THE COOL NEW COMER

THE EDGE OF REVENGE (1-37 END) / OOPS YOU DIALED THE WRONG NUMBER (38-xx)

 

CHAPTER 19

 

 

 

 

“Is it?”

“Huh?”

“Is it all the things you can say in this quiet beautiful morning after all you did to me last night?”

The girl in towel stared at her for a moment before finally turned back again to face the mirror and started to wrap her wet hair with another towel, nonchalantly.

Taeyeon, who still hadn’t recovered yet from everything caught her off guard, was still remained dumbfounded and look like got sudden tongue tie. She even wasn’t able to manage to release some words, though so many questions already run on her mind.

“What such a gentle greeting. She really knows how to pump the mood up,” the girl mumbled while making some bun with her towel.

Taeyeon wasn’t didn’t hear the sarcasm, but instead of being mad because during her life nobody dared to speak that way to her, she was just ended up dumbfounded and rather to be dreadfully curious about what was happened, about the girl, about… hell, this cold beautiful stranger just said… about what she did to her last night???

And despite her coldness, strangely Taeyeon didn’t find it’s irritating; instead she started to realize that actually, the girl was mesmerized her since it’s for the first time, someone just didn’t act or see her as the way other people did. She was brave and confident, and… again, so damn beautiful.

(What the hell I did to her last night? Why I couldn’t remember anything?
And… was she with me last night? Why I had no idea at all about her???
Was… it’s Tiffany, the one who…

Oh My God… Don’t say…)

Finally, the stranger already done with her hair and as she caught Taeyeon was still staring at her without any single words through the mirror, she just tilted back again and now while laying against the wall she’s crossing her arms and looking at the dumbfounded one who was still sitting against the bedpost, behind the comforter.

As if could read Taeyeon mind, she just chuckled and shook her head.

“Stop scrutinizing me. I know I’m indeed stunning. You have more time later to adore me, but for now, at least make sure that you are not a mute or I’d getting frustrated to keep speaking just on my own.”

(What the… The way she talked… was really… confident… And she exactly knew what’s going on my mind… I never found kind of person like this… And for the first time, I thought I’ve already beaten by stranger… Without much effort she just had hushed me already… I was stunned, couldn’t manage to say some words… Who the hell she is?)

“I~,” finally Taeyeon could spill out some words.

(There’re many questions popped in my mind… Where should I begin? Ah, it’s really confusing…)

“You said about something I did last night…,” Taeyeon trailed off and the girl who’s still folding her arm on her chest just nodded coolly and kept staring at her, patiently waiting for her to finish her sentences.

“W-what it’s?”

“You really don’t remember anything?”

“I…,” she trailed off again and tried to think. “Have no idea. I mean, I may remember something, but I’m not sure about it… Would you like to tell…”

“You did ing me,” the girl just cut off in such a cool way, like “ing” was nothing.

“I~ WHATTTT????”

Taeyeon jolted in surprise hearing it.

“You’ve heard me,” she said briefly.

“NO! How could it happen? I~ I didn’t even know you! D-don’t you dare to lie to…,” Taeyeon shouted in horror.

“Oh, hell, yeah, then how could you explain it?” the girl interrupted again, calmly, but her fierce eyes was sticking to one point. As Taeyeon gradually followed her gaze, she just jerked in another surprise, finding and realizing that behind the comforter, there’s even no bundle of thread covered her skin. She’s .

Quickly, Taeyeon squeezed the comforter tight. But this time it wasn’t because she felt siren. There’s no alarm at all, she knew. It was rather to she felt so embarrass and awkward~ totally awkward, being topless in front of stranger, in strange place, despite the fact that this stranger was so cool and beautiful. 

Strangely, a smile started to play across the girl’s face.

“Don’t act as if I’m gonna you,” she chuckled and giggled. Suddenly, the cold image from the girl just gradually faded away from Taeyeon’s mind.

“I’m not thinking that way,” Taeyeon deny in defeat mode, but as she said it, her face just already blushed and her cheek was just getting hotter in embarrassment, triggering the girl to even more.

“So, what do you think, then?” the girl asked again.

