The One That Got Away

THE EDGE OF REVENGE (1-37 END) / OOPS YOU DIALED THE WRONG NUMBER (38-xx)

 

READY FOR ANOTHER TEARS????

 

 

 

CHAPTER 29

 

 

 

       Couldn’t stand it anymore, Taeyeon grabbed the remote and turned off the television. She looked so damn pale and this time Yuri really had no idea what to do.

       “It’s really terrible,” Taeyeon murmured. “Now she must be thought that I was the one who did it… And… eottokeee…,” Taeyeon gasped. “What if her father got this news as well??? Yul…. Once in my life I indeed ever wanted it happened… but no… why when I had already compromised with myself, all those bad things happened… Eottokeee, Yul… And now, even Fanny got the impact… The career she built during this time… would it just end up like this??? I really couldn’t stand it anymore, Yul…”

       “Y-you… don’t blame yourself, Tae…. It’s really out of your control… You didn’t want it happen… and you couldn’t do…”

       Suddenly Taeyeon rose from the couch and Yuri caught a weird sight into her eyes.

       “No. It ain’t over,” Taeyeon said.

       “W-what are you going to do?”

       “Rehabilitate her name. It’s the last thing I could do for her, Yul.”

       “I’ll go to Choi Entertainment!” she quickly said and before Yuri had already recovered from all those sudden scenes, Taeyeon had already gone and disappeared from her sight.

 

 

 

 

       As Taeyeon predicted, at the car park in front of Choi Entertainment, bunch of people had already summoned. For adding some horror, mostly brought and lifted some banner containing harsh words toward Tiffany. Taeyeon really couldn’t bear it anymore.

       Once after she touched the place, she hustled over the people and stood in front of them, just in time when Tiffany already popped from inside the building. Tiffany seemed didn’t expect the situation at all.

       Before both of Tiffany and Taeyeon saw it coming, some people, mostly (presumably) parents had already yelled toward them resentfully.

       “My children really like you and you know what happened to her after finding all those gross things???? She felt very disappointed and got shock!! You really “know” how to show your gratitude to your fans!!!!”

       The other chimed in. “Yeah! My boy is a big fans and when he questioned me about the issue, what should I say to him???? How could you do kind of shame thing like it???”

       Tiffany seemed miserably shock with the scene she’d never expected in her life. Embarrassing, shocking, humiliating, hurt, tangled together.      

       “I need your attention!” Taeyeon abruptly exclaimed, suddenly making the crowd hushed as they’re really curious to know what she’s about to spill out.

       “My name is Kim Taeyeon and I’m Tiffany’s assistant, the one who once accused to have some affair with her!” she stated firmly.

       Tiffany gasped again, was about to stop her, but Taeyeon didn’t even look at her again.

       “I’d make it clear to you all so you won’t get wrong anymore!” she continued.

       “All of those things you’ve heard were not right! It’s me, the one who’s in charge behind all those riots! I took the full responsibility behind it. It’s me, who had crush with her. It’s me who had the idea to plan the relationship, to pump her career. It’s me who crazy about her, and using the reason, I took advantage from it. Tiffany never knew my feeling toward her. She’s innocent and she’s into guy. It’s me, who is such a failure. It’s me who is the disgusting one… Don’t you put the blame on her anymore… She really had no idea about this at all… She is innocent and absolutely not into me…”

       One of the mass suddenly threw a bottle to release the disappointment and anger toward them.

       The bottle hit her head hard and bumped to the ground, breaking into pieces. Taeyeon shrieked in pain.

       “WHAT A DISGUSTING MANAGER!!!”

       Tiffany gasped and felt hurt seeing Taeyeon holding the pain. She knew no matter how much tears she caused for her, she’d never be able to forget her. She knew despite of the pain she experienced, there’s still a part inside her heart which will always missing Taeyeon…

       “T-tae…,” she murmured and was about to reach her, but Taeyeon pretended not hearing her.

