Encouragement

THE EDGE OF REVENGE (1-37 END) / OOPS YOU DIALED THE WRONG NUMBER (38-xx)

 

CHAPTER 21

 

 

 

       NOT long afterward, still holding Krystal’s hand, I heard the door was squeaking as it was opened, and the Yulsic coupled just popped in my sight. They were glued each and the taller one piped up to greet me in cheerful way.

       “Hi, Boss! Have some story to tell~…,” but her words was just suddenly interrupted by her own self as she noticed the taller girl clutching my hand now.

       Jessica had the same questioning expression with her girlfriend as well.

       “W-who is her?” Finally my cousin released the question after exchanging glance with Yuri.

       “She’s the reason I planned this gathering,” I said calmly.

       The Yulsic couple threw baffle look at me, then glance to Krystal, who just managed to bow politely to them. And I knew, at that time, Yuri’s eyes couldn’t just immediately take off from her. It could be said, ByunYul was captivated by her and frankly, I couldn’t blame her.

       And I just giggled once I caught Jessica with her fierce eyes just suddenly stomped her girlfriend feet in jealous mode, earning a shriek on Yuri’s face, and just stepped forward casually, as if nothing’s happened.

       Yuri who was slightly limping now didn’t dare to question more either continuing stared at her; instead she just trailed behind with her victimizing expression.

       “This is Krystal,” I began to speak up. “And Krystal,” I shifted my gaze to Krystal again. “This is Jessica, my cousin, and Yuri, head of creative department here. They’re an item, if you don’t get it.”

       Krystal nodded and smiled. “Of course I got it,” she said.

       Yuri just smiled back to her secretly just for manner sake, I knew, but she hastily threw her smile away once Jessica suddenly tilted her head and looked at her again. I swore, this couple sometimes was really did some silly unnecessary things.

       Jessica didn’t act like Yuri; she was rather to act cold as usual, as she usually did to person she barely knew. Moreover, I thought less or more, she felt slightly uncomfortable because Yuri kept paying attention to her, or more accurately to say, she just still adored her beauty.

       Yuri who already caught the indication just linked her arms to her, but my cold cousin just yanked her arm away and crossed her arm in front of her chest now. Poor Yuri just hung her head low now, maybe thinking something to soften her lover heart.

       “Do… Krystal Ssi have any business with us?” finally Jessica asked.

       “Just Krystal, please,” Krystal said politely.

       “Yeah, just call her by name. You two have to get used to her…,” I trailed off and stated the next remarks carefully. “Since she’s my girlfriend.”

        As I expected, the couple just jolted in surprise hearing my words. They threw me “Are you kidding me” look and I just threw them “Am I looked like kidding now?” back look.

       “But, I~ think…,” Yuri slightly stuttered and I already caught her question.

       “No longer,” I chimed in.

       “How could you do that?” This time Jessica asked me confusingly.

       “She… she left you, right?” Jessica asked dubiously.

       “No, of course not. She even begged me to not leave her until the last time before I finally gave up and threw my cell into the bin.”

       “Oh, crap!” Yuri gasped. “I thought I couldn’t touch you because you had… kind… of… *** session with her…”

       “Seobang,” Jessica warned her as she realized there’s Krystal there. My understanding cousin was just afraid my past would affect my new relationship, despite of the reason.

       “Sorry,” Yuri quickly said but I smiled calmly.

       “Doesn’t matter. She knew everything. I didn’t hide anything from her,” I said.

       “You know???” Jessica looked at Krystal.

       For the first time Krystal looked hesitant and I could feel her nail slightly embedded into my skin as if she asked for some cue. I just nodded afterward and she followed my scenario.

       “But w-why Tae? Why you… suddenly left…”

       “I don’t think she’s the one for me,” I lied.

       Yuri widened her eyes in disbelief then shaking her head.

       “You don’t tell the truth.”

       “I.TOLD.YOU.THE.TRUTH,” I stated word by word to emphasize it and it just made her didn’t argue anymore. But from her face I knew she didn’t just buy my lie.

