Anniversary

Seonsaengnim
Please log in to read the full chapter

Amber’s P.O.V.

 

Jessica and I were lying on her bed our arms wrapped tightly around each other, both of us lost in our own thoughts. When I had finally gotten Luna to calm down a little she explained to me that the school had lost their funding and that they could no longer continue to keep me there. I had one more month left at the school, after that my contract and visa would be up. If I didn’t find another job in that time I would have to go back to America. With funding running out all over the place finding another job in such a short amount of time seemed impossible.

 

 I finally explained what happened to Jessica and it broke my heart all over again to see her so upset. We’d spent the rest of the day in a somber funk and as soon as school was over we went back to her apartment and went straight to her bed snuggling up in each other’s arms. It was as if we silently agreed to soak up as much of each other as we could before I had to leave. I ran my hands up and down her back before placing a light kiss over her heart. She pulled my face up and kissed my lips gently, smiling sadly at me as she did so. I leaned up further placing soft kisses all over her face trying my best to alleviate some of the sadness.

 

Jessica sighed against me her hands sliding up my back and rubbing small circles at the base of my back. “Amber…” She called to me and I stopped my kisses looking at her. “Amber, I…” I saw fresh tears starting to well up in her eyes and I frowned sadly at that.

 

“Baby… please don’t…I…please…” I pleaded sadly to her, I hated to see her cry. She nodded at me trying to suppress her tears. “Jessica… I… I” I stopped myself, my brain screamed the words out but I was scared. Scared to say the words to her:  I love you Jessica Jung, I love you so much I don’t know what I’m going to do if I have to leave. I couldn’t say the words yet, I didn’t know if she was ready to hear them. I sighed and leaned down placing a gentle kiss on her lips, pulling away and watching her eyes. I wanted to show her, to let her know how I felt without actually saying the words. She smiled at me nodding in response.

 

“I know baby. I…” She trailed off and I nodded not wanting her to feel forced to say anything she wasn’t ready to say. I kissed her forehead and as I was about to pull away she grabbed the sides of my face kissing my chin before whispering into my flesh.

 

 “I love you Amber.” I laid still for a moment, not yet believing my own ears. I slowly pulled away from her and looked into her eyes. She was nervous as she looked up at me but she seemed to steel herself as she placed a gentle kiss on my lips. “I love you.”

 

She repeated the words and I knew that I wasn’t imagining things. My shocked expression quickly changed to a wide dorky grin and she rolled her eyes at that. I chuckled at her response before kissing her back. My heart leapt in my chest, I knew that it was bittersweet, but right now all I could focus on was the fact that Jessica Jung, my beautiful princess, said she loved me too. I was too happy for words. 

 

“I love you too Jessica.” Neither of us could wipe the smiles off of our faces as we continued to kiss each other. Finally Jessica pulled back and my cheek a little bit before speaking up. “Say it again….” I smiled at her.

 

“I love you Princess. I’m going to find a way baby… I promise... I’ll find a way to stay here with you. Nothing is taking you away from me.” Jessica nodded at me, wanting to believe the words I was saying. I think she did for a moment, hell I did for a moment. So high on the euphoric feeling of loving each other we easily ignored adversity.

 

“I love you too baby. So much, I… if… we’ll be together okay? Even if… no matter what.” I nodded at her, understanding her words. She was preparing herself for the more realistic outcome of our situation. The fact that I might have to leave and be away from her. I smiled and kissed her deeply, her tongue coming out to battle mine. I felt her

Please log in to read the full chapter