The other Jung

Seonsaengnim
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jessica’s P.O.V.

“Okay now everyone pair up for the activities, remember only two people to a group.” I watched as Sunny bounced over to Taeyeon grabbing her hand and pulling her towards the starting line. Taeyeon and Sunny always paired up for things like this, because when it came to physical competitions like the one legged race it was just easier to do with someone who wasn’t towering above you. I giggled as Tiffany stuck her tongue out at Taeyeon, I looked between Tiffany and Krystal, I was about to offer to sit out so that they could team up when Krystal just walked away from us. I frowned when I saw her walking off and to a very confused looking Amber.  

I sighed looking at Amber, it had been almost a full week since the incident in the classroom and to be honest I had almost instantly regretted slapping her. I had let my emotions take over and I didn’t think at all about how much it must’ve taken her to put herself on the line. When I had gone back to the classroom to apologize I saw her and Suzy together. To be truthful I was angry for a second before I felt guilt wash over me. Amber had rejected the other girl and still there she was comforting Amber when she was upset. And me? What did I do when Amber basically confessed to me? I threw it back in her face, I sighed shaking my head at the memory. Maybe… maybe I was just too messed up. Maybe it would be better for Amber without me.

“Hey!” I looked up at the sound of my sister’s voice. She had shoved Amber’s shoulder and the older girl scowled at her. “Be my partner Oppa.” Oppa? Amber also seemed genuinely surprised by Krystal’s statement and was about to respond when Krystal shot her a glare, Amber’s mouth snapped shut and she just nodded her head in agreement. I raised an eyebrow at that, shooting Krystal a look to which she just smirked and waved at me. I had made my sister come with me to the teachers retreat because let’s face it, she was 18 in her first year of college, if I left her alone in the apartment for the weekend and she didn’t throw a wild party I’d be concerned for her health. So instead of being forced to murder my sister after her throwing said party I took her with me to the retreat. What I didn’t expect was for her to go right for Amber, I suppose I should’ve known that she’d try and mess with me a little bit. I sighed as I looked at my sister questioningly. What are you up to Krystal...?

“Okay, now that you’ve all teamed up we’ll start. First thing we’re going to do is a piggy back race!” We all groaned at Vice Principal Lee’s statement and she just glared at us causing everyone to simultaneously shut up, that old lady was seriously scary. Tiffany and I decided that I would be the one on her back since I was smaller than her. As I climbed onto my best friends back I looked back over at my sister and laughed as Amber just stared at her blankly.

“Wait what? Why are you-ow ow ow!” Krystal had grabbed Amber’s ear and twisted it until the other girl kneeled down in front of her.  “Okay, Jesus!” Amber grumbled and rubbed her ear as Krystal climbed on her back happily. Amber stood up and joined the rest of us at the starting line still scowling.

“We better win Oppa!” Amber rolled her eyes mumbling to herself and Krystal looked over to me giving me a thumbs up. “Me and Oppa are going to kick your butts Unnie!” Tiffany laughed and reached over to pat Amber’s back sympathetically.

“Sorry Amber, I should’ve warned you about the other Jung!” Amber frowned cutely at this.

“Jung?” At this Krystal smacked Amber’s shoulder.

“Yah! Stop talking with the enemy! We’re here to win!” Amber was about to say something when a loud bang was heard signaling the start of the race. To my surprise Amber was incredibly athletic and she easily bounded ahead of the other racers. Krystal was laughing happily gripping onto Amb

Please log in to read the full chapter