Well... that escalated quickly...

Seonsaengnim
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jessica’s P.O.V.

 

A few days had passed since my argument with Amber and I had been on edge since then. Everyone noticed but no one said anything scared of me turning my ice glare on them. The only one who I had spoken to about the issue was Tiffany, but I was even short with her. I couldn’t help it, I was hurt and the one who hurt me was nowhere to be found. I knew I was being irrational, I knew that Amber had made a mistake, I knew I overreacted but the thought of someone else kissing her hurt me more than I could have ever imagined. I needed time, I needed to remember why I liked this girl, and I needed to decide whether I liked her enough to put my heart on the line for her. This fight had proven what I was already scared of, I had fallen for Amber, hard, and if I wasn’t careful she could really break my heart.

 

Amber had taken the past two days off due to her head injury and when she walked into the classroom today my heart skipped a beat. I scowled angry at my own reaction to the girl. I had to let her go. I spent most of the classes that I had with Amber sitting on the other side of the room, trying not to pay attention to her. The students noticed my icy aura and didn’t get out of line, making it easier for me not to say a word in the classes. It was at the end of each class that was the hardest. Amber had tried at the end of each class to talk to me. I brushed her off without looking at her, telling her that I was busy and hurriedly walked out of the classroom. It hurt me to do it but I couldn’t give in, I just couldn’t. We had finally reached the last class of the day and Amber again came up to me at the end of class.

“Jessica I really need to tal-“ I cut her off, raising a hand to dismiss her as I grabbed my things.

“I’m busy Amber.” I was about to turn and leave the classroom when she grabbed my wrist and pulled me back into the classroom harshly.

“Stop!” I froze, her tight grip and the fierce roar of her voice shook me for a moment. She lightened her grip but my heart was still racing. “Look… I know you’re avoiding me, because of Monday and I-“ Oh so that’s what this is about. I smirked, chuckling humorlessly to myself before looking up at her concerned eyes.

“Amber… look I’m sorry for snapping at you on Monday okay? I was just embarrassed, I usually don’t cry in front of people but… we… we’re good, okay?” She furrowed her eyebrows at me shaking her head.

“That’s not what I meant.” I kept looking up at her, noticing fear coming up in the back of her sad eyes. “… I meant… Monday night…” At this a gasp escaped my lips before I could hold it in. But I steeled myself quickly changing my expression to cold.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” I kept my tone flat as I directed my blank expression at her. She seemed nervous at my change in demeanor but moved closer to me anyway.

“I think… you do…” I shook my head raising an eyebrow at her.

“I really don’t. And if you don’t mind I have

Please log in to read the full chapter