The language of... bros?

Seonsaengnim
Please log in to read the full chapter

Amber's P.O.V.


I sat in Taeyeons office fidgeting around as Taeyeon inspected me. She smacked my arm lightly before speaking, "Yah! You not move!"

 I nodded sheepishly and stilled my motions. To be honest I was still a little flustered after my interaction with Jessica. She'd never touched me that much ever. I had gotten the distinct impression from her that she didn’t like being touchy feely. I hadn’t really spoken to her much since I’d been working here, but the more time I spent with her the more I felt like she wasn’t as cold as everyone thought, just more weary of people, more cautious around them.

She did little things, things that other people didn’t notice, that maybe they weren’t looking for as much as I was, but they showed that she cared. She’d always fix Tiffany’s coffee before she got her own, she’d gently correct Luna when she made a mistake in English instead of teasing her like some of the others did. She’d wait until everyone was seated before she started eating her lunch, she’d always slide a fork toward me during lunch time, knowing that I still had a hard time using chopsticks.

Plus there was how she acted with the students, she was tough, but she hugged them openly, smiled at them, comforted them when they were upset, laughed with them, and she was the most unguarded the few minutes between classes when she interacted with the students. I thought about the gentle way that she had treated me during class today and smiled, maybe I should get hurt more often. My train of thought was broken when I felt Taeyeon poke the bump on my head and mumble something to herself in Korean at my hiss of pain. "This, hurt much yes?" I nodded.

"Yes. Many pain. Dizzy much." She nodded, making a note on her clipboard. Taeyeon and I had become closer ever since we discovered our common love of video games, but since she didn’t know much English and I didn’t know much Korean we had to resort to speaking to each other in simple broken phrases. To be honest I didn’t mind so much because it was helping me with my Korean, and whether Taeyeon realized it or not her English was improving as well. Taeyeon took her penlight and shined it in my eye shaking me out of my thoughts.

"You eye look wall okay?" I nodded and she repeated the process with my other eye before leaning back. "Okay, you math solve riddle, okay?" I nodded again. "Okay, 5 is um... plus... to... 9, answer yes?"  I thought for a moment not remembering how to respond in Korean.

"Um... 23?" Taeyeon frowned at this and was about to say something before I interrupted her in English. "Fourteen." She frowned again.


"Pour team?" She mumbled something to herself in Korean, before addressing me again. "I not know English well, speak answer Korean, okay?" I frowned before nodding.

"Um... one." I held up one finger, before continuing "then four." I held up four fingers on my other hand and Taeyeon smiled and nodded.

"Okay, good, wow, fantastic baby."  I chuckled at her response while she made another note on her clipboard. She stood up putting the clipboard down and touched her finger to her nose then looked

Please log in to read the full chapter