THE PROMISE

THE EDGE OF REVENGE (1-37 END) / OOPS YOU DIALED THE WRONG NUMBER (38-xx)

 

Hi my beloved readers,

I guarantee you would like this chapter.

You will be happy with some surprises I provided here.

Yeah, your wishes were granted here!

 

CHAPTER 10

 

 

 

       Tiffany was still sobbing at the same place alone, as Jessica already left few minutes ago since her father needed her help at his office.

       She even didn’t have any idea whether her tears would be able to stop or not. All she could felt was only lost. Yes, she felt lost. She also didn’t have any idea why she experienced this feeling, whereas Taeyeon was nobody. Taeyeon was only someone who ever worked for her. That’s all. But somehow, Taeyeon’s disappearance gave her such a great misery that was hard to describe.

       All of Tiffany’s mind was still concentrating at the one who got away, as she didn’t realized of any other presence in front of her.

       “Hey, my angel, what made you cry?”

       Tiffany lifted her head shockingly as she recognized that familiar man voice. And her eyes caught a figure that she really didn’t want to talk or see again. Not after he revealed his real face by asking her ity.

       “None of your business!” Tiffany replied rudely, while wiped her tears and tried her best to soothe her swollen eyes. But the man was putting his fake-concern-expression and shaking his head.

       “Oh, Babygirl, why do you keep being rude at me?” he asked and smirked.

       “I won’t be rude to you if you just stay away from my life!” Tiffany stated while glaring at Siwon.

       Simon was releasing a disparaging laugh. He stepped forward to approach her ex-girlfriend. He was kneeling up and touching Tiffany by her chin, and raising up a little, make Tiffany facing him now.

       “Look at you now, Baby,” he said. “You’re look so vulnerable. So fragile. So weak,” he said dramatically. “You need someone beside you. Someone like me,” he said confidently.

       Tiffany just looked at him with shudder gaze. Quickly she yanked Siwon’s hand away from her chin. She was glaring again toward the shameless guy.

       “I can take care of myself! I give you last warning. Just stay away from me or…,” Tiffany exclaimed and began to stand up. Siwon just smirked and follow to stand up.

       “Or what?” he raised one of his elbow and put her hand on his chin, mocking Tiffany.

       “Tell me, what you gonna do if I don’t stay away from you,” he was whispering and leaned forward, trapped Tiffany between wall and him. His both arm were at both side of Tiffany’s body now. His face was very close with Tiffany; their noses were brushing. Even Tiffany could felt Siwon’s breath tickled her neck now. She was staring at the guy frantically. Siwon smiled satisfyingly when he caught her dreadful gaze.

       “Ah… I know you only threatened me,” he smiled. “And oh yeah, where is your fierce bodyguard anyway?” Siwon asked playfully.

       Didn’t hear any answer from Tiffany, he just smirked again.

       “Ahaaaa… I guess she didn’t work for you any longer, huh?”

       “Why? You made her sick? She just gave up with your attitude?” Simon guessed.

       When heard Siwon’s words, suddenly Tiffany felt hurt again; moreover what Simon was guessing was the truth. Yes, she was sick of me. She gave up with my attitude, with my bad temper. And it… hurt me… a lot.

       Siwon put an impassive expression when he suddenly forced to put his lips toward Tiffany’s lips, while his both hands held Tiffany’s hand tight so she wouldn’t be able to impede his action. He forced another peck again, again, and again. And all Tiffany could do was only sobbing desperately. Her tears were keeping streaming down.

       Finally Siwon stopped his action when he felt Tiffany didn’t continue her futile weak struggle.

       “You know, Babygirl,” he said again. “You shouldn’t fight with me,” he smirked. “You know I always get what I want. We should make it in such a proper way, but you force me to do it,” he continued scoffingly.

       Tiffany was glaring at him with most disgusting look ever and just spit on his face. The smile was suddenly disappearing from his face, turning into scowl expression as he felt very offended by Tiffany’s action.

       “You’re cheap !” he yelled and rudely torn Tiffany’s shirt with his left hand, while his right hand was lifted, about to slap Tiffany. Tiffany was only can squint her eyes to receive his attack.

       But Tiffany never felt the hit. Few seconds just been passed. She opened her eyes and just got shock with what she was witnessing now. The one… the one that she thought will never saw her again in her house – was glaring at the jerk and grasping his hand tight – protect her from the hit.

       Tiffany was stepping backward a few steps, still couldn’t believe of what she was seeing now.

       “DON’T YOU DARE TO TOUCH HER AGAIN!” Taeyeon exclaimed with all of her fury in her tone. Then she was gritting her teeth and clenching her hand, about to release a punch that actually she had already wanted to do from long time ago, if only Tiffany didn’t interrupt her.

       The next scene happened before both Tiffany and Siwon had recovered yet was only a hard punch that was released by angry Taeyeon. Siwon was in pain. His disgusting face was turning into painful expression. His nose was bleeding and Taeyeon caught it gradually turned into bluish, as it would be a bruise.

