It's Him...

THE EDGE OF REVENGE (1-37 END) / OOPS YOU DIALED THE WRONG NUMBER (38-xx)

 

CHAPTER 21

 

 

 

 

       “It’s already late. What if you two stay the night here?” Tiffany offered to both Yuri and Jessica.

       “Yeah, that’s a good idea,” Taeyeon chimed in. “Moreover this is our first time gather here.”

       The new couple exchanged glance before they answered. Yuri smiled at Jessica and shrugged her shoulder. “It’s up to you, Baby,” she winked and put her hand on her shoulder.

       “Yeah, okay, I think it was good idea as well,” finally Jessica accepted Tiffany’s invitation.

       “Moreover, you can share a lot of things with your old pal, Seobang,” she said understandingly to Yuri then gaze back to Taeyeon again.

        “Yeah, I guess there are many stories you can…,” Taeyeon couldn’t finish her comment as Tiffany’s father’s voice suddenly interrupted them over there.

       “Fanny~aaa?”

       “Ouch, I guess my father needs me,” Tiffany said. “Taeng, I want you to meet my father too,” she suddenly said. Taeyeon frowned, surprised with her request.

       “Wae?”

       “I want my father know that you’re the one who take care of me during this time,” she replied. “Do you mind to meet him?”

       “Ugh… No. I’m fine with it,” she displayed a smile. “You go first. I’ll show the room for them then back to you. Okay?”

       Tiffany nodded joyfully. “Thanks, Taeng,” she smiled complacently and before hustling to approach his father, she dropped a quick peck on her cheek. “Don’t be long!” she whispered and dashed to his father’s room.

 

 

       “Appa? You haven’t slept yet?” Tiffany entered the room and greeted his father; who was sitting and facing a pile of files on the desk. She inched to him and heaved a huge sigh as she found his father was still sticking around with his work, in the middle of night.

       “Oh, hi, Fanny,” he quickly tidied up the papers and put them aside.

       Tiffany shoved a chair and sit down there; near his father.

       “These jobs never let me to rest, Fanny~aaa,” his father said, as if could read her mind.

       “But at least you have to spare some time for yourself, Appa,” she said.

        “Don’t worry. I’ll try,” he smiled.

         “I’m glad you’re here,” Tiffany said bluntly. “I never imagined you’d come just to celebrate my birthday.”

         “Jinjja?” his father asked back. “Did it really mean something to you?”

       “Appa…,” Tiffany trailed off. “Of course it really meant to me… During this time, I felt very lonely. I always thought you… never paid attention at me…,” she said feebly.

       “Mianhae, Fanny~aaa,” he said. “I didn’t mean it. I supposed to be a better father for you…”

       “Ah, no, no, I didn’t mean to say you’re wrong or else,” Tiffany hastily said as she didn’t want to ruin the atmosphere, especially on her birthday. “I just miss you, Appa.”

       “I miss you too, Fanny~aaa… Hmmm… I’ve some idea, anyway,” he touched his chin.

       Tiffany listened to him curiously.

       “What if we go for vacation?” he offered. Tiffany’s eyes widened hearing it.

       “Are you serious, Appa??” her voice sounded so bright. His father nodded seriously while smiling.

       “Yes, I will make it for you,” he said again. “Just pick the destination, Fanny~aaa.”

       Suddenly Tiffany remembered something and she paused momentarily. His father caught her expression and asked again.

       “Don’t you like it?”

       “Of course I like it… But…”

       “But what? Just tell me, Dear.”

       “Can Taeyeon go along with us?” she asked; more accurate, pleaded. “I want her join us as well… If you don’t mind…”

       “Taeyeon?” He looked baffled.

       “Yes, Appa. My assistant, the petite girl bringing the cake for me…”

       “Ahhhh, I see,” he threw a smile. “That girl… She’s really a nice girl, actually.”

       “You like her as well, Appa?” Tiffany seemed excited as his father rarely gave compliment to someone.

       “Yes. I think she’s very responsible and had a warm-hearted. And… to tell the truth, I think she’s the only one who could stand with you this far,” his father smirked.

       “Appa…. You said it as if I was the most spoiled girl in the world.”

       “Hahaha,” his father laughed. “You’re indeed,” he stated. “But you must be thankful if she could treat you well. I could imagine how tough she was.”

       “I hate to admit it in front of you, but you’re right,” Tiffany smiled. “She’s indeed tough. She’s so patient to me, Appa. She taught me so many things and…”

       “And I can see now, you’re gradually being more mature than last time I saw you. I think I should show my gratitude in a proper manner to her. Moreover… I thought she knew how to make you happy.”