       “Okay,” Jessica spoke up again. “I don’t want bothering you by questioning you about your past. Consider you told us the truth… but still, I don’t get it… how could you make a new relationship this fast? I mean… It kinda doesn’t make any sense for me…”

       “As Yuri ever said,” I remarked. “When two people tacitly that they need each other, they just can be together. And we both realized, we need and love each other,” I said.

 

 

 

KY

       “Come on. Have some drink with me,” I beckoned Taeyeon to sit in front of me, at the one of bar in Seoul that afternoon.

       “Any problem? Does Sica still get upset because…,” Taeyeon guessed and I hastily shook my head.

       “No. It isn’t about me,” I stated hence making her suddenly hushed.

       “We’re now talking about you,” I added and beckoned the waiter to deliver my order.

       Taeyeon rolled her eyes and I thought she was still going to continue her lie; however I patiently would play around with her and wouldn’t just give up that way. Let’s see the one who would endure longer. But out of my expectation, she finally looked at me and expressed her gloom expression, indicating that she was about to give up, eventually. As I thought she gave me a chance to release some question, I finally began to pipe up again.

       “First of all, what’s really happened between you and Tiff? I mean…,” I trailed off as I couldn’t get any sense of it. “It’s kinda not make any sense for me. Previous couple days, you just got excitement because you’re going to propose her. Afterward, you texted Sica that both of you celebrate her birthday at the island you afforded for her and then… now… you just… made a new relationship with Krystal. What’s up, Tae?”

       “You promise won’t tell Sica if I told you the truth?”

       I squinted with my eyes shut for a moment before finally nodded my head to let her have my words.

       “I promise.”

       “So, my guess is right, right? That you weren’t telling the truth?”

       “I couldn’t tell it, at least not in front of my cousin. I didn’t want her hate Tiffany. Correction. Actually, I didn’t want anybody blame either hate Tiffany, including you. but at this point, I guess I couldn’t hide it anymore from you, or else, I know you’re going to keep nagging me until you get the truth,” she smiled wryly when explained the reason and at that time I suddenly got the knowledge that my best friend was indeed falling into her so deep and sincerely and that’s why she put herself into jerk role and just made some façade to protect Tiffany so she wouldn’t be blamed by anybody else. Oh, Tae, I’m really sorry for you… Really…

       “She didn’t choose me, Yul,” Taeyeon said feebly. I thought she was struggling hard to stay poised.

       “I couldn’t win her heart. I supposed to get the knowledge from the beginning.”

       “No… That’s not right,” I half yelped. “I knew she loved you. I can tell from the way she looked at you. You’re absolutely won her heart already. How could you deny it?”

       She smiled wryly again.

       “She didn’t dare to face against the world along with me. She never had enough courage to do it. I think, that’s why she decided to leave me and getting married with Dong Hae.”

       My eyes widened in super surprise. I thought if I was on her position and Sica dumped me that way I would really going crazy. I had to admit, my best friend was tough enough. Salute for her!

       “G-getting married?”

       She nodded calmly, but pain on her face definitely couldn’t be concealed.

       “It must be hurt.”

       “I was numb, instead,” she tried to laugh, but for me it just sounded like pathetic laugh, that reflecting much more pain inside.

       And suddenly I realized other important thing.

       “And Krystal… How… how could you make any relationship with her? Don’t you think it’s too fast?”

       “I was getting drunk and she saved me from some jerks. I woke up at the next day and found myself at her flat already. She’s, you know, beautiful, and caring. I felt comfortable with her, kinda feeling I barely found with someone I just met. As simple as that, I asked her to be my girlfriend and, yeah,” she shrugged her shoulder nonchalantly. “You see, she was so nice to me as well.”

       “Well,” I was speechless. “I have no idea what to tell now. Best wishes for you two then.”

 

 

JJ

       “Annyeonghaseyo, Unnie,” Krystal greeted me politely as she popped in my sight. I came little bit earlier than her and already sat now.

       “Just call me Sica. I grew up in States. People used to call me by name. I don’t mind,” I said in cool way and found she displayed up her smile. It was not usual reaction from some people I just got to know in common as usually they avoided eye contact with me or even didn’t dare to smile. They called me as cold as ice, for your record.

       Her smile slightly softened my heart already. I didn’t really get it, but I found her was indeed a charming person.

       “I’m sure you call me because you have something important to tell. Please go ahead, Sica,” she said once she settled herself in front of me.

       “You’re so perceptive,” I commented sincerely and went on.

       “First, I want you to know that I was sort of to the point person, so I hope you won’t be surprised and don’t feel offended about what I’m going to say.”

       She smiled casually.

       “No worry. We’re on the same line then. I was kinda of person talking bluntly as well.”

       “Oh,” I unconsciously slightly taken aback as I had no idea that this calm and polite girl actually was a straightforward person.

       “Okay,” I managed to say again. “It’s about my cousin, Taeyeon.”

       “I’m listening.”

       “I know it wasn’t my business, but I really concern about her, since she’s also concern enough about me… and my relationship as well. I… I’m not sure if you two did a right thing…,” I said gingerly.

       “Excuse me?” she frowned.

       I cleared my throat and nodded.

       “You… know about her past?” I asked carefully.

       She just managed to nod.

       “Everything?” I asked in disbelief. “You knew that before you, she had crush with a girl named…”

       “Tiffany,” she finished the sentence for me. “Yes I know that.”

       “And… it didn’t bother you? I mean… you knew she just broke up not long ago…”

       “I get your question, don’t worry,” she smiled again. “And it’s a common question, actually. I can’t blame people for that and instead, I take it as positive thing, as people concern to me. I was thankful for it,” she remarked wisely and secretly I started to admire her as well.

       “People might think it’s too fast for us, but when I found myself love her and can’t let her go, I knew I had nothing to do but make her mine.”

       “Do you really love her?”

       Krystal laughed hearing my silly question.

       “What makes you think I don’t do love her?”

       “Ehm… Because… she’s… rude, maybe? She isn’t kind of person who you can fall in love easily at the first sight.”

       “Well,” Krystal shrugged her shoulder. “Call me lucky then. Because I found myself fall in love with her at the first sight with the way she wasn’t used to be,” she stated. “She’s so nice and cute to me.”

       “No, I don’t think so,” I shook in disagree, this time my statement just successfully wipe the smile away from the face.

       I gradually grinned looked at the expression and it made her confuse.

       “I think she’s the one who got lucky here. And it’s not she acted differently to you at the first time, but instead, it’s the way you see at her that made some difference. You didn’t see with your eyes only, but you used your heart also. That makes you could feel something that nobody else could see. If it went that way, I had nothing more to do with it unless give you two my total support.”

       Krystal eyes just glistened with joyful hearing my encouragement. She looked dumbfounded for a moment. I smiled complacently and slowly took her hand and clutched with mine onto the table.

       “It might be fast for the beginning, but I hope you two long last. From now, I would just drop my icy character and be nice to you.”

       She giggled hearing it. While staring at me seriously, I felt her hand squeezed mine warmly.

       “Actually, I could sense it from the beginning,” she said.

       “What?” I didn’t get it.

       “That you’re a warm ice. But I don’t expect could melt you this easy,” she smirked.

       This time I really couldn’t blame Taeyeon for choosing her.

       “I think we can be best friend,” I replied.

       “Under one condition, I think,” she said solemnly.

       “Huh???” I felt surprised with her answer. Best friend demanded condition???

       A smirk played across her beautiful face.

       “Don’t be too fierce toward your husband. She might be looked like slightly playful, but I can tell, though she might look at me for some moment, actually I could see there’s you only inside her eyes. Trust me.”

       I voluntarily smiled hearing Krystal’s remark.

       “You know what,” I replied. “I have to learn a lot from you.”

 

 

 

to be continued...