The other girl...

Seonsaengnim
Please log in to read the full chapter

Suzy’s P.O.V.

 

I was happily skipping to Amber’s classroom to check on her head injury when I heard a muffled sob coming from the slightly cracked door. I frowned to myself wondering if Amber had accidentally hurt herself again. I quickly entered the classroom, prepared to deal with anything except what I saw. Amber was sitting on the floor leaning against the wall her knees pulled up to her chest and her head buried in her hands. I could hear sniffing coming from her. I frowned and edged closer to her slowly not wanting to frighten the girl. “A-Amber?” She looked up at me and tried wiping her face quickly as if that would make a difference, as if I wouldn’t know that she was just crying. I frowned when I saw her tear stained face. She was always so happy, this sad dejected girl wasn’t the Amber I was used to. I crotched down next to the girl resting my hand on her back softly before speaking, “Amber… are you.. are you hurt?” She shook her head, obviously trying not to let anymore tears out. “I… I’m worried about you… what’s wrong?” She turned her face away from me and I saw the tears drifting down her cheeks as she angrily rubbed them away. I sighed grabbing her and pulling her towards me hugging her tightly. She stiffened in response but I just rubbed her back gently trying to make her relax in my embrace. After a few moments Amber’s sniffs died down and I pulled away from her slightly and using my sleeve to wipe the remaining tears off her cheeks. “Are you okay?” She nodded at that smiling weakly at me.

“I… yeah… thanks.” I nodded not completely convinced but not wanting to force the issue. I sat down next to her and waited a couple of moments. When Amber was staring off into space I reached my right hand over quickly poking her in the stomach before pulling my hand back and looking around the classroom as if nothing had happened. I watched from the corner of my eye as Amber turned her head towards me with a frown on her face before shaking her head and looking away again. After a couple moments I reached over and poked her again, this time Amber turned completely towards me. “Did you just poke me?”

“Hmm?” I turned to her lazily at her question, pretending I hadn’t heard her. “I’m sorry what?”

“I… you poked me.” I shook my head in response.

“Nope, sorry. You’ve got the wrong guy.” I turned away and had to hold back my giggle as I heard Amber huff and turn back. I waited a couple of seconds and then kicked her shoe with my own. Amber turned to me again.

“Now you’re kicking me?”

“My foot slipped.” I

Please log in to read the full chapter