       “What do you mean, Appa?”

       “Few days ago she called me. Just out of the blue… I got surprised at that time. I thought she summoned all of her courage to call me. She’s slightly stuttered when talked to me. She wondered if I’d like to do some favor… to come to Seoul. To give you a surprise on your birthday party. With all of my busy schedules, initially I wasn’t sure to make it, Fanny~aaa. But she kept persuaded me… and she told me… my presence would mean a lot for you… And she also told me… she promised would do anything for me if I made it work out… At that time I really felt so touched… I mean, she’s nobody but your assistant, but she knew well what you needed and even she promised to do anything as long as I could come here… At that time as well, I directly decided to make it happen. You’d be thankful to her…”

         Tiffany gasped in shock hearing his father remarks. Taeyeon… You… you really did a lot to me… How could I give you in return???

       Tiffany was still cogitating when suddenly a knocking sound at the door was heard. She quickly got up and smiled, as she knew it couldn’t be anybody but Taeyeon.

       “It’s Taeyeon, Appa. I want you to get to know her well,” she said.

       “I’d like too,” he nodded his head.

       “Come in, Tae!” Tiffany yelled and in a second, the petite girl popped into the room.

       “Taeee… Why took so long?” she greeted her cheerfully and beckoned her to sit beside her.

       “Sorry… I dropped myself at my room first,” she replied and when discovering the man stared at her, she hastily bowed.

       “Anneyonghaseyo, Mr. Hwang.”

       “Don’t be too formal to me, Taeyeon. Make yourself comfortable, okay?” he said.

       “Tiffany told me a lot about you. She said you’re very nice toward him. I’d like to say thank you to you, Taeyeon. I couldn’t imagine how tough your days at first,” he laughed and earned a frown from his daughter.

       “Appa…,” she pretended to be upset.

       “Ha ha ha, I just tell the truth,” he pleaded. “Anyway, we had a plan to go vacation and Tiffany wanted you to join us. Would you like it, Taeyeon?”

       Taeyeon seemed surprised with his invitation as she didn’t expect it.

       Tiffany glanced at her, giving a cue to assent it, but Taeyeon was still seemed hesitate.

       “Urghhh… Thank you, but… I’m not so sure it’d be good idea to meddle into family vacation…,” she replied doubtfully. Tiffany frowned in disappointment hearing the answer. It wasn’t like usual Taeyeon, actually.

       “What’s happened to you, Tae?” she asked wonderingly.

       “Na? Uh, nothing, Fanny~aaa… I just feel slightly awkward about it…”

       “You don’t need to feel awkward. We’re just fine about it, Taeyeon ssi,” Mr. Hwang said.

       “Uhm… I’ll think about it,” finally Taeyeon said.

       “Okay, we won’t to force you. But I hope you would change your mind. We’d be delighted if you’re joining us. Rite, Fanny~aaa?”

       “Uh-uh,” she nodded weakly; seemed disappointed with Taeyeon’s reaction.

       “Anyway, Taeyeon ssi, did Tiffany have any boyfriend during this time?” Mr. Hwang suddenly asked out of the blue; making the both girls jolted in surprise.

       “I didn’t have any, Appa. Waeyo?” Tiffany quickly answered.

       “Ah, nothing,” his father smiled. “I’d like to introduce you with the son of my friend. He’s good looking and very kind,” he continued. For a moment, Tiffany and Taeyeon exchanged glance and Tiffany already known the expression changing on Taeyeon’s face.

       “Why so sudden, Appa?” she tried to be as poised as possible. “I don’t think I’m interested on that kind of thing yet.”

       “Why not?” Mr. Hwang persisted. “There’s no harm; you just get to know him. After all, the decision is up to you. But I really hope you begin to think about it, Fanny~ahhh. You’re already grown up.”

       “I don’t want to ruin my career, Appa,” she pleaded.

        “Don’t worry about it, Fanny~ahhh. He would understand you. Trust me, okay? Just give him a chance. I’m sure you’d like him.”

       “But, Appa…,” Tiffany still tried to negotiate, but suddenly Taeyeon chimed in after clearing . Seemed she couldn’t stand it anymore.

       “Umm, Mr. Kim, Fanny, I think I have something to do in my room,” she said and rose from the chair.

       “Please take your time,” Mr. Hwang replied.

        “Thank you, Mr. Hwang. It’s nice to meet you and thanks for the offer as well.”

       After giving a bow a little toward him she just left the room without saying anything to Tiffany again. Tiffany surely noticed what was happened to her girlfriend.

