He's Not Worth Even For Your Single Lump

THE EDGE OF REVENGE (1-37 END) / OOPS YOU DIALED THE WRONG NUMBER (38-xx)

 CHAPTER 6

 

 

 

    Taeyeon was frowning when she caught 9 missed calls on her mobile screen display. She indeed set her mobile into silent mode, since today was her day-off and she didn't want to be interupted with anything during her refreshing time. She just checked her mobile in their way back home, when she was stopping at the traffic light. She was glancing at Jessica who was falling asleep beside her. Her head was leaning on the car window. Taeyeon was shooking her head, when got the name's caller.

       I think she said she will go all the day and today's my day off? - Taeyeon was thinking -

       The missed call was started from around 7 pm til around 15 minutes later, about 9 pm, with irregular interval.

       Taeyeon knew, she was about getting a trouble. Tiffany wouldn't be glad with this. She was sighing, though she knew Tiffany shouldn't put all the blame on her. Didn't want Tiffany get mad more, Taeyeon was calling back Tiffany.

       "Where are you?" Tiffany said with unpleasing tone.

       "I went out with Jessica."

       "Back home now!" She was demanding.

       Taeyeon was settling her patient mode, as she really didn't want to make it became more tense.

       "I'm on the way, Ppani. I will send Sica back home first..."

       "Don't you listen to me? I said BACK HOME NOW," Tiffany was repeating in a very firm tone.

       Taeyeon was agazing for a moment, then she could took control again to herself.

       Is she bipolar? - Taeyeon began to release another absurd thought.

       "Oh, come on, Tiff," Taeyeon persuaded, still keep her tone calm. "It will not take long. I should drop Jessica at her home first."

       "I don't like be argued. Moreover, be rejected for what I asked for!" Tiffany said with threatening tone. As Taeyeon was kind of person who didn't like to be threatened and began to feel sick with Tiffany's gratuitous act, she was raising her tone a little.

       "For GOD SAKE, Tiffany. It's Jessica, your bestfriend! Are you losing your mind? Where should I put her? Drop anywhere else, at the sidewalk? Don't act so childish, please. I will back home soon!" Taeyeon was yelling in frustration, then ended up the call, without waiting Tiffany's answer.

       She was tilting when heard Jessica's groan. "Was it Fani?" Jessica asked while rubbing her eyes.

       Taeyeon was nodding her head, her eyes still concentrated on the road. She was increasing the car speed.

       "She was mad at you?" Jessica asked again.

       Taeyeon was shrugging her shoulder, as she didn't really get it. "She's weird. I couldn't understand her," Taeyeon said.

       "I heard... she wanted you to drop me somewhere else?"

       Taeyeon was gulping, didn't know that Jessica realized that part. It must hurt her heart a lot. But Taeyeon was trying to hide it  from Jessica. She forced a smile toward her.

       "Not really... Never mind. It's nothing. Perhaps she got a badmood because I didn't realize her call," Taeyeon said.

       Out of her expectation, Jessica was smiling. "Don't hide it. I knew she said that. It was not first time she acted like that. I was used to," Jessica said, calmly. Taeyeon was surprising. "She didn't mean it, I know."

       Taeyeon was shaking her head in disbelief. "Are you angel or what? So you always forgive her for being rude like that?"

       "As I said, I understand her well. And I love her too as my sister. I could accept that, coz I know she's broken. She's fragile, and she's vulnerable, actually..."

       "For me, it still couldn't be an excuse," Taeyeon was snorting. Her face was grim.

       "Whenever when I was about get angry to her, I just realized, she acted that because she's broken. She lost her mother when she was a kid, and her father... raised her up with wrong way - gave everything she wanted - just to cover his guilty feeling because he couldn't spend most time with her. Her father was quit busy," Jessica was trying to build a good explanation. But she still able to caught gloomy expression on Taeyeon's face.

       Taeyeon stopped her car in front of a big house, but not as big as Tiffany's mansion, that no other than Jessica's resident. Jessica was getting out from the car and waving hand to Taeyeon.

       "Don't be mad at her, kay? Thank you and goodnight, Tae!"

       "I can't promise you," Taeyeon was shrugging her shoulder but waving back to Jessica. "Nite, Sica!"

 

 

 

 

       Taeyeon was dazed, witnessing what's in front of her now. Pieces of breaking glass were scattering everywhere on the floor.  She was blinking for a moment, making sure it was real. She just throwed her bag to the crouch at the living room and half running went upstairs, just to find the one that should be responsible for all of this mess. It was not hard to find Tiffany, who was  sitting on her bed blankly, even didn't recognize Taeyeon's presence. Taeyeon was puckering up her face when she caught... the tears? Tiffany was sobbing a little.

       Suddenly her anger just disappeared.

       "Ppani? What's happened?"

       "YOU DON'T LISTEN TO ME!" Tiffany was yelling. But, surprisingly, Taeyeon didn't affected by it. She was still cool.

