Chapter Forty-Eight

The Good, the Bad, and the Ones in Love

Chapter Forty-Eight

“I- I don’t know.” Was the honest answer that Donghae gave Eunhyuk. The latter looked like he was hit with a ton of bricks. He looked broken and Donghae immediately felt the need to explain himself further:

“I don’t know. At first I was scared of you but now I’m not. At first I didn’t like you but now I do. At first I didn’t feel anything around you and now I do. It’s just that I don’t know what it makes us, even when I do know how I feel about you now.”

Eunhyuk stayed quiet for a minute to let everything sink in for a bit while Donghae was fidgeting with his fingers, trying to control the nervousness.

“I’m going to try something,” Eunhyuk carefully said while helping Donghae to sit up, “I’ll do something and when you like it, I know what we’ll be. And if you don’t like it, then I also know what we’ll be.” Eunhyuk said while intertwining his fingers with Donghae’s.

Donghae was confused but despite all of that, he nodded and locked his gaze with Eunhyuk. As Eunhyuk slowly came closer to Donghae’s face, Donghae felt his heart thump in his chest. It was like it was a bird that wanted to get free and the only way he knew to get free was to go thumping against his ribcage.

The little bird in his chest went berserk when Eunhyuk pressed his plump lips against his own thin ones. They carefully brushed each other as if they were too scared to do something wrong. Donghae loved the caring and soothing feel that it gave him. He felt so safe and loved that he wanted more of it and he pressed his lips harder against Eunhyuk’s in an attempt to fulfil the need but Eunhyuk pulled back. Donghae looked at him, more confused than ever but Eunhyuk ignored it as he asked:

“Did you like it?” It was an easy and utterly simple question and Donghae’s mouth almost fell open when he heard Eunhyuk ask that. Didn’t he feel that same ‘thing’ between them? Or was it just him…

Insecurities began to build themselves up in his mind. Maybe he was still dirty from those men? Maybe his lips were tainted. Maybe that was why Eunhyuk had to ask him to hide his own feelings because deep in his mind he had found Donghae dirty. Eunhyuk had pulled away earlier after all.

It felt like there was a dark cloud that hung over Donghae, making his thought go darker and darker to a depressive state. Black thoughts were now overshadowing the great feeling that he had earlier. A feeling of loneliness and disgust.

Donghae climbed out of bed without answering Eunhyuk’s question, leaving the mafia leader behind with insecurities. Hadn’t he liked it? Was he not enough for Donghae? But why hadn’t he pulled away then?

But Donghae was still weak from the ordeals he had been through earlier and he wobbled on his feet. And despite all his insecurities, Eunhyuk climbed out of the bed and quickly got a hold of Donghae by embracing him from behind.

“I liked it,” he confessed, “I loved it. I love kissing you, I love embracing you but above all, I love you.” He held on for dear life as he closed his eyes and waited for the impact of Donghae’s answer. It was more nerve-wracking than everything he did before, and that said much if you were a mafia leader.

“Y-you love me?” Donghae stuttered as he turned around in Eunhyuk’s embrace. He couldn’t really believe what he heard. The black clouds were chased away by Eunhyuk’s confession, Donghae felt his heart warm and the feeling was even greater than when Eunhyuk kissed him.

Eunhyuk could only nod, his feelings were laid bare and Donghae could trample them if he wanted to. It was a kind of vulnerability that Eunhyuk had never experienced before and it would break him if he would be punished for showing it.

Donghae stared at his face. “Open your eyes,” he whispered to the older one and Eunhyuk slowly did as asked. His legs were feeling like jelly and if some of his men would’ve seen him like this, they would’ve denied that that nervous man was their leader.

They looked at each other. Stared into each other’s soul.

Then Donghae hugged Eunhyuk back. He had seen the honest eyes of the man, he knew that Eunhyuk would take care of him. “I- I think I love you too.” He then whispered and he felt Eunhyuk’s hold falter for a bit. It clearly surprised him but the surprise was soon overcome by great happiness as he lifted Donghae up in his arms and turned around with him in happiness before he softly lowered him a bit so that Donghae’s lips could collide with his own.

They shared a needy kiss. Their lips were pressed hard on each other as if they wanted to make them melt together, to make sure that they would never let go.

Eunhyuk broke their kiss of reluctantly and carried Donghae to the bed before lowering him on it and climbing on it himself. He positioned them in the same position as before but somehow it seemed much more intimate than before.

Donghae curled up against Eunhyuk as Eunhyuk embraced the younger in a sweet kind of manner. Every five minutes Eunhyuk pecked Donghae’s front head sweetly as they both slowly fell asleep, feeling more complete than ever.

 

***

 

Anne opened the door to the hallway from the infirmary when she heard someone call her name. Behind her came a big group running to her. Daniel, who was the head of the group, stopped in front of her while panting hard. The others, Yunho, Jaejoong, Kyuhyun, Siwon, Yesung and Ryeowook, were out of breath too.

“What is it?” She asked as she calmly walked into the infirmary and greeted a surprised Kibum who was standing in front of Donghae’s door. He was clearly about to walk in. Daniel was the only one who wasn’t shocked by her calm demeanour as she almost always reacted that way when she was about to hear something shocking.

“We can’t find Eunhyuk anywhere.” He said to her, his breath becoming normal again.

“Have you already tried Donghae’s room?” She asked him as if it was business and Daniel shook his head.

Anne just turned around and looked at Kibum who smiled and opened the door. They all walked inside and saw a situation that could be called either cute or absolutely unacceptable, it depended who you asked.

“WHAT IS THIS?” Daniel growled, waking up two confused persons.

Kyuhyun snickered as he answered Daniel: “This is part of growing up.”

 


Could you call this end a cliffhanger or not? I guess you can, huh? Anyways, sweet Eunhae is still the best! I decided to make things go as everyone hoped that it would go and I guess that surprised you guys because I hardly ever do that :)

Next up: Reactions on Eunhae's relationship...

So if you liked this eunhae stuff (duh...) then I would be very delighted if you let me know by commenting, subscribing or upvoting (like CanadianSuju and yhnna8 ^^)