       “Um, Appa… It’s already late… I think you’re better going to your bed. You must be exhausted,” she quickly suggested. His father nodded understandingly.

       “Okay. You have to get rest as well. Jal ja,” he replied.

       “Jal jayo, Appa,” she said and hastily left the room; catching up for Taeyeon.

 

 

TIFFANY POINT OF VIEW

       It’s already dark when I reached her room. Yes, her room, not mine. I knew whenever she felt bad she would just dodge me and back to her room. But though all the lights were already off, I knew she hadn’t fell asleep yet. I carefully climbed onto her small bed, and she didn’t release any reaction, still. My hand wandered toward her and I felt it touched her skin of arms. I let my hand run across her body and finally touched her cheek. I caressed it gently but suddenly she slightly shrieked.

       “Ouch,” she tried to hold it but I could hear it clearly, still.

       “W-what’s up, Taeng?” I jolted in surprise and hastily the lamp on the nearly table.

       She tried to cover her face but I gently held her palm down to see what was happening and I suddenly noticed a bluish dot at the corner of her lips. Yes, it was the result of my fool. It’s caused by my slap. I felt very bad about it and another guilty feeling was popped in my heart. How could I always hurt her? I was really girlfriend…

       “Taeng, I’m sorry,” I said sincerely; my voice was crack.

       But again, as usual, she always seemed so understanding toward me. She shook her head, though I could still felt pain in her eyes, and smiled at me.

       “Gwaenchana. It wasn’t your fault. And I just startled; it’s not as hurt as you thought.”

       “No, that’s no right. It couldn’t be justified… I was so rude to you. I shouldn’t have slapped you… Mianhae, Taeng,” I shook my head; dreadfully sorry.

       “Aish, uljima,” she said and wiped my tears. “I’m fine. Jinjja,” she assured me.

    I didn’t answer her again; instead, I slid down from my sitting position; now I was lying on the bed; facing her. I curled my arm around her waist and leaned my chin on her shoulder. Our cheek brushed for a moment.

       “Taeng… I knew you’re upset about what my father said…,” I began to talk again and trailed off; wasn’t sure what I was going to say. She remained silence.

         Finally she responded. “There’s nothing more to do with it, Fanny~aaah. Every parent want to see their daughter gets married with a man,” she replied calmly. Her remarks were indeed making a sense; however for me, it just kind of words I never expected to hear from her. Why she seemed about give up? She didn’t seem like Taeyeon I used to know.

       “Taeng… You…’re trying to say… you just will let it flow? You don’t intend to struggle for us?” I collected my courage before asking; anticipating her answer. I was afraid of being hurt.

       “It wasn’t like that,” she said dubiously. “I just tried to think from your father point of view,” she continued and touched my cheek. She it gently and I closed my eyes as I wanted to relish it.

       “I’m afraid, Taeng,” I finally admitted. “I’m afraid you’re giving up on us.”

       She didn’t answer; but kept caressing me, then pulled me into her chest. I buried my head into it and she embraced me tightly. She rubbed my back lovingly and both of us just drifted into a silence for a moment.

       “I love you, Tiffany Hwang. I will always love you. Do you know it?” she whispered genuinely near my ears. I still didn’t lift my head, but I nodded; my arms tighten her back. We both were too big to be stuffed onto her small bed, but I didn’t care about it as the most comfortable place for me was no other than inside her hug. Not long afterward, I felt asleep; my hand never let her go off from me all the night.

 

 

 

       Morning was coming. I found myself was still at the same position as last night. I smiled happily when I discovered her was still hugging me as well. I couldn’t help but caressing her face; but then I got startled as I felt her was slightly warm and her face was bit pale.

       Suddenly she opened her eyes and half-consciously she greeted me. “Morning, Fanny~aaa…”

       “Tae… Are you okay? You’re slightly hot.”

       “I’m indeed hot,” she smiled cutely and I shook my head.

       “I’m serious, Taeng. You’re sick, don’t you?”

       “Aniya,” she shook her head. “Maybe just lack of sleep. I’ll be fine. Don’t worry, Fanny~aaah. Today you have photo session with Sica, rite?” she reminded me.

       “Yes,” I heaved a huge sigh, still didn’t believe she didn’t care about her health and instead, still remembered my schedule well.

       “Ppali sawohaera!” she asked me to showering quickly. “I’d drop you…”

       “No,” I hastily rejected. “You’re not going anywhere today. You need to rest.”

       “Wae?” she frowned. “I told you I’d be fine.”

       “Would you listen to me, please?” I asked her patiently and cupped her cheeks. I stared at her and finally I saw her gave in.

       “But who would drop you?”