She slowly left the mirror and now walked to the bar, switched on electric kettle to boil some water. Meanwhile, she heard Taeyeon heaved huge sigh and she just prepare two empty cups.

“Were you telling me the truth?” finally Taeyeon could calm down herself and found there’s nothing going right at all.

“Because… I think… last night… I was doing… “that thing” with…”

“Tiffany,” the girl finished the sentence for her. “I knew that,” she nodded nonchalantly and observing at the kettle for some moment.

“Tea or coff…,” she was about to ask her preference but just suddenly hushed her own mouth and rephrased it. “No. I ain’t offering you some coffee. You need much rest. Caffeine isn’t your buddies, at least for now.”

“I don’t need tea,” Taeyeon shook her head feebly as suddenly her mind just was back to Tiffany.

“Yeah, I knew that as well. All the things you need is only Tiffany. But whatever, I’ll just make you some and if you change your mind, don’t hesitate to let me bring it to you,” she said and just switched the kettle off.

She glanced at Taeyeon for a second and as if could read her mind again, she just smiled and said. “I’m not dumb. The automatic sensor is running out.”

(How… how could the girl acts as poised as this… at least… she needs to be “panic” or asks my responsibility if I really did that thing to her… Unless she’s nut… Oh, this is ain’t right…)

“Wait…,” finally Taeyeon managed to say again.

“Hmh?” the girl paused her activity for a moment to pay her an attention.

“If… I really did fuc**** you last night, w-why you seemed… so… fine? I mean… why you just acted like nothing’s bad happened…”

Strangely again, this girl laughed.

“Are you trying to say that I should be desperate now, end up crying endlessly and asking some responsibility from you?” she managed to say in the middle of her laughter. “Come on, it’s not cool at all!”

“WHAT???? Are you nut? You’re still considering to be such a cool person under sort of circumstance???”

“Yeah, why not?” the girl shrugged her shoulder. “I’ve learnt, crying and being desperate would never be a great choice. Instead, it would only hurt you deeper than you’re thinking.”

Taeyeon was frozen for a moment, trying to digest the girl remarks. It, frankly, rang a bell… about the scene… at the day when she scowled hence saved Tiffany from the tears when she seemed so stupid and desperate in front of DongHae… And now, it’s really ridiculous if she couldn’t count it as “funny”, finding someone she had no idea at all gave the knowledge once she knew it was her ultimate knowledge…

“You’re right,” finally Taeyeon said feebly.

She paused momentarily before asking another question.

“And… how could you have any idea about… Tiffany?”

“Oh, come on,” she shook her head again while pouring some tea into the cup.

“You kept mentioning the name all the nights. How could I ignore it?”

Slowly but sure, Taeyeon felt already could make any sense about everything happened.

“I must be… had skinful already last night,” she mumbled desperately. “I’m sorry… I… I thought… my mind was playing trick on me then… I thought… you’re Tiffany… I swore… all the things on my sight was only her… I heard her like calling out my name… Hell… I… supposed not to be drunk…,” she scratched her hair in frustrating way. “I knew it wasn’t such an excuse, but… I just try to explain you the truth… That I really have no bad intention to you, or playing dumb by didn’t recognizing it… I…”

“Silly,” the girl chimed in then sipping some tea after blowing it for some moment.

“Why you act as if you’re the one who was victimized here. I thought I was the cool one here,” she said and laughed.

“Of course you don’t need to explain to me what’s happening to you last night. You’re getting drunk so hard. You’re so reckless, if I might say. How could on this green grass earth you run yourself to the alcohol when you’re facing some problem and ended up drunk.”

Taeyeon suddenly glared at her.

“You have no idea what’s happened to me. Don’t act as if you knew what I felt…”

“Oh yeah, I didn’t claim that I knew what you felt either, remember,” she snorted.

“So you don’t need to bother yourself by lecturing me that I shouldn’t run to alc…”

“I didn’t lecture you to not run to alcohol,” she cut off. “Because I did it too sometimes,” she stated after paused momentarily, making Taeyeon frowned.

“What I was trying to say was… next time if you plan to get drunken, at least bring some friend or someone you trust to accompany you. You never have any idea what would happen to you, and I’m sure you would never be glad when if find yourself getting or else when you wake up in the next morning,” she stated firmly and walked toward her, bringing a cup of tea.