       When the crowd were about to release their anger toward Taeyeon as they already got the knowledge that Tiffany’s innocent, suddenly some policeman came and disperse them. Some of them still persisted as their anger hadn’t already ebbed. At that time, when Tiffany was about to approach Taeyeon, Siwon just emerged.

       “Come on, Tiff… You have to escape. This people are dangerous,” he said gently and reached dumbfounded Tiffany.

       Tiffany was about to persist, but at that time, Taeyeon just quietly looked at her, as if giving her blessing and entrusting Tiffany to him. Siwon tugged her again and half dragged her, but still with gentle handling, taking her away from the place. For the last time, their eyes met again. Both of them could see the flame of love still dawned inside their eyes.

       Before Siwon vanished from her sight, suddenly Taeyeon yelled.

       “Siwon,” she called out his name, for the first time without any anger and jealousy.

       Both of Tiffany and Siwon tilted their head, jolting in surprise.

       “Can I entrust Tiffany to you?” she asked again, struggling hard to sound wholeheartedly.

       Dumbfounded for a moment, finally Siwon nodded his head.

       “Sure,” he said. “I’ll take a good care for her,” he added and turned back again. His hand wrapped around Tiffany’s waist. Taeyeon witnessed all of the scenes from behind. At that time she knew, her heart had never been as hurt as this time.

     

 

       Not long afterward, still in the middle of chaos, Yuri suddenly came and hastily dragged her.

       “What were you doing here, Tae?” she asked in worry tone and once she caught the tore forehead, she gasped in shock.

       “Oh my God… your forehead…”

       “Gwaencahana… It’s nothing comparing with what I’ve done to her… Even if I had to die to redeem it, I’d do it wholeheartedly…”

       “Don’t be stupid, Kim Taeyeon,” Yuri shook her shoulder in disbelief, as if wanting to give back her soberness.

       “Why you admit something you even hadn’t did??? Why you have to let people put all the blame on you???”

       “I’ll do anything to rehabilitate her name, Yul… Only by this way I could save her career… Moreover… I had already caused so much pain toward her… It’s really nothing… After all this time, everything just would be okay for her…”

       Yuri shook her head and squinted her eyes shut discovering how sincere her bestfriend love toward Tiffany. Ah… if only the world wasn’t be that mean to them…

       Before Yuri had any chance to speak up again, suddenly a nasal voice heard from behind.

       “Seo…,” Jessica didn’t continue her words as she caught the one who already hurt her bestfriend was standing in front of her. For the first time, she threw a hateful glare toward her. Taeyeon knew she really deserved to get it.

       “Mian…,” Taeyeon already piped up but she didn’t even have any chance to finish her words.

PLAK!!!

       Jessica slapped her hard, making her head tilted. Yuri startled by sudden action and couldn’t say anything for a moment.

       “Sica…  what…,” finally she could manage herself again. But Taeyeon quickly cut off her sentences. It’s enough. Enough for all. She couldn’t let Yuri plead her as she knew it would make Yuri and Jessica bicker afterward. No. She had caused so much trouble and pain toward many people surrounded her. It’s time to end everything.

       “Yul… I deserved it,” Taeyeon said.

       “Of course you did!” Jessica rose her pitch, with her resentful glaring at her. If she hold a knife, probably she couldn’t help it again, but already stabbed her. Taeyeon knew well how Jessica loved Tiffany as her sister.

       “Sica… Sica… please don’t make a scene,” Yuri held her arm, tried to calm her down.

       “Tae… Let’s come to my house… Your head have to be…”

       “No,” Taeyeon quickly refused. “I’m okay. I’m just fine…”

       “But…,” Yuri was about to argue again, but Jessica impatiently chimed in.

       “Seobang, you’ve already heard what she said!” she exclaimed.

       “I want to leave this place now!” she added again and hastily turned back, making Yuri felt like so dilemmatic.

       “Tae…,” Yuri was still standing in the place, while Jessica seemed stopped at the track, like in purpose so that Yuri caught up her.

       “Don’t be stupid, Yul. Go get her!” Taeyeon quickly said.

