Communication is the Key

CAN I BE YOUR SOMEONE?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 63 Communication is the Key

 

Flashback

 

"By the way, Sooyeon, don't forget our dinner with the Lees. You too, Soojung, you'll be coming with us." Mr. Jung said with authoritative voice as he stopped at the news channel.

 

"But dad, I told you, I have a boyfriend already."

 

"So? You still haven't introduced him to me so it doesn't change things. The both of you are going with me whether you like it or not."

 

Just when the two young ladies complain they heard the door clicked signalling that there’s someone coming in.

 

“Ladies, I’m here to cook your dinner.”

 

Everybody in the apartment heard a lady’s voice and looked at her direction. Jessica and Krystal looked surprised when they saw Mrs. Kwon, slipping off her shoes with a bag of fresh ingredients from the market.

 

Just when Mrs. Jung looked up wondering why there’s no one answering her, she saw two unfamiliar faces on the living room sitting with Krystal. The two older Jungs were also wondering who could this beautiful lady could be.

 

Jessica hurriedly went to Mrs. Kwon’s side to help her with the basket. She also leads her to the living room to introduced her. Before she could open , the news on the television caught everyone’s attention.

 

“NEW KOREAN CELEBRITY COUPLE ALERT! Model Lee Donghae spotted having a date with model-actress Jessica Jung. In addition, Korea’s heartthrob Kwon Yuri spotted waiting on a luxury hotel lobby that was later on seen with a beautiful lady inside a jewelry shop.”

 

 

Present

 

 

The whole room was filled with deafening silence. First, an older woman whom the older Jungs are unfamiliar just came in with basket of fresh ingredients and the stranger seems to be close to their daughters. Second, the news that they just saw. Jessica's mind flew to another dimension and her soul just left er body. She can't believe what she just saw and heard. Yes, Jessica was in the mall and she coincidentally met Donghae when she was looking for her gift to Yuri but to say that they were having a date was to much. This was pure misunderstanding as Jessica thought. Now, not only she needs to explain to Yuri and her family, but she also needs to explain this to Mrs. Kwon who was just beside her when the news broke. Let's not forget that Yuri was reported to have seen with a beautiful lady in a jewellery shop. Jessica is trying to convince herself that maybe it was just a friend and was accompanying her to buy her accessories. 

 

"Yes, that's right Sooyeon. Yuri met his friend to buy her own accessories. She must be busy to meet Yuri on her free time since Yuri's coming back tomorrow. Right, she's just a friend. A friend. Friend." This was what has been running into Jessica's mind repeatedly that she did not hear Krystal calling her until Mrs. Kwon nudged her.

 

Jessica went back to her senses and faced Mrs. Kwon as she shook her head trying to tell the older woman that everything they heard was just pure rumour without basis.

 

Mrs. Kwon smiled at her trying to tell her that don't worry. 

 

"Honey, why don't you introduce your visitor. I know we are all surprised unfamiliar faces in this household." Mrs. Jung told her youngest daughter as she tries to break the awkwardness in the room.

 

"Ah dae. Kwon eomma, I want you to meet our parents. They just came from the US. Daddy, mommy, meet Kwon eomma. She's the mother of eonnie's boyfriend and she was taking good care of both me and eonnie." Krystal formally introduced both parties and she knows that her parents do not have any idea who is her eonnie's boyfriend so she make sure to add some compliments to Mrs. Kwon.

 

Mrs. Kwon walked closer to the couple, bowed and smiled at them. "Annyeong haseyeo. I'm Kwon Bo-ah. You call just call me Boa. It's a pleasure to finally meet the parents of these two beautiful ladies. Now, I know where they got their looks. I guess it runs in the family."

 

"Of course, they got from there beloved handsome father. By the way, it's nice meeting you too Boa. I'm James Jung Yunho. You can call me either in my English or Korean name, whatever you find comfortable with." Yunho smiled proudly at Mrs. Kwon as he thought of having blessed genes resulting to having beautiful daughters.

 

"Yah, James Jung Yunho! Can't you just stop being so full of yourself? You're not just embarrassing yourself, you're also embarrassing me and your daughters especially Sooyeon in front of her boyfriend's mother. Sometimes I'm not sure if I married the right guy." Mrs. Jung glared at her husband as she pinched his ear.

 

 

"I am deeply apologetic of my husband's behaviour. I was not prepared that he will act up like an confident monkey. Anyway, I am Bae Su Ji also known as Suzy Kwon, the wife of this ugly monkey and mother of my gorgeous princesses. I swear this is not what I imagined of meeting you in person, Boa. It was nice seeing you again but this monkey had to ruined everything."

 

"Honey, please stop it. It hurts and you're embarrassing me in front of our princesses." Mr. Jung was pleading to his wife with his hands clasped together.

 

 

Krystal had enough of her parents antics and decided to stopped her mom already. Her dad sent him a thankful smile as his ear was now freed to his wife's wrath.

 

"You're still a kid Yunho. I never really thought how you end up with Jiji. Now, why not you both go upstairs, take a nap as I prepare our dinner. I believe we have a serious matter to discuss this evening. Hmmm." Krystal playfully pulled her parents and guide them to their room. Jessica has just witnessed the friendly atmosphere between her parents and Kwon eomma. Sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter