THE SORROW

THE EDGE OF REVENGE (1-37 END) / OOPS YOU DIALED THE WRONG NUMBER (38-xx)

 

CHAPTER 8

 

                Today was supposed to be a beautiful day for both Tiffany and Taeyeon, as Tiffany just got some announcement regarding with her musical drama casting result. Taeyeon had already caught the indication just by scrutinizing Tiffany’s bright face after she finished her conversation by phone, even before Tiffany released any single word. Tiffany was running toward her who was still standing beside the bed and colliding her until both of them falling into the bed. Tiffany was hugging Taeyeon tightly, just to express her euphoria, while Taeyeon was hugging back her and smiling as she could felt the exuberance atmosphere at the room too.

                “I got the role, Tae. I got the role. Can you believe it?” Tiffany was half yelling, joyfully.

                “Congrats, Ppani! I know you’ll make it, Ppani-aaaa,” Taeyeon replied.

                She caught Tiffany’s eyesmiles were just brighter than usual. Her eyes was sparkling with excitement now.

                “It just like a dream come true, Tae... I’m very happy today!” she was exclaiming.

                “Ugh, Ppani, I’m breathless,” Taeyeon said when she felt Tiffany was hugging her too tight unconsciously.

                “Ooops, my bad, my bad, Taeyeon-aaa,” Tiffany was giggling and releasing Taeyeon from her hug. “I’m too excited, you know. It’s unbelievable. I used to dream to play a role in a kind of musical drama!” she said.

                “Ahhhh we should celebrate it!” Tiffany said while walking toward the minibar. Taeyeon was trailing behind.

                “Let’s get some drink!” Tiffany was searching for some bottle and in a few minutes she just found what she was looking for. Tiffany was taking a bottle of hard liquor from the desk. Taeyeon’s eyes was widened when she saw that it’s no other than London Dry gin.

                “It tastes good, Tae,” Tiffany was convincing her. She was beginning to open the bottle and pouring some in a glass.

                “Aniyah,” Taeyeon quickly said. “I won’t let you take that,” Taeyeon added with worry tone. Tiffany was frowning in disappointment.

 

                “Come on, Taeyeon-aaaa, pleaseeee?”

She began to try her aegyeo; however it didn’t work at Taeyeon this time. Taeyeon was still puckering up her face and crossing her arm, showing her disagreement.

                “Half shot only, please??”

                “NO.”

                “Few sips only, pleaseeee?”

                 Tiffany was pleading and bargaining.

                “NO."

            Taeyeon was shaking her head. She stated in a firm tone.

                “For your sake, I won’t allow you to drink that.”

 

                “I’m a great drinker, Tae. I won’t throw up and bother you, I promise,” Tiffany was pleading again. “Come on, Tae.... pweassse???”

                Finding that her aegyeo didn’t work at all, Tiffany was frowning her face.

                “What a party pooper you are,” she was mumbling, but still obeying Taeyeon and didn’t continue to pour that liquor. Her lips was turned down at the corners, showed her grin; however for Taeyeon it was a witty remark of her. She couldn’t help but giggle when capturing that scene. Finally she was releasing her arm from the cross and getting approach to Tiffany.

                “It’s not about throwing up and bothering me or else,” Taeyeon said patiently. “I don’t want you get hangover; and moreover, it would harm your liver, Ppani-aaahh... Don’t you concern at your own body?”

                Tiffany was looking at Taeyeon’s face, who was releasing a warm smile toward her. Taeyeon was patting her head, like a mother toward her child.

                “Taeyeon-aaaa... D-do you concern about me?” Tiffany was asking, but just found herself blushing after asking that blunt question.

                “What do you see?” Taeyeon was making a shrewd answer and smirking.

                “Ahhhh, Taeyeon-aaaaa,” Tiffany couldn’t say anything else. “Ummm...”

                There was a short pause before Tiffany said again. “A drop, please?” she put back the topic and was still pleading and put innocent remarks at her face. This time Taeyeon was really giving in.

                “Ahhhh... how stubborn you’re,” she was muttering but finally nodding her head.

                “Yes, thank you, Tae!” she said gladly and hug Taeyeon thankfully.

                Tiffany just finished pouring it for Taeyeon and herself when suddenly she remembered about her father.

                “Aigooo, Taeyeon-aaaa.. I think I should call my Appa and share him this good news, rite?” Tiffany was smacking her forehead with dramatic style. Taeyeon was nodding her head.

                “Aigooo... How could you forget to tell him? He must be glad and proud of you, Ppani,” Taeyeon was encouraging. “And after that, you should tell Jessica too!” Taeyeon was reminding her.

                “Ah, ya ya ya... Sica Sica.. She must be happy for me,” Tiffany was mumbling.

                “Wait for a moment then,” Tiffany said and dialled her father number. She was widening her smile while waiting her father answered her call. Taeyeon was smiling when witnessing it. Her father must be surprised heard this news!

                “Ah, you should listen to my father’s excitement too, Tae,” Tiffany said and pressed LOUDSPEAKER button. Not long after it, a hard man voice was heard.

                “Fani-aaa?”

                “Yoboseyo*, Appa!” Tiffany was greeting with her dazzling smile.

                “Appa... I’ve good news for you,” Tiffany said, still full of excitement.

