Fly Fishing

Seonsaengnim
Please log in to read the full chapter

Amber’s P.O.V.

 

I shifted around in my seat uncomfortably, grabbing a pen in my right hand and doodling something on the blank page in front of me. It’s not that I didn’t want to pay attention, but everyone was speaking too quickly and I really never understood what was going on during these teacher’s meetings. I was seated in the back next to Jessica and I couldn’t help but steal sideways glances at her every once in a while. After this past weekend we had been on talking terms again, though we were still very nervous around one another.

 

We texted each other playfully but when we were around each other it was a different story, all our anxiousness piled up and we could barely look at one another without smiling stupidly, blushing and looking away.  I knew that Jessica still felt guilty for smacking me and yelling at me the way she did, but I couldn’t bring myself to talk to her about it. Honestly I didn’t harbor any hard feelings towards the older girl, I was just happy that we were able to start again. I was also an incredible coward and I didn’t know how to just move past this holding pattern we’d found ourselves in.

 

I felt something nudge my knee and I looked towards Jessica to see her looking straight forward as if paying attention to the announcements being made by the vice principle. I frowned at that, maybe she had nudged me by accident. I shrugged and looked away, feeling her nudge my knee again. I frowned again looking at Jessica again and noticing her trying not to grin. I smiled and reached my hand down to her leg and pinched her thigh. She bit her lip and I knew she wanted to yell at me but she just settled for shooting me a scowl and reaching down to rub her thigh. I chuckled softly to myself and reached for her hand under the table, gently wrapping my hand around hers. She stilled her hand and intertwined her fingers with mine causing a smile to jump to my lips. I looked at her and she kept looking ahead a light blush on her cheeks and a grin on her lips.

 

I tried again to pay attention to the meeting going on around me, only catching a few words that I understood here and there. A few moments later a folded note flew into my line of vision. I quickly opened the note and read it smiling like an idiot to myself as I did.

 

“You’re cute when you’re confused. :)” I grabbed my pen with my left hand not wanting to let go of Jessica’s hand under the table and quickly scribbled a note in response.

 

“I’m not confused, I’m just pensive…. And maybe a little confused… haha. What’re they talking about anyway?” I pushed the note towards Jessica and watched out of the corner of my eye as she read it and wrote back pushing the paper back towards me.

 

“I don’t know something about a school festival, I’m not really paying attention someone is distracting me. They keep looking at me, as if I don’t notice them.” I blushed at that and picked up my pen.

 

“Well… to be fair you’re probably distracting that person too… I mean it’s not their fault you’re so beautiful.” I pushed the paper back to her and watched as a light blush crept up her cheeks and she scribbled a response.

 

“…Well either way they should restrain themselves, it’s very hard to concentrate when someone so hot is staring at you. And then she has the nerve to hold my hand, can you believe it? Now I have no chance in paying attention… how inconsiderate is that?” I bit my lip to keep from chuckling at that and squeezed her hand lightly as I scribbled a response.

 

“That is pretty inconsiderate. She sounds like a jerk, you should do something about that.”

 

“You know you’re right, I should do something about it. What do you think I should do?”

 

“Well isn’t it obvious? You should punish her for being so distracting.”

 

“Oh yeah? How do you propose I do that?”

 

“Fight fire with fire, distract her more than she’s distracting you, that’ll teach her to be such a jerk.”

 

“You’re right, okay here I go. Wish me luck.” I was about to scribble a response when I felt Jessica lean over and quickly kiss my cheek then look forward as if nothing happened. I blushed deeply at that and looked around the classroom, noticing that no one was paying attention to us. After a few moments I felt her squeeze my hand lightly and I shook myself out of my daze, scribbling a note in return.

 

“That was just cruel. I think my face is permanently pink…”

 

“Hahaha… Sorry, but you had to be punished.”

 

“This is true… though I don’t really mind being punished by you.”

 

“Oh yeah? Maybe I’ll punish you some more later… ;)”

 

“… yep, pink, forever… Is blushing hazardous to your health?”

 

“Chronic blushing is deadly actually…

Please log in to read the full chapter