       “But you…”

       “I will not die by only this wound!” Taeyeon forced a smile and pushed Yuri’s back to approach Jessica.

       Halfheartedly, Yuri finally did what Taeyeon said.

       “Hei,” she tilted her head again while holding Jessica’s hand. “Take care, please!” she said worriedly.

      “I’ll,” Taeyeon struggled hard to plaster a convincing smile and this time, it worked.

 

 

       After all of the chaos scene, Taeyeon wandered aimlessly, playing with her own thought, thinking about everything, wondering if she never did those stupid things… Imagining now their relationship still was fine… Tiffany leaning her head on her lap as usual… She dropped a kiss on her forehead… They laughed along… Sealing it with another kiss on lips… And hugging each other during they’re sleeping…

       Until finally Taeyeon reached the park. The park she used to get when she needed “me time”. The park once she visited when for the first time she had a row with Tiffany. The park where Tiffany finally found her when she’s lying unconsciously and brought her back home again. Cogitating all of those bittersweet scenes really agitated her heart a lot…

       Taeyeon found a bench, once she ever sat down. She sat there, enjoying the afternoon sky for some moment. Tonight, even the sky seemed so gloom, like there’s no hope for tomorrow. The sky was plain, not punctuated even with a single star like usual. Taeyeon smiled pathetically discovering all those scenes.

(If this is the punishment for causing so much pain for the people I loved… I think it’s fair enough for me…)

 

       Suddenly, Taeyeon felt her mobile-phone vibrated, hence yanked her from the reverie. She frowned for a moment noticing she didn’t recognize the number; however she still picked it up.

       “Yoboseyo…,” she greeted without any spirit.

       “Yoboseyo… Taeyeon Ssi imnikka?” there’s a familiar man voice was heard, but Taeyeon still had no idea about him.

       “Ne… Nugu simnikka?”

       “You won’t be familiar with my name,” the man said. “But I need to meet you…”

       “For what?”

       “Helping you… Can you tell me where I can meet you, Taeyeon Ssi?”

       “What if you tell me your business first?” Taeyeon asked curiously.

       (…)

 

 

 

       Taeyeon still couldn’t believe… God never really left her… She stared at the stuff on her grip for a moment in disbelief… The whole truth she already got just giving her a glimpse of hope…

       Dubiously for some moment, finally she dialed Tiffany’s number, was about tell her the knowledge she’d already got…

       It’s like a glimmer in the dark… If only… Yeah, why there’s always there if only?

       There’s one long connection tone, end up in voicemail box. Taeyeon shook her head in desperate and just tried again.

       As she still focused in touching Tiffany, she never saw it coming.

       Suddenly she felt stinging on her back, directly spread all over her body. Before she could recognize anything, the second sting was already been received again. She fell down hard, colliding with the ground.

      With all of her rest of power, she rolled around to see what was happened.

       At that time she could see the grass had already been flooded by some red viscous liquid, that she just suddenly realized that it was her own blood. Crumpling with the pain, she struggled hard to keep her eyes open to figure out who had already stabbed her back.

       Unfortunately her blurry eyes couldn’t tell her anything.

       At the next moment she felt her breath became hard.

       “Give me that thing!!!” the man yelled and suddenly she felt could decipher everything.

       Taeyeon didn’t give any response, triggering the stabber to do more.

       But all the things on her mind was just still how to be touch with Tiffany. The rest, she didn’t care.

      At that time suddenly she knew as well, probably what Yoona said today would become true.

      Smiling pathetically, when finally the call reached to voicemail again, she pressed number as had been instructed and recorded her voice.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

       Jessica quickly took the glass from Tiffany and put it aside.

       “It’s enough. I won’t let yourself getting drunk!” she said.

       “Ahhhh… please, Sica…,” Tiffany pleaded, her voice was terribly hoarse.

       “No,” she stated firmly. “Drinking would never solve your problem.”

       Strangely Tiffany let out a loud laughter as if Jessica had already told her something funny.

