All apologies

Seonsaengnim
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jessica’s P.O.V.

 

I smiled as Amber shuffled closer to me in the lunch room. Sunny had slid in on the other end of the lunch table and everyone squeezed a little closer to make room for her. I definitely didn’t mind as I felt Amber’s bouncing thigh make contact with mine. She turned to me smiling at me at the contact and I smiled back reaching down and squeezing her thigh in my hand. At that Amber stopped bouncing her leg and shot me an apologetic look. I just smiled in return patting her leg before moving my hand. Tiffany cleared from across the table and I shifted my attention towards her. She was smirking at me and I just rolled my eyes at her, the grin never leaving my lips as I did.

 

“So Amber, what’re you doing over the weekend?” Amber looked at Tiffany smiling brightly before shrugging.

 

“I don’t know. Probably just hang out with Key or something, why? What’re you up to?”  Tiffany blushed at that nudging Taeyeon a little.

 

“I promised Taeyeon a um… romantic weekend.” Taeyeon wiggled her eyebrows at that and Amber chuckled reaching over and giving Taeyeon a high five.

 

“Hyung, you make many y time?” Taeyeon nodded happily and I gasped slapping Amber’s arm.

 

“Amber!” Amber just shrugged in response still smirking at Taeyeon who just proudly wrapped her arm around Tiffany’s shoulders. Tiffany blushed and quietly started eating her food. I laughed at the embarrassed look on my friend’s face.  “Look you made Tiffany all embarrassed.” At this Amber frowned and turned to look at Tiffany.

 

“Sorry Tiffany… I was just kidding…” She genuinely looked apologetic and Tiffany just smiled at her waving her hand in dismissal.

 

“It’s okay, I haven’t dated this one for this many years without being embarrassed by her erseness once in a while.” At this Taeyeon just smiled even wider as if proud of being called a ert. I laughed shaking my head at the other girl.

 

“Hey, you plus Jessica, y time soon too, okay?” At this Amber’s eyes widened and she blushed deeply. I groaned, damn it Taeyeon. To be truthful since the weekend at the lake Amber and I hadn’t done anything but hold each other’s hands and give each other light pecks on the cheeks. It had already been a week since then and I couldn’t bring myself to take it any further than that. I still felt guilty over the way I had overreacted to Amber’s date with Suzy.  I know Amber was scared as well which only made me feel even more guilty. I hoped she wasn’t worried that I’d react that way again, but I didn’t know how to bring up the topic with her. I really wanted to apologize and move on but I’d never been really good with talking things out, so I hoped in time Amber would understand that I was sorry through my actions.

 

As a result of both of our being nervous around one another we kept our interactions pretty G rated. We flirted with each other lightly in school and over the phone, touching each other just a little more than was necessary whenever we were close to one another. The passing hugs and light touches making my heart beat quicker each time. It was sweet and slow, and despite my guilt, I was enjoying it. I cast a sideways glance at the other girl and smiled as she tried to sputter a response.

 

“I… no… we… um… Jess… uh…” Tiffany giggled and smacked Taeyeon’s arm.

 

“Yah! Taeyeon! You’re going to kill the poor girl, look at how red she is!” Taeyeon just grinned and patted Amber’s hand gently.

 

“It okay, Hyung many love you anyway. You make y time with Jessica face when ready, okay?” Amber just nodded dumbly at this and I giggled reaching down to her leg and squeezing it gently. Amber turned to look at me and I smiled gently at her, she smiled back seeming to relax a little bit. Amber quickly grabbed my hand in hers under the table and I smiled as she over my palm with her fingers. I was about to say something when I saw someone bounce over to us out of the corner of my eye. I turned to see a grinning Seohyun staring at Amber and I.

 

“Seonsaegnim!” All of the people at the table turned to look at the younger girl, she laughed in response, waving her hands at the other teachers at the table. “Mianhamnida! Um… Amber Teacher!” At this everyone else went back to eating while Amber nodded at the younger girl.

 

“What’s up?” Seohyun smiled brightly at Amber and gestured to a table full of her friends.

 

“Teacher, you say, you practice me Englishee.” Amber chuckled at that nodding. All the girls at the table Seohyun pointed at giggled and waved at Amber happily. I smiled trying not to laugh at the eager expressions on the group of 14 year old girls faces. “Teacher, you come, practice Englishee, now okay?” Amber nodded in response squeezing my hand lightly before getting up and following a happy Seohyun over to the other table. I smiled watching as she happily interacted with the students while she ate.

 

After lunch the rest of the day went by in a rush and I unfortunately didn’t get many chances to interact with Amber. She kept getting pulled away by different people, it made me happy to see that she had so many friends at the school, but I still wanted to spend time with her. I frowned as I flopped down on my sofa. Now I had to spend the whole weekend without my stupid llama faced prince. I was about to start wallowing when I heard my phone go off. I opened it up and smiled at the message on the screen.

 

“Dorkber: Princess! I didn’t get to spend time with you all day! I has a sad.

수연: It’s not my fault you were accosted by 14 year old girls. Like em young do ya?
Dorkber: Hahaha, no! … You do tho… ;)

수연: Hahaha… you know it baby! Young and virile.

Dorkber: Oh so naughty Miss. Jung. You’re corrupting my young innocent mind.

수연: You know you like it!

Dorkber: Of course I do you dirty old lady.” I let out a loud guffaw at that. Ever since we had found out that there was a four year between Amber and I we had relentlessly teased one another about it.

 

“수연: Hey! That’s no way to talk to your elders! Show some respect kid!

Dorkber: Bahahaha, okay. Mianhamnida Unnie…

수연: Ugh… gross don’t call me that, it reminds me of Krys.

Dorkber: Noona?

수연: Hahahaha! Yep that works!

수연: ….

Dorkber: What?

수연: I’m bored…

Dorkber: :-o! Are you trying to say I’m boring?!

수연: Yep… what’re you gonna do about it?

Dorkber: *shrug* What do you want me to do about it? ;)

수연: Come over.” I bit my lip sending the message quickly and blowing out a breath that I didn’t realize I was holding.

 

“Dorkber: Seriously?

수연: … well… yeah… we could… I don’t know watch a movie or something… unless you’re busy…” I fiddled with my phone nervously as I waited for Amber’s response.

 

“Dorkber: No… I’m not… I’ll be right over… :)” I smiled giggling at the message in relief before I shot up from the sofa and ran to my room. I quickly stripped out of my work clothes and grabbed some stuff from my closet running to the bathroom. I jumped into the shower quickly and was about to start washing when I heard my phone go off. I groaned realizing that I had left it in the living room in my rush.

 

I walked out of the bathroom without bothering to put on a towel. Krystal had already left for the weekend, she was spending her weekend at her best friend Sulli’s house and since I didn’t have to worry about her freaking out at me I didn’t mind walking around like this. I grabbed my phone and rushed back to the bathroom before reading the message.

 

“Dorkber: Hey… do you want me to pick up anything? Food?” I bit my lip at this… if I made her go get stuff I would have more time to get ready. I nodded to myself making a decision and quickly writing a response.

 

“수연: Oh yeah that would be great! We don’t really hav

Please log in to read the full chapter