       Taeyon was still standing in front of Tiffany and facing the jerk. Afterward, Tiffany could caught that Siwon was a far cry from previous, either it was because of Taeyeon’s presence or it was because of Taeyeon’s punch; however it was obvious that Siwon was little bit trembling, while Taeyeon was still scowling at him. He was not displaying his scoff face anymore. Seemed Taeyeon had already sent shivers up and down his spine.

       Slowly, shameful, Siwon was stepping backward, about to leave. He still got a last chance to release an enigmatic look toward them before finally he was out from their sight.

       Now there was only silence left.

       It was really awkward situation.

       Taeyeon was confusing about what to do. She even didn’t ever expect would back to this house again.

       “W-why?” Finally Tiffany opened up , released a question with stuttering voice.

       Taeyeon was remaining silent, but she was squinting her eyes, struggling to hold her tears. Somehow, she felt hurt very much, witnessing the jerk hurt Tiffany.

       “WHY YOU DIDN’T ANSWER MY QUESTION?” Tiffany asked desperately.

       “IF YOU REGRET TO SAVE ME, YOU BETTER DON’T COME AND LET HIM ME OR WHATEVER HE LIKES. I DON’T CARE, TAEYEON! I DON’T CARE!” Tiffany exclaimed in her frustration.

       Then she just uncurbed sobbing. Taeyeon couldn’t hold it anymore.

       DAMN YOU, DIGNITY!

       She abruptly opened her arm and hug sobbing-Tiffany tightly. Tiffany snuggled into her chest, soaked all of her tears into Taeyeon. They were remaining silent in the same position for a while. Taeyeon was rubbing Tiffany’s back to soothe her.

       Finally, when Taeyeon felt Tiffany wasn’t sobbing as hard as before, she cupped her hand at Tiffany’s cheek, lift Tiffany head to face them. She could see how swollen Tiffany’s eyes now. She wiped off the tears gently, and… landed a gentle peck at Tiffany’s forehead.

       “Don’t cry again, Tiffany,” she whispered. “I don’t wanna see you cry,” she continued sincerely.

       “Let’s change your clothes,” she asked when she caught Tiffany’s shirt was torn apart.

       Tiffany didn’t make any movement.

       “Answer my question, Taeyeon. I need an explanation…,” she said weakly.

       Taeyeon was gulping. After a long sigh, she finally opened up .

       “I ever promised you, I won’t let anybody hurt you, Tiffany.”

       “So… you saved me just because you didn’t want to break your promise?” Tiffany asked again, couldn’t hide disappointment tone in her voice.

       “If I don’t have any value anymore in front of you, Taeyeon,” Tiffany released some words. “Better you don’t come to my life again. It will be hard if there’s no you in my life, but it will be much harder if you just come and go just to dig a deeper wound in my heart like this.”

       “And you… you really need to punch him because of me. I ever told you, he can sue you because of it,” Tiffany shook her head.

       “What if I don’t give a damn about it, Tiffany?” Taeyeon finally answered while staring at Tiffany.

       “W-what did you mean?”

       “What if I don’t care about it? I don’t care whether he will sue me or not, whether I will end up at jail or not. I don’t give a damn,” Taeyeon shook her head. “Because I don’t want to see you cry, I don’t want to see you hurt.”

       “The only person who can make me cry and hurt most was…”

       “Only you, Taeyeon,” Tiffany said after bitting her lips.

       “Taeyeon,” Tiffany called her name. “Are you going to leave me again?” she asked carefully. There’s so much pain in her voice. Actually, it was a most dreadful question she was asking about, as she really wasn’t sure could deal with Taeyeon’s answer.

       But, abruptly, Taeyeon wrapped her arm around Tiffany’s back and pulled her closer toward her. Their chest met. Tiffany was leaning her chin on Taeyeon shoulder and vice versa.

       “I’m not going to leave you again. I will never leave you again, Tiffany. I promise you,” Taeyeon was whispering sincerely.

       For a moment, Tiffany’s eyes wear bugging out, as she heard a statement that she even wasn’t able to dream of.

       “T-Taeyeon?” Tiffany asked in her disbelief. “I-is it true?” she was stuttering.

       Taeyeon was released her from her hug and looked into her eyes now.

       “Do you see any pokerface here?” Taeyeon asked.

       “Taeyeon… You-you forgive me?” Tiffany asked, still in her disbelief.

       Taeyeon smiled warmly.

       “Already, Tiffany,” she said. “Everytime when I see you hurt, my heart was getting hurt too,” she admitted.

       Tiffany’s tears were streaming down again, but this time, it was a happiness tears.

       “Tiffany?” Taeyeon called her name softly.

       “Ne?”

       “Do my favor, please?”

       “Anything. Anything Taeyeon…,” Tiffany quickly replied.

       “Let me take a good care of you from now on,” she said and smiled gently, made Tiffany’s tongue stuck and couldn’t release any single words anymore; but Tiffany realized, today, a girl had already brightened her life with her promising words, that was the most precious thing she ever got in her life.

 

 

 

tbc