       “I can drive by myself. Moreover, Sica is going along with me. I’d tell Yuri to stay with you if she doesn’t have any other plan for today. Okay?”

       She just nodded cutely and I grinned in victory. I dropped her morning kiss then rose from the bed and left her there. I smiled secretly discovering how cute she was when she acted tamely toward me. Taeyeon~aaa, I love you.

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon’s Point of View

       I absolutely knew what was happened to me. I couldn’t sleep properly during the night. I felt so awful. After Tiffany and Jessica left, I found myself was still on my bed, musing. I clenched my fists as the scenes just played back in my mind.

I stood in front of the door for a moment, in hope she’d listen to me but finally I realized it would only be fruitless. She would never listen to me when she’s still overwhelmed with her tantrum. So it’d be better to give her some space and… moreover, it would just be a matter of time. Afterward, Jessica and her girlfriend would come and she’d find that she’d been mistaken to me. And everything would be fine. I smiled and wend downstairs. I glanced at my watch and it revealed 5 minutes to 12. I carefully inched to the entrance and was about to open it as I knew they’re all already reached this place. I plastered up a smile as I knew I’d meet him, Tiffany’s father - the one that I’ve been asked a favor to join this surprise party. I smiled imagining her surprising reaction later, discovering her father was here. I opened the door and found him, trailed by Jessica and Yuri behind.

I was frozen for a moment before greeting them.

“A-annyeonghaseyo,” finally I could composure myself and bowed toward him.

“Annyeonghaseyo,” he greeted back and smiled. “You must be Taeyeon.”

I nodded again and didn’t say anything. At that time I could feel my heart pumped faster and my head felt so heavy. I barely could think about anything. My eyes widened and I struggled hard to act as normal as possible. I slightly trembled, but thanks God, it was dark, so there’s nobody could notice the change on me. Taking some time to put myself together again, finally I could make it.

Displaying a fake calmness I gestured them to come in and then, the scenes just happened as told above…

 

       “Hey, dude, how do you feel?” Suddenly Yuri had already stood beside my bed. I didn’t notice when she came. She took a sit beside me and looked me with concern.

       “Tiffany said you’re sick. What if I call a doctor to check you up?”

       “It isn’t necessary, Yul,” I replied briefly.

       She paused for a moment before speaking up again. “Hey, what’s up?”

       “What what’s up?” I asked back and she shook her head in disbelief.

       “Ah… stop pretending in front of me, Kim Taeyeon. I knew you even since you’re still in diaper.”

       “You didn’t seem well. Are you getting fever?” She touched my forehead and I remained silence.

       “No,” I replied briefly again.

       “Did you have any row last night?” she guessed again. “Ah… It’s impossible. She’s so happy last night,” she inferred, answering for herself.

       “Just share with me, would you?” she persuaded me. Finally I tilted my head and looked at her.

       “This time there’s nobody can help me,” I heaved a huge sigh. She frowned and threw me a baffle look.

       “How could it be? You even haven’t told me yet.”

       “Because it’s depending on me,” I said.

       “Don’t make me confuse, Taeng,” she said.

       “I think I’d break up with her,” finally I told her. She was jolted in surprise but I didn’t change my expression. I stayed cool.

       “Eotteohke???”

       “You mustn’t be serious…”

       “How could you think I wasn’t serious in this kind of thing, Yul?”

       “Because… Because… it’s really absurd, Taeng. I know how much you love her and how much she loves you as well… I couldn’t reason anything out about your decision. You’re going to hurt her a lot if you break up… ”

       “And I would hurt her much more if I just still stay with her.”

       “I… I don’t get it… Don’t you love her?”

       “I love her, Yul. That’s why I take this decision. I don’t want her to hurt more.”

        “I still didn’t get it.”

        “You remember what I’ve ever told you if one day I found person that caused my father die?”

       She gulped and nodded confusingly.

       “Good then. Tell me?”

       “You… you’d destroy his life… until he felt the death is better than his own life…”

       “But… but… what… what the correlation with Tiffany, Taeng?”

       “His father,” I said firmly. “The man who killed my father was Tiffany’s father.”

       “Last night I already felt my evil side was emerging again… very vehemently… My grudge was creeping over my body… The twinge of pain was popped up again… The wound from the past came again… And I knew… I would never control this too long… Tiffany’s innocent and I loved her, and I didn’t want to hurt her… Maybe… just maybe… I can forgive his father… and forget it all, by staying away from her… Forget her… It’s the best way I can do to protect her… Because as long as I still be with her, I’m sure I would never erase my grudge… I’ll always want to take the revenge…”

 

 

 

 

to be continued...