       "Why are you crying?" Taeyeon asked, carefully. She took few tissues and begin to wipe it gently. Tiffany just stayed and didn't pull away her face.

        "I'm sorry, I didn't know you called me. I'm sorry I didn't check my mobile," Taeyeon said, sincerely and didn't want to make any excuse like "But you told me today was my day-off"

       "Are you crying because you're very upset at me? I'm really sorry," Taeyeon said again, as she didn't get any response from Tiffany.

       Finally Tiffany was raising her head, to face Taeyeon. Taeyeon could see clearly now, Tiffany's eyes was swollen. Ugh, she must be cry all over and over again during I wasn't home. Taeyeon felt very sorry for that.

       "Why everybody began to not listen to me?" Tiffany was asking, while still sobing, but not in a high tone anymore. It tend to be sad tone.

        Taeyeon didn't get it, but she got herself closer to Tiffany and let Tiffany snuggled in her chest. She was hugging Tiffany and rubbed her back up and down, to make the latter relieved. It seemed work a little. Tiffany was not sobbing desperately anymore.

       "Want to tell me what happened?" Taeyeon asked again.

       "Tae... What do you think.. about Siwon?" Suddenly Tiffany asked out of the blue.

       Taeyeon was narrowing her eyes in doubt, got unexpected question like that. "You want me be honest?" taeyeon asked like a fool.

       "I mean, you won't be offended or hurt if I tell you what's on my mind, since he's your boyfriend...," Taeyeon was explaining.

       "He's not anymore," Tiffany replied briefly.

        WHAT????? Unconsciously Taeyeon almost displayed a wide happy smile, but she quickly held it, as she was witnessing Tiffany's dark expression now.

       "To tell the truth, I don't like him at all. He's like a player," Taeyeon said, bluntly. She was thinking for a moment, is it necessary to tell "flirting" part in the morning, but finally she decided not to raise that up.

       "Jinjja?" Tiffany asked in surprising tone. Her eyes was widden when looking at Taeyeon.

       "Sure, I could saw it clearly... But...," Taeyeon was hesitating to continue.

       "But what?" Tiffany was asking, curiously.

       "But since he's your boyfriend and I don't wanna mess with you, I just keep in on my mind. And... ehm, frankly, I also wonder how could you... built a relationship with kinda man like that," Taeyeon shook her head. Tiffanny was agape, but suddenly she smacked Taeyeon.

       "WHAT??? WHAT IS THAT? You didn't like what I said? You told me to tell me the truth..." Taeyeon was yelling.

       "Next time don't keep anything on your mind only. TELL ME!" Tiffany said and stated "tell me" in firm tone. "I trust you, Taeyeon..."

       Taeyeon was feeling flattered but she kept cool as usual. "Uhm, what did he do to you? Was he the reason behind your tears? Ppani-ahhh... he's not worth even for your single lump," Taeyeon said with fiery eyes.

       Suddenly Tiffany smiled when she saw Taeyeon's act. She was feeling secure by Taeyeon's scowl.

       "Why did you smile?" Taeyeon asked.

       "Ugh, she's really enigmatic... I think I wouldn't be able to totally understand her," she talked to herself.

       Tiffany was shaking her head, with her eyesmiles. Her expressions gradually became bright again. "Nothing... I'm glad you're here."

       "Hey, you hadn't answer me yet, anyway," Taeyeon remembered she didn't get the reason why Tiffany's crying.

       "He flirted with another girl," she gave a succint answer.

       "How could it be? He went out with you, rite?"

       "Uhm.. He asked me...," Tiffany was trying to explain. But Taeyeon caught Tiffany's face suddenly getting redden.

       "Don't say to me he was asking for it?" Taeyeon cut off Tiffany sentences and eyed on Tiffany's lower part. Tiffany was blushing as she's really embarassed now but nodding her head. She was looking down, avoid gazing with Taeyeon.

       "He's really losing his mind," Taeyeon spatted while shuddering. "But it was really good news you're not into him any longer..."

       "Are you happy with my broken relationship???" Tiffany asked.

       "I don't wanna see you sad, but yes, I'm happy you're not any longer relationship with that jerk!"

       "Why?" Tiffany asked, teasingly.

       "Um, because I think you deserve someone better," Taeyeon said honestly.

       "Jongmal??" Tiffany asked again, in surprising tone.

       "But you know how tempered I am...," she was really guilty when released that sentence. "It must be hard for being my man; he must be tough enough then," she was muttering.

       "Don't worry... You're indeed fiercy temper person, but I think... you're nice one," Taeyeon was assuring with smile. And it made Tiffany smiled too.

       "Now... don't cry again. You wash your face and have a good rest. I should clean up the mess you made, anyway," Taeyeon was about getting out of the bed when she felt Tiffany pulled her wrist.

       "Don't take too long... I still need you to relief me..."

       "Arasso... arasso," Taeyeon nodded her head and smiled.

 

 

 

 

 

 

to be continued...