Taeyeon gulped as she never had any idea that despite of bold and cool attitude, this girl, actually had nice and warm side. And everything she said wasn’t sort of idle talk, but every single statement she let out just made sense.

“You… saved me last night?” Taeyeon asked dubiously.

“Uh-uh.”

“Thanks…”

“Welcome.”

 

 

There’s another silence again. It, frankly, made Taeyon got frustration. Never in her life, she felt like beyond dominant like this.

 

 

“Are you up to something? Or will keep continuing to act cold like this???”

The girl grinned finding the shorter started to act like a child.

“Okay, what if I start out with… are you gonna marry me?”

“PARDON ME????”

“Huuh,” she nodded casually. “Is it what you expected, right? Instead of acting poised, you want me to at least make some reaction, right? So, I’m asking you once again, showing your responsibility and marry me?”

(Oh, it was absolutely not I’m expecting! This question was really caught me off guard!!!)

“I…,” Taeyeon couldn’t say anything. The girl just kept smiling.

She was now opening the closet, one of her hand still bringing the cup of tea, and searching around something for a moment.

“It’s okay. You won’t do it, I know…”

“It’s okay,” Taeyeon suddenly cut off. For the first time, this girl was taken aback and felt like losing her cold appearance.

She cocked her head to her and stared in disbelief. But Taeyeon seemed so serious and now holding her gaze on her.

“Hell, well, fine. And Tiffany?”

“She’s nothing to me.”

“Really?”

“She once might be used to be my universe.”

“And?”

“And I left her. She’s boring.”

“Hm, good excuse.”

“Yes. People changed.”

The girl nodded her head and put impassive expression afterward.

“Why just assented with me that fast? You even have no idea about me.”

“You’re beautiful. So I don’t find any harm to marry you. About the idea, is it necessary? Because I found once upon a time, when I thought I had known someone as good as I knew myself, at the end I figure out that I was totally wrong.”

 There’s unhidden pain reflected when Taeyeon remarked it. And the girl was too perceptive to catch the indication. She seemed stunned for a moment, but at the next moment she had already grabbed some all-size T-shirt and approached her.

“Put it on, please,” she said warmly and proffered the clothes to her.

“I’ll shut my eyes for a moment,” she said and just closed her eyes understandingly even before Taeyeon asked it. Taeyeon slowly took it and put it on. Afterward she piped up again hence giving her a cue that she’d already done.

“So what I suppose to do? You want a big ceremony, or we should marry at the church, or…”

“Taeyeon,” the girl cut off gently. Her voice now was so calm and serenading. She shook her head and beamed her warm smile.

“H-how could you know my name?”

“Or I have to call you Director Kim?” she asked again, still holding her smile.

Taeyeon was dumbfounded for a while.

“Tell me, it’s an ad or lost, to be such a famous powerful person who was occasionally appears on television?” she asked, half teasing.

Taeyeon felt much more relief and comfortable now.

(She’s… jaemiitneunde…)

“It depends on you’re thinking,” Taeyeon finally could manage to play around with her in relax state, after during this time she felt like been intimidated.

“If you’re thinking I must be happy because you think I can get everything I want easily and I’m glad because nobody dares to make any mess with me, you’re wrong then.”

“I never thought it that way. Moreover, I’m not that narrow-minded,” she giggled.

“I never thought you’re happy because of it. Either, I never thought you can get everything you want easily. Everyone has some weakness point, I know it. moreover, I kinda felt bit pity instead, thinking that some people just acted being nice to you just because they want something from you, or sorry, in rude way, they just want to take advantage from you. I’m not kind of person assessing someone from her power or so, but I rather to follow my heart and see what my heart sees. Tell me if I’m wrong.”

Taeyeon looked at her without any voice for some second, before finally a smile…, a first smile for today, slowly spread on her face.

“W-why? Why you suddenly smiled?” the girl asked confusingly.

“You know what… Yesterday I thought I would spend the whole night crying, ended up waking up with swollen eyes and continue crying endlessly, but… strangely, as bad as I thought, it just didn’t happened. And I knew why… it because you made my day. Thank you for not letting me ended up crying desperately.”