                There was a pause.

                “Appa?”

                “Ah ya, go on, Fani,” her father was replied again.

                “I just got a role in musical drama, Appa,” Tiffany told her father, still with her famous bright eyesmiles.

                That’s just another pause again. Taeyeon was gulping. What the h*** is he? Seems he didn’t pay attention at all at her daughter? And with that, Taeyeon also could caught Tiffany’s expression was slowly turning into gloom face.

                “Yaaah, my daughter. You’re great,” the man was replying again in a flat tone.

                “Appa?” Tiffany was calling.

                “Ne?”

                “Are you listening to me?”

                It was another annoying pause again. Tiffany was still holding her call, but seemed she couldn’t held her tears anymore.

                “Ah, Fani-ahhh. Mianhae. Appa is busy now. We talk again, later, okay? Jal ja*, Sweetheart!”

                By that, the call was ended. And before Taeyeon could expected or figured out what will happened, Tiffany was sobbing hard. Then she was pouring the liquor until fulfill the glass in front of her. Realizing that Tiffany just would did wrong by draining it, Taeyeon was quickly yanking it, resulting on broken glass into pieces. Tiffany was glaring at Taeyeon. And Taeyeon totally got that it wasn’t a good indication at all. Spending her most time during almost two months along with Tiffany, Taeyeon was realizing that the trouble was about coming.

                “WHAT’RE YOU DOING?” Tiffany was yelling at Taeyeon.

                “You shouldn’t take it all, Ppani,” Taeyeon said quickly, struggling to keep her voice light.

                “I wanna drink! Mind your own business! I didn’t pay you for allow me what to do or not to do!” Tiffany was yelling again.

       Taeyeon was surprising to hear that; it was indeed hurting her dignity, but she was still trying to be patient. “Ppani, drinking would never solving your problem! I’m sure your dad also didn’t wanna see you like this!”

        Tiffany was glaring at Taeyeon when she heard Taeyeon was mentioning her father, someone that had already made her disappointed. And it...just worsen the situation.

       “What do you know about my father or my family??? I lost my mom when I was kid. And my dad... I never felt he cared about me,though he’s still alive!!! How could you teach me about that!! You will never know how to lost the people you loved so much! So never never teach me about it again! Be thankful you didn’t had experience like me!”

       Taeyeon was shocking, angry, and hurting, tangling together. Her expression was turning into the dark one. Her breathing was becoming faster. Her eyes was fiery. And nothing could be absorbed from her pupils unless the scowl.

       Tiffany caught Taeyeon’s bleak expression and suddenly realized she had already did very big mistake in her life. She spatted herself for not controlling her anger and ; however it was too late. Her words was embedded too deep at Taeyeon’s heart.

       “CUT IT OUT, TIFFANY! I was sick hearing your excuse! I’m had a bellyfull of your attitude. You always raise the same thing for your excuse when you’re angry and it makes me sick!”

       Tiffany was remaining silent, didn’t dare to reply angry Taeyeon. “And just for God sake! Never think that you are the poorest kid in the world! Never said that I never felt lost. I already lost my dad when I was kid. Satisfy??????”

       Tiffany was shock when heard it, as she never expected that at all. She was only dumbfounding at her place, witnessing how angry Taeyeon was. And she just realized, it was all her fault. She was blaming her stupid self for hurting Taeyeon – the one that she relied on, the one that she depent on – so much.

       “I can’t hold it anymore. I quit! If you don’t like it, tough *!” Taeyeon was declaring and walking toward her room. Immediately she was packing her stuffs abruptly and putting it into her suitcase, leaving Tiffany who was still agazing at the dining room.

       It was almost 11 pm actually, and unfortunately the sky also seemed didn’t give them any symphaty, as the rumble of thunders were starting to heard, and the clouds was beginning to pour some drizzles. But Taeyeon didn’t care at all. All the things she could felt now was a sorrowful pain in her heart. She just kept walking while holding her suitcase, ignoring everything, seemed nonchanalt with the drizzle. Taeyeon was wandering aimlessly, as she really didn’t have any idea where to go.

       Didn’t take too long, the drizzle was extremely turning into a heavy rain. Taeyeon was deciding to stop at some park and just sat on the bench. Then she pulled her knees up into her chest and wrapped her arm tightly around them. She was drifting into her sobbing for a moment. Her tears was streaming down so hard, but finally they were all just mixed with pouring rain falling from the sky. Taeyeon’s body were all wet. She was shaking and trembling as she was beginning to feel cold.

       “Appa... Appa... I miss you a lot, Appa...,” Taeyeon was mumbling.

       “Appa...”

       “Appa...”

       Minutes and minutes was going by, and Taeyeon just recalling her father until she felt heavy and only could sensed numbness.

       And the rain was just continuing like that, remaining a grievous scene of a warm-hearted poor girl who already been hurt by someone she took care a lot, laying unsconscious at the bench under the unfriendly heavy rain.  

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE

*Jal ja = informal form of goodnight in Korea, that supposed to be spoken up by the older to the younger, or at least at the same age but had already know well each other.

*Tough (American style) = a RUDE WAY of telling someone that you do not care what they think / do not have any sympathy with their problem. (It better not to be spoken up) :p

 

T.T

tbc