Chapter Thirty

The Good, the Bad, and the Ones in Love

Chapter Thirty

“Kyu said that I didn’t introduce myself properly in front of Heechul and Hangeng.” Donghae confessed to the mafia leader as they were getting ready to go to bed.

“Well, it’s wasn’t really respectful and I introduced you, so I guess he was right.” Eunhyuk pulled a wife beater over his head.

Donghae let his head hang low like some kind of guilty puppy and Eunhyuk felt the immediate need to comfort him so he reassured the boy: “I doesn’t matter that much, Hangeng and Heechul aren’t the most proper people that exist either. Hell, they aren’t proper at all!” But that wasn’t enough for the boy and there were already tears in the boys eyes so he quickly consoled him with the thought that he could apologize tomorrow. He sighed out when he saw Donghae’s face becoming happy  again. He hadn’t even known that he was holding his breath. That boy was beginning to make him a person that he didn’t recognise, he was changing him because the ‘old’ Eunhyuk never would’ve consoled his captive but now Eunhyuk only knew that it felt right.

“Why did you ran away?” He inquired, the question had been in his mind for a little longer already.

“I don’t know how I should act around them…,” Donghae admitted but he stopped talking midway. “Why not?” Eunhyuk immediately asked, well patience had never been one of his virtues.

“I-… It’s still my fault that Henry died.” Tears appeared again and Eunhyuk regretted asking the boy for his reason.

“It’s not your fault. It’s the gunman’s fault, it’s the fault of the person that ordered the gunman and it’s my fault for not protecting him well but it is in no way your fault!”

Donghae began to vigorously shake his head: “It isn’t your fault either!” He reassured the older one and Eunhyuk gave him a soft smile while he climbed in the bed.

“Thanks…” He said as he watched Donghae climb in the bed.  

Eunhyuk pulled Donghae in his arms and closed his eyes. “Just sleep, Donghae.” He ordered the younger and closed his eyes. He was completely unaware of his uncharacteristically movement and within minutes he was asleep.

Donghae felt his worries being washed away by the long day he had and the sweet hug from Eunhyuk. He didn’t put a lot of thought into Eunhyuk’s motives but somewhere in his mind lingered the question: What was their relationship?

 

***

 

“Sit down, sit down…” Daniel urged them as if it was his own house. Yunho didn’t make a move but Jaejoong pulled him towards the couch so they could both sit on it.

Daniel looked with an expected gaze at Yesung. Yesung narrowed his eyes even more but sat down anyway.

“Aren’t you scared that he tries anything?” Jaejoong asked Daniel about Yesung but Daniel just shook his head: “No, he knows that my men are here too, just as he knows that I won’t do anything because his men are somewhere too.”

Yesung didn’t react and Daniel turned to Yunho: “Why are you here?”

“As if you don’t know.” Yesung scoffed and Daniel lifted is eyebrows up.

“Mom’s gone,” Yunho explained.

“WHAT?!” Daniel stood up, his calm demeanour was gone and Yesung actually laughed a bit amused: “So you really didn’t know.”

“What happened?” Daniel asked and Yunho wanted to open his mouth to retort but Yesung was faster.

His laughter was gone as he explained: “Eunhyuk helped Hangeng look for it since it was stolen, they figured that you had stolen it since you wanted it. Anne was the most easy way to get to you or maybe she even knew where it was. So Eunhyuk figured that he would pay her a visit. After being there for five minutes he was shot by someone and we immediately retreated.”

Yesung kept quiet and Yunho felt like it was his turn to talk: “Mom had ordered me to take Donghae to her bedroom as soon as she saw Eunhyuk. We heard a fight and suddenly a loud bang. Donghae wouldn’t let me go and we heard a second bang after that. I went into the room and saw that there had been a fight and two puddles with blood but my mother was gone.” Yunho kept his head down and Jaejoong grabbed his hand to give him some comfort. Daniel’s face was unreadable and he didn’t say a thing.

“I’ve checked out the scene,” Yesung continued, “ Indeed there was a struggle in the dining room and I’ve found two puddles with blood. One belonging to Eunhyuk the other to Anne. I found gunpowder at the scene and I’ve found gunpowder by the puddle of blood belonging to Anne; she was shot from point blank.”

“She was obviously abducted. Someone who wanted her death, would’ve killed her the same way as they tried to kill Eunhyuk. Anne and the abductors obviously struggled because they wouldn’t take her along. She didn’t make any sound however because if she screamed she would’ve made you and Hae come into the room while she was trying to protect you two. When she wouldn’t come along, they shot her so she was easier to take along. They probably moved her by putting her in a bag so she wouldn’t ‘leak’ blood and so that they wouldn’t be really suspicious.”

Yunho and Jaejoong’s mouth stood up while Yesung only smirked: “My thoughts exactly.”

Daniel was quiet for a moment. He seemed to think about everything that he had heard. “Excuse me?” Everyone turned to the little voice in the room, Jaejoong was clearly nervous to ask something but he still did: “What is that ‘it’ where you’re talking about?”

Everyone was quiet for a moment when Daniel answered: “The dragon’s eye.”

“The dragon’s eye?” Jaejoong repeated and Yunho was also looking with interested eyes at the males.

“It’s a gold artefact,” Yesung answered, “it’s an about fifteen by fifteen centimetres, gold pyramid.”

“Wait, they kidnapped my mom because they want a piece of gold?”

“It’s not just a piece of gold,” Daniel explained, “it’s an golden box. In it are papers in which is explained how you can make a nuclear weapon. The papers are word millions, the blueprints of nuclear weapons are kept secret by the government, so secret in fact that almost no one knows how to make them. Imagine what kind of power a mafia group would have if they possessed such blueprints!”

“That would be horrible!” Jaejoong put his hand in front of his mouth to hide a bit of his shock. Yunho however frowned as he looked at Yesung: “You said that your mafia friend had that in his possession, did he use it?”

Yesung shook his head: “No, he couldn’t. Nobody knows how to open the box but that doesn’t mean that they don’t want to try it.”

 


Well that was a fairly long wait to know what the dragon's eye is. 15 chapters to be exact, did you notice that the boys had found something with their last searchresult in chap 16? If you look at a pyramid from above, the sides make an Y shape, so yeah little hint there that didn't help you guys at all ;).

I'm aware that the chapters are a bit short, but that mostly means that they're important. This chapter is of course important because of the explanation about how Anne was abducted (but that was already pretty clear wasn't it?) and the dragon's eye explanation. The next chapter will be important too for the entire story (can you guess about what?).

Next up: something none of you will like (really, I'm speaking the truth)

Please remember to subscribe, upvote and to comment! (Did you notice that I'm often changing the order?)