The girl smiled along with her.

“I’m glad can help.”

“So… you see? If you ask me to show some responsibility, I…”

The girl just interrupted her remarks by giggling louder and it, of course made her wonder.

“Babo. I’m just kidding. How could you buy all those my lies that easy,” she asked in disbelief and shook her head, making the latter surprised even more.

“You didn’t fuc* me."

Taeyeon frowned in confuse.

"Land your plane!" she remarked impatiently.

“Hmh, well, sorry, we’re kissing and making out, just in short period. And about why you’re , it’s because you puked so I need to pull your shirt off. I’ve washed it already. And when I tried to put some clothes on you, you kept struggling as if we’re really in the middle of the session. I have no power to put it on. Afterward, I just found you sleep so peacefully. I just didn’t think would make any single move that might cause you awake… So I just covered you with the comforter. That’s it.”

“Excuse me?”

Taeyeon felt her cheek got hotter now. But after all, all the feelings were tangling together. Embarrassment, confuse, wonder…

“I said sorry,” the girl said sincerely. “I might have any chance to dodge it, but… somehow I just let you did it. I…”

She trailed off, for the first time seemed dubious, and her face just gradually blushed.

“I found you’re rather cute.”

Her last remark just be spilled out like above a whisper. This time, Taeyeon felt it’s her chance to take any revenge. She grinned hearing the bashful confession.

“Stupid. How could you say sorry for the things you didn’t do?”

“But I could manage to not let you…”

“Aish,” Taeyeon interrupted. “I rather be thankful you didn’t slap me last night.”

“How could I slap someone I once said…,” she hushed suddenly again. Her face blushed even more.

“Cute?” Taeyeon asked teasingly.

“No need to shy. I often receive sort of compliment,” she giggled complacently.

“Hell, I can’t believe I let those words out from my mouth,” she pretended to be upset.

“You’re really fun,” Taeyeon said and chuckled.

“But really, you don’t need to be sorry.”

“I’m sorry for your girlfriend,” the girl said gingerly. It just, faded the smile away from Taeyeon face. She just like felt sudden pang again.

Summoning her courage, the girl slowly touched and held Taeyeon’s hand.

“I knew you didn’t leave her.”

“I left her,” Taeyeon persisted.

“Yeah, maybe,” she nodded. “Tell me the same thing once you fish fish can fly and turtle  can run, then I’d make some consideration to buy your lie.”

“You’re really queen of sarcasm,” Taeyeon said amazingly.

“And hell, you should believe me then, since some fish really can fly, and turtle can run, in ninja turtles comic.”

A smile started to display at the girl face again, as she discovered Taeyeon had good sense of humor as well and actually the more she knew her, the more surprise she got since she always thought Taeyeon had cold, irritating, and arrogant image like the rumor always said.

“It’s not the point we’re talking about now,” she shook her head, this time seriously.

“Then another time, try to make some better analogies, so I have no chance to argue you,” Taeyeon replied, making the girl now acted more tamely.

If you didn’t get it, Readers, so, that’s why in the end we’d always find that Taeyeon was undeniable charming and always melts our heart down.

“Taeyeon, I knew you love her so much, so you don’t need to hide it from me.”

Taeyeon remained silence for some moment. She hung her head low, like bearing the sadness and pain again. Unconsciously, she held the girl’s hand even tighter.

“I have nothing more to do with her anymore since she’s not mine anymore. Or… maybe she was never been mine. Once upon a time or later,” she said sadly.

“It’s my fault, for loving her so deep though from the beginning she’d warned me for the consequence that in the end I might get hurt. But my heart seemed didn’t listen to it. Moreover, the feeling was just getting stronger… until…”

“Until something bad happened between you two?”

“I have no idea how to describe it. I knew she had boyfriend even when at the first time I thought I fell in love with her. So when finally she made it up with her boyfriend… who’s the one most deserve to bear the pain unless me? It’s me, the one who started the forbidden love, so it’s fair enough when I found myself getting hurt the most as well…”

“This ain’t right,” she shook her head. “Love will never let only one of you bear the pain on your own.”

