asking me about that too... Oh well, every little step makes us a bit closer to the ending, no? So let's just enjoy (?) the chapters we've left...

Next up: Back home... I guess, not really sure what would happen there. We could have a timeskip or something and we can see how Kyuhyun reacts. Either way it'll probably be fun for me and frustrating for you guys ;)

So, if you did understand the family tree and liked (?) it or something else, please let me know by subscribing, commenting or upvoting (like Emmiztar) ^^!

Oh and for the people who don't understand the family tree, don't be scared to ask me, I'll gladly try to help you...