Chapter Thirty-One

The Good, the Bad, and the Ones in Love

So before I hide, I just want to say that there is a hint (which you'll understand when you're done reading) in the author's note... Bye!


Chapter Thirty-One

Donghae woke up when he felt a hand over his mouth. His eyes snapped open and he looked into the eyes of a feline man. He blinked to get his vision clearer and  finally he recognised the eyes. Heechul…

He didn’t understand what was happening. Was Heechul so angry that he had run away that he wanted to demand a respectful introduction? Or…

Donghae began trashing his head so that he could breathe because Heechul’s hand reached over his nose.

“Get out of the bed.” Heechul hissed to him. Donghae closed his eyes and softly whimpered. When he opened them again he saw a flash of silver. When he looked better, he saw that it was a blade of knife. He began whimpering even louder and if Heechul’s hand hadn’t been over his mouth, Eunhyuk would’ve woken up.

As Heechul pulled Donghae out of the bed on his bicep, Eunhyuk began turning. He was a bit uncomfortable that his source of warmth left just like that but he slept through. Donghae watched him with sad eyes. He wanted to see the older one’s eyes, to hear the reassuring words again that he told him before, but he couldn’t, Heechul wouldn’t let him.

He felt the cold blade against his neck. His breathing was irregular and fast. Donghae didn’t know how he could get his breathing in a normal pace again. He couldn’t even break free! Heechul was older than him and also stronger. Despite his fragile appearance, Heechul’s ‘embrace’ was impossible to get out. His only way out was waking Eunhyuk but that seemed impossible if Heechul kept his hand over his mouth, though he had moved his hand a bit lower so that Donghae could breathe.

When Heechul dragged Donghae to the door to exit the room, Donghae began resisting. If he would be in the hallway, he would be alone with Heechul and his mind told him that that was not a good thing to do.

“Stop resisting!” Heechul hissed to him. “You should pay for what you did to Henry.”

Donghae’s eyes widened and then tears appeared in them. “I-I’m sorry…” He cried out when Heechul moved his hand away and Heechul scoffed but the both of them made so much noise that Eunhyuk woke up.

“Argh, what is this?” He held his up sleepily up as he laid on his stomach. He looked up and was confused when he saw Heechul. “Heechul? What are you doing here?” He groggily asked.

Tears appeared in Heechul’s eyes as he held Donghae in a headlock. “I’m carrying out justice,” he screamed, “he has to pay for pulling Henry in front of his bullet!”

Donghae was confused but he understood that he quickly had to  clear his own name: “Yes, it’s my fault that Henry died. But it was never my intention! I just wanted to go home and Henry helped me. The gunman wanted to take me but Henry refused to let me go and then the gunman shot him!” He quickly uttered and Heechul lowered his weapon slightly.

Donghae used the opportunity to slam the knife out of Heechul’s hand. This however made Heechul’s anger come back and he quickly turned around so he could force Donghae to open his mouth with one hand. “You’re lying! Eunhyuk’s shadow-walker told me that Henry was pulled in front of the bullet by this boy!”

With the other hand he grabbed a little bottle and held it above Donghae’s mouth when he heard Eunhyuk speak: “Donghae is speaking the truth! And I don’t have any shadow-walkers!”

Heechul turned his head and wanted to speak again when he heard coughing behind him. He turned around and quickly let Donghae go when he saw what was happening. When Heechul turned his head, he accidentally moved his hand a bit, causing the poison in the little bottle to fall completely into Donghae’s mouth.

Donghae grabbed his throat as he gasped for air. But nothing, not even a little bit would come into his lungs. It burned, it burned so much! Everything burnt, his throat, his chest, his lungs! Donghae felt cold hands on his body, they seemed slightly familiar but he couldn’t remember whose anymore. A single tear escaped his eye as he felt himself going limp through the lack of air.

Eunhyuk scrambled as quick as he could off the bed, past Heechul and he grabbed Donghae just a second before he fell limp in his arms. He quickly inspected him and said: “He can’t breathe!” Not a second after that he began screaming for Kibum. Somewhere in the back of his mind he noticed that there was someone crying in the corner of the room. His fear grew. He felt his heart getting colder even faster than Donghae’s body. This couldn’t be happening! Donghae had to open his eyes again, he had to see his smile again!

   Eunhyuk laid Donghae’s head a bit higher on his shoulder as he kept screaming and yelling for Kibum, his throat was getting soar when the door opened revealing Kibum, Siwon, Sungmin and Hangeng. Their eyes widened at the sight of Donghae. “He’s been poisoned!” Eunhyuk yelled.  

Kibum motioned Eunhyuk to lay Donghae on the bed and Siwon and Sungmin quickly walked to the other side of the bed. Hangeng ran to Heechul and scoped the crying feline up into his arms, calling him by sweet names to calm him down.

As Kibum laid down his head on Donghae’s chest, he asked: “Do you know which kind of poison?”

Heechul hiccupped and shook his head. “N-no.” He cried as he pressed himself to Hangeng who protectively put an armed around his shaking form.

Kibum slowly raised his head from Donghae’s chest. “Well?” Eunhyuk fearfully asked and Kibum’s face looked tortured as he slowly shook his head. “We are to late…” Kibum took a step back and Siwon was quick to pull him into his arms.

“W-what did you say?” Eunhyuk asked him incredulously and Sungmin was quick to hold him in his arms as he knew what the boy had begun to mean to Eunhyuk.

“His heartbeat and breathing have already stopped due the poison, there is nothing we can do anymore…” Kibum let silent tears fall off his cheeks as he hid in Siwon’s arms. “He has passed away.”

Eunhyuk felt his whole world shatter. This wasn’t happening! This couldn’t be happening! His Donghae couldn’t be…

He opened his mouth and the scream could be heard all over the house: “Donghaeee…!”

 


As promised, here a hint for the observent reader: check the tags above the chapter (yeah that should be it...). OH and before you guys are going to ask again, no, I can't bring people back from the death! 

Up next: Kyuhyun hears the news... (I can feel the tears coming)

Thank you upvoter: iprom15e! Thank you new subscribers and commenters!

Please remember to comment, subscribe and upvote~! Thank you...