“If she loves me the way I love her too, she must not leave me. She supposed to stay with me, and together we’d face against the world. Unfortunately she didn’t choose the way, but really, I couldn’t blame her at all for her choice. All I want for now is only to see her happy with her decision, no matter what I was feeling now and despite of the pain I gain for some unpredictable time.”

“Isn’t it too fast to draw sort of conclusion? I mean, Taeyeon, not choosing you doesn’t always mean she wasn’t ready to face against the world with you, but maybe… just maybe… as big as her desire to choose you, she just wasn’t able to make it happen… Have you ever thought about it? It’s probably because she didn’t want to be selfish… It’s because she didn’t want to hurt many more people in her life… Mention her father, her family, her boyfriend, her boyfriend parents? And in the end, though she didn’t want to choose it either, she really had no choice at the point. She might bear the pain as much as you and she just didn’t want you to know it… Have you… ever considered it?”

Taeyeon was dumbfounded again hearing all of those wise remarks as she never thought about it yet. But… but even if the girl opinion was the truth, it wouldn’t make any difference. Tiffany had already picked the decision and she shouldn’t come and ruin her life anymore. Time would heal everything. Tiffany, finally would get used to it, she would have some kids, find her own happiness, and maybe Taeyeon was only left as no other than a person once she used to know. And Taeyeon herself, might be keep herself busy behind her desk, run her career, find someone else one day and get married as well. One day if they bumped each other, it depended on their own mood, they might simply said hello, or pretending not see each other. Well, as simple as it, Taeyeon was sure, that’s the way of life they’d eventually run.

“Even though I didn’t want it run this way, I have nothing to do with it anymore,” finally she said solemnly.

“She’s just part of my previous chapters. I would never have her. And now, life has to move on. Do you agree with me?”

“I…,” the girl trailed off dubiously. “Well, it’s your life. I have no right to give some comment about forgetting her or else. But, for the last part, I couldn’t agree more. Life indeed has to go on… Oh, anyway…,” she suddenly remembered something.

Taeyeon frowned and gradually smiled as she saw the girl carefully proffered her a cup of tea that already been cool now.

“Still need some?” she asked teasingly.

“Hmhm,” Taeyeon nodded and smiled.

“I think I have to start to make some friendship with tea, rather than alcohol.”

“Oh, let’s see if you can keep your words,” she rolled her eyes playfully.

Afterward she stared Taeyeon for some moment, as if enjoying the peaceful silence and the scene of the tempered person one who now was calmly enjoying the tea.

Suddenly Taeyeon remembered something stupid that she supposed to ask super super earlier.

“I know it’s late. No. Not late. Even expired.”

“Huh?”

“I don’t get your name.”

The girl just burst into laughter.

“Can I have it?” she asked in a manner, widening her smile.

She paused momentarily before finally mentioned her name.

"You can call me Krystal.”

With it she winked and rose from the bed, walked to reach the hairdryer, still hanging smile on her face.

 

 

 

to be continued...

 

 

How's this chapter? Stress-relief enought? Do you like Krystal?

 

WHY KRYSTAL (FAQ)?

 I think some of you, or most of you might question why Krystal?

I swore, I just decided it at the last second.

Previously, I considered Yoona and SeoHyun but I didn't feel it match, moreover with its chic lovely character, yes,

they wouldn't make a great dynamic duo. 

Oh of course... I put Jessica on the first line, but "unfortunately",

I had already gave her some role. Hehehe.

So, with this features: beautiful, chic, and lovely, who else suit to occupy

other than our beloved Krystal?

I'm glad discovering your positive reaction too :)

I'm kinda tired to write desperate Taeyeon as well, so why don't give it a break?

Last, the strong reason as well, I thought I would never be wrong by putting Krystal here because I'm sure

you're all would not hate her. I'm sure you all would welcome her wholeheartedly.

But I don't think so if I put another person to Taeyeon (either male or female). Siwon, for an instance?

Oh, stop it. I hear your scream. Hehe. I'm nice and understanding, right? ^^

Oh, last, really, the last, don't worry. I don't kill "Tiffany".

I just give you an opportunity to miss her even more.

She'd appear again at the very very next chapter.

Ta ta for now and keep supporting me!