       “You know what?” she said with her red face. “Nobody will be able to solve my problem! Because it’s me… the fool Tiffany who already dag my own grave by falling in love with Kim Taeyeon! Funny, wasn’t it?” She laughed again.

       “And you know the best news, Sica?” she asked again. Jessica frowned.

       “Siwon… that man just proposed me! Isn’t it great?? Why you didn’t give me congrats?? He is going to marry a fool! So he’s more fool than me, rite? Hahahaha…”

       Jessica shook her head discovering Tiffany had already messed with her own remarks.

       “You’re already drunk.”

       Tiffany quickly denied.

       “No,” she said with a calm tone. “I just took a shot. I told you in sober state, Sica. I’m not drunk,” she assured and at that time Jessica knew that Tiffany’s right. Though she knew Taeyeon had already hurt her, somehow, deep inside her heart she still wanted Tiffany weren’t be apart with her…

       “Fanny~aaa… I think your cell-phone kept buzzing…,” suddenly Jessica said, as she saw Tiffany seemed didn’t pay attention with the call.

       Tiffany laughed again after glancing at her mobile phone.

       “It’s my Tae Tae!” she laughed.

       “Are you… gonna answer her?” Jessica asked confusingly.

       “Dunno… What if I spin out some time so that she felt slightly nervous, huh? Whadaya think?” she asked again, making Jessica almost going crazy as well. Tiffany was really getting shock with all of those bad things happened, she thought.

       “Ah… it ain’t funny, rite?” finally Tiffany stated again and grabbed her mobile-phone, was about to pick it up, in time when the phone suddenly stopped ringing.

       “Oooops… it’s not your luck, Kim Taeyeon,” she giggled witnessing it, making Jessica worried even more.

       “Let’s see if my little girl left some message. You wanna hear it as well, Sica?” She asked and without waiting her answer, she’d already pressed loudspeaker button.

       There’s sound like something heavy colliding with something… like something stumbling on the ground.

       The next sound heard was like a shrieking… And suddenly Tiffany’s heart just like stop beating as she recognized the voice… It’s her… It’s Taeyeon who’s shrieking in pain…

       “Give me that thing!” Tiffany was able to overhear a horrorstruck voice yelled.

       But instead of answering the man, she could catch Taeyeon talk to her.

       “Fanny~aaa… I think I’m lucky still have a chance to talk to you…”

       There’s a short pause again and Tiffany heard something she would never dare to imagine before… Some sound like another stabbing…

       “Ugh…,” she could hear Taeyeon murmured.

       “Mianhae… I think my time is already over… Mianhae.. Ugh…”

       “You know that people welcoming death would never tell a lie rite…”

       “Where’s the thing, ???!!!” the man emotional voice was heard again…. Followed by another unclear voice that Tiffany had to believe that it was… just another stab again…

       Jessica was shock visualizing the scene, so she also couldn’t do anything that time…

       “So will you believe me, Tiffany… If I say… I really love you… a lot? I’m sorry for the tears I made…”

       “I’ve been such a fool, Fanny~aaa…,” her tone seemed so peaceful. “And even I die as a fool…”

       “If I had another chance to see you again… in another life… I promise you… I will make you stay... and together we'd against the world..."

       “Gomawo… Ughhh… Saranghae, Tiffany…,” Taeyeon seemed struggled hard to make the sentence, punctuated with unsteady breath…

      “I don’t expect you’d forgive me, Fanny~aaa… But do my last favor please?? Don’t cry for me… I want to see you smile… Smile for me, please?”

       The last request just sealed the one way conversation.

       With that, the connection just lost. The message just ended.

 

 

All these money can't buy me a time machine, noCan't replace you with a million rings, noI should've told you what you meant to me, whoa'Cause now I pay the price
In another life I would be your girlWe keep all our promises, be us against the worldAnd in another life, I would make you staySo I don't have to say you were the one that got awayThe one that got away

(The One That Got Away - Katty Perry)

 

 

I need your comment badly so I really could see what you felt after reading this story.

Do my favor please, since this is your last time to drop some comment before the story reaches the end.

Thank you :)

 

 

to be continued...