Chapter Fifty-Six

The Good, the Bad, and the Ones in Love

Chapter Fifty-Six

“Donghae? Donghae?!”

Kyuhyun became rigid when he heard Eunhyuk’s voice through the hallway. He quickly gazed at Anne who sat there as if there was nothing wrong. They both kept quiet as Eunhyuk walked in with Hangeng and Daniel. Heechul, who had been playing with his phone, quickly bounced off the couch right into Hangeng’s arms. Daniel gave Anne a kiss on her cheek and sat down next to her on the couch.

Eunhyuk just stood there, he noticed Kyuhyun’s nervous glances but didn’t say anything about it.

It became quiet in the room again as Eunhyuk stared at Anne who was not too shy to stare back with the same kind of piercing gaze. It was Eunhyuk who broke the pregnant silence by asking: “Where is Donghae…”

Anne took another moment of silence before answering: “I send him away.” The shock on Eunhyuk’s face was lost on no one and neither was Daniel’s  jump of the couch as he yelled out (as if he was Eunhyuk’s voice): “What?”

Anne sighed and repeated: “I’ve send him away.”

“I know that,” Daniel grumbled, “but why?”

“Then ask your question better,” Anne snapped to him and then answered: “Because he wasn’t safe here anymore.”

“That’s bull, how can he not be safer here? It’s a freaking mafia base.” Eunhyuk cursed and Anne’s face contorted in distaste because of the cursing: “Don’t fool yourself, boy,” she stood up and made herself more intimidating because she was taller than Eunhyuk, “the whole world knew that he was here and a mafia family easily found a way in here. Not even once but twice. And you claim that it was safe here?”

Eunhyuk now looked at the ground in guilt. Anne felt a twinge of guilt because of that and she walked over to him and took him in his arms. A surprising act for everyone in the room, even when Eunhyuk had changed these days because of Donghae, he still could be that terrifying leader that he always had been. But Eunhyuk didn’t push her away, nor did he return the hug, he just stayed the same way as he was before.

“Don’t feel to responsible for it, Hyukjae. I would not have left Hae here even if it was his father’s base…” She tried to console him but was suddenly pushed hard in belly which almost made her fall. And that was when Heechul had enough of it.

“Be careful, you idiot.” He yelled out and dashed forward to make sure that the only woman in the room was okay but Eunhyuk didn’t let him speak as he roared out: “I have enough of people who are undermining me. We’re going to do things my way again and who doesn’t want that can get a bullet.” His eyes were so cold that Anne had the impression that they would never show any fire of passion again. Eunhyuk looked at every person in the room and stopped at Anne her figure as he looked her in the eyes while dangerously low whispering: “It doesn’t matter who you are…”

 

As Eunhyuk stomped out of the room, Hangeng followed him because he didn’t want Eunhyuk to kill the first soldier that bumped into him.

Anne sat down on the couch with Heechul’s help - he didn’t want to let her go. He rubbed her back as she slowly breathed in and out.

“What was that about?” Daniel asked while raising his eyebrows at the two of them. He and Kyuhyun came closer to the couch. But as Anne wanted to answer, Jaejoong and Yunho came inside. Then she just shook her head as an answer while grabbing Heechul’s hand hard as if she wanted to prevent him from saying something. Yunho took the liberty to ask a question because of that silence: “Why was Eunhyuk looking like he could murder someone?” The question was asked as if it was a joke but there was as serious undertone in it.

“Because your mother send Donghae away.” Daniel dryly answered and Yunho’s eyes widened twice the size as Jaejoong couldn’t find words and settled with: “Ehh?”

“And I want the two of you out of here too. I just need to find a place.” Anne softly commented.

Yunho immediately began protesting: “No, mom! I want to stay here! It’s safe with you guys, isn’t it?” He tried to look around for some support but the people around him were too busy with their own thoughts.

Anne shook her head so Jaejoong asked: “Is there no way to let us stay here and to let Donghae come back?” He grabbed Yunho’s hand and held it tightly as he waited for her verdict. He really hoped that there was a way because if he was honest, he only felt safe in Eunhyuk’s base.

Anne sighed and looked at the people in the room that were hoping for her to give a positive answer: “I’ll only let you stay and I’ll only tell you where Donghae is, if someone brings me dragon’s eye.”

At that answer, Daniel turned around and left the room to search for Eunhyuk.

 

***

 

Donghae’s mouth was open as he stared at his new home. Sungmin was lifting out the bags together with the taxi driver. He still couldn’t believe that he was in Thailand, let alone in Bangkok, he was excited but at the same time a bit sad because even if he didn’t particularly hated it here, he would rather be back in Seoul.

“Do you like it?” Sungmin asked him and Donghae looked at his right where the older one was standing while looking at the house.

“It’s beautiful. Have you been here before?” He inquired to make a bit of small-talk since he and Sungmin had been a bit awkward after the end of Sungmin’s story.

Sungmin shook his head: “No, this is all your mother’s connections and you’re right, it looks beautiful.”

Sungmin took his suitcase in his hand and walked to the front door and pressed the bell. Donghae also dragged his luggage along with him to the front door and nervously waited for someone to open the door. He hoped that they were nice so that it would not become an ever bigger punishment to live without Eunhyuk.

The door was opened and revealed a sandy hair coloured male with a dimple smile. “Ah, you must be Donghae and Sungmin. Come in, I was expecting you already.” Donghae nodded brightly and walked inside after Sungmin.

They came into a huge white hall and the man told them to put their luggage down and led them to a certain room.

“You can sit down here.” The man gestured at the bar and Sungmin and Donghae both obediently sat down.

Suddenly the male slapped himself against his front head: “Oh stupid me, I totally forgot to introduce myself. My name is Park Jungsoo but my nickname is Leeteuk or Teukie, it’s nice to meet you.”

Sungmin politely nodded while Donghae answered: “It’s nice to meet you too.” After which Leeteuk inquired if the two of them had already eaten. When they both answered negatively, Leeteuk began immediately preparing something for them. They made a conversation about the hot weather of Thailand when another man burst into the room.

“I’m getting so tired from them, tired, I tell you!” Leeteuk, Sungmin and Donghae looked surprised at the male but before any of them could say something, five other people came into the room while being in a heated conversation about something.   

“What is this all about, Kangin?” Leeteuk asked the bulky male that apparently went with the name Kangin.

“It was terrible! I was working in my office when I got a call that Taemin had gotten into trouble. And since I thought that he was pure, I decided that it could be worth my time to drop by. But when I got there, they all sat there. So I ask what the hell is going on and that stupid principal tells me that they’ve gotten into a fight, again!”

Leeteuk eyed the five sternly but they all gave him angelic faces. Donghae exchanged a quick look with Sungmin before looking at the five again.

“And how do you think that it makes me look? All my adoptive children got in a fight!” Kangin slumped down on the chair next to Donghae. He didn’t even recognise the two guest that were also sitting on the bar.

Leeteuk averted his attention to the five male’s in the room who were still trying to look as innocent as possible. “So what happened?” Leeteuk asked them and they all began talking at once and only stopped when Leeteuk ordered him too. Then Leeteuk pointed at the smallest one of the group: “Taemin, tell me what happened.”

“Well, it was around lunchtime and I was trying to walk to our lunch table when Anun made me trip. So, I became angry and punched him in the face.” Taemin looked a bit guilty but another one of the boys immediately corrected him by saying: “You’ve got to tell the whole story, Taemin.” And then he turned to Leeteuk: “They were constantly picking on him, not only Anun but others too. And the principal did nothing, only when Taemin reacted he was punished! So because he did nothing, we did!” He put his hands in his side and challenged Leeteuk to say something about it. But Leeteuk just sighed: “Just promise me that you don’t make too much a mess of things, Key,” Key nodded happily an exchanged some happy glances with the people next to him.

“Minho?” A tall and lean boy smiled and nodded, “Jonghyun?”  The shortest boy gave a characteristic grin, “Jinki?” The last boy nodded too.

Leeteuk now smiled too. “Okay, now that’s solved. I want you to meet Sungmin and Donghae.” He gestured at them and while Sungmin just nodded, Donghae shyly waved.

“Oh, isn’t he the one who needs to be protected?” Jonghyun insensitively asked and Key gave him a stomp on his shoulder. But Donghae’s eyes widened, maybe Jonghyun was right. Maybe the problem was that he was too depended and if he could protect himself, he could go back!

His eyes began to gleam and without further thinking about it, he grabbed Taemin’s arm and asked: “Could you help me to learn how to defend myself?” He asked and Jinki began laughing: “You shouldn’t ask that to someone who just tried it himself, today.”

“Jinki…” Leeteuk shook his head at the boy and Jinki quickly showed Donghae a grin: “Sure, we’ll help you.”

Donghae smiled, happy that he at least had found a possible way to get home.

 


Big chapter for the end of season two... with many questions unanswered >:) Such as Siwon... Anne's pregnancy (?)... And The-One-Who-Asked-Kyuhyun-To-Wait (Feels a bit like you-know-who :P)

Next up: Big timeskip!

If you're becoming frustrated but you still like it, please let me know by commenting, subscribing or upvoting ^^!