DON'T CRY, TAENG!

THE EDGE OF REVENGE (1-37 END) / OOPS YOU DIALED THE WRONG NUMBER (38-xx)

 

CHAPTER 13

 

 

       Taeyeon jerked and seemed absent-minded for a moment after reading the letter as though her soul was hovering over her body; however by the next second, she’d regained her consciousness again and hustled over her cell-phone and jabbed on Tiffany’s number with her trembling finger. Her beat was terribly pounding as the tense was overwhelmed her mind since her call was end up to mailbox over and over again. She groaned in frustration and abruptly dialed another number; which was the only hope for her now. Finally, it was being hung up at the third line.

      “Sica! Sica! You should help me,” Taeyeon’s voice was squeky with nerves.

        “Taeyeon? Cool down, please,” Jessica tried to soothe her anxiety.

       “Sica… Have you’d known that Tiffany left?”

       “She told me before leaving to the airport, Taeng.”

       “Gosh! W-what time? W-what time her flight will depart?” Taeyeon stuttered.

       “Taeyeon, listen to me. You may not able to catch her up,” Jessica tried to think rationally.

       “Just tell me, Sica, please. Had she already left?”

       “No. She’s supposed to be still at the airport. Her flight was scheduled to depart at 9 am,” Jessica finally told her. “It’s XXX Airlines.”

       Taeyeon glanced at her watch. It was 7:50 am. Actually it’s really impossible to catch her up. Jessica was right that she’s supposed to not make it but Taeyeon seemed doesn’t care.

       “Gosh! I’ve to hurry. Thanks Sica!” Taeyeon didn’t wait for Jessica’s reply and immediately rang off the phone.

       Then she grabbed car key on the table – that actually was Tiffany’s – and rushing into car. She the engine and just drove recklessly with ghastly speed. She was speeding at the highway and didn’t think about anything else but Tiffany. She gripped the steer wheel tightly until she felt her muscle was tense. She glimpsed again at the digital clock at the dashboard and it was 8.15 now.

        She was in the edge of her crying as she knew it was almost impossible to get Tiffany back. She realized that once Tiffany left, she would never get any chance to meet her again. She would lose her forever. And now she knew she really didn’t want it to happen. She wanted to live with her. Because she… loves her.

       Taeyeon arrived at the airport at 8:20 and even she didn’t park her car well; however she didn’t give a damn about it. She jumped out from the car and hustled over the people and suddenly she realized that it’s no way for her even to enter the gate since she didn’t have any ticket or boarding pass. She was only allowed to enter the main building and has to stop at the first line ticket scanning. And though she found some way to pass it, it was also impossible to pass immigration too. She’s really no hope this time.

       She hauled up her cell-phone again in desperate. She was rushing type some text and send for Tiffany, numerously.

 

Fani, please don’t go.

Fani, don’t leave me.

Fani, I’m sorry. Don’t go. I need you.

Fani, I’m fool.

Fani, saranghae… saranghae… saranghae..

 

       She leaned against the wall desperately as she knew her flooding message even hadn’t been delivered yet. Seemed Tiffany turned off his cell-phone. This time, Taeyeon really couldn’t bear his tears again. She was crying hard and hopelessly at the corner of building, just like a child. She probably knew, she had attracted some people gaze, but she really didn’t care about it. She didn’t feel shame or else. All the thing she wanted were Tiffany cancelled the flight and back to her. Now she knew, the broken heart was really could kill someone.

       She continued sobbing and covered her face with her palms, until she felt someone tapped her gingerly. She lifted her head and caught a man in the middle-age – probably about 40 years old - in security uniform was crouching in front of her.

       The man regarded her with a concern look and thrown a gentle smile.

       “Is there any matter? Can I help you?”

       Seemed the security man consider her age was around 16-17 years old due to her appearance and for the first time Taeyeon really found it as a blessing. Suddenly Taeyeon got a crazy idea, but she didn’t have another choice yet she thought in this kind of circumstance, anything was worth to try!

       She nodded her head feebly and still continuing sobbing.

       “I… I lost my sister,” she said.

       The security man frowned and kept listening.

       “Do you have any idea where she was?”

       Taeyeon quickly nodded her head. “She’s supposed to at the boarding room now.”

       “We’re heading to LA and the flight is scheduled to depart at 9,” Taeyeon quickly said.

       The man’s eyes were bugging out and briskly half-yelled to her.

       “Oh it’s no way!” he exclaimed then glanced at the schedule information display hanging on the wall.

       “Gosh! It’s boarding now!” he jerked.

       “Do you have her number? Do you have your passport?”

       Taeyeon shook.

       “Everything was on her hand,” she lied. “And her cell-phone was turned off!”

       “Wait! Wait!” the man was panic. “Great! My HT was also this time!” the man mumbled.

       “Okay, let’s come with me,” finally he held Taeyeon hand and towed her in a rush.

       Both of them just easily passed many tickets securities scanning and finally they stopped at the information announcement counter, exact before immigration counter.

       “Miss, would you please announce a call for…,” the man suddenly stopped and eyed at Taeyeon.

       “Tiffany Hwang,” Taeyeon chimed in. “Say that Kim Taeyeon was waiting for her – here.”

       “Okay, okay!” the woman behind the counter immediately grabbed the microphone and began to announce.

       But Taeyeon was still feeling it wasn’t enough and suddenly out of the blue she was leaning forward and opened up in front of microphone and began to talk fast.

       “Tiffany Hwang, this is Kim Tae Yeon, please don’t go!!! I’m waiting for you. Open up your message…”

       But Taeyeon couldn’t finish her sentence as she felt a pair of hands was pulling her away. It was the security man actually. Both the woman and the security man were glaring at her. Taeyeon put her sad and innocent marks again on her face.

       “What are you doing???” the man yelled at her.

       “Joisonghamnida… joisonghamnida,” she sobbed. “I… I was too afraid she wasn’t listening for the announcement. I was panic. I thought she would notice more if she heard my voice!” she said.

       Gradually, both man and woman’s anger were ebbed. They shook their head in concern again.

       “How could your sister just left you like that?” the woman asked.

       “No, it… it wasn’t like that,” Taeyeon stuttered. “We accidentally separated due to crowd of people,” she managed to lie.

       “Is it really your sister?” the man asked confusingly. “I heard you call her by her name, not unnie or else.”

       Taeyeon was almost took aback but she could manage herself again.

       “Uh, yes… sometimes… I called her just by name. We… we… we are Korean born America,” she built another lie again. “So, it’s common to call her just by name.”

       Minutes and minutes just passed by. It was hitting 9 am already. The man looked at her in concern again.

       “I think she didn’t hear the announcement,” finally Taeyeon spoke up. This time she tried to handle her tears. “I suppose to back home and reschedule my flight,” she continued and eagerly wanted to disappear as soon as she could. It was no meaning to stand there any longer; moreover she probably would rose up their suspicious at the end.

       “Ahjussi, Unnie, thank you for your help,” she bowed.

       “Gwaenchana,” they replied in unison. “I hope you can get in touch with her as soon as possible,” the woman said.

 

 

 

 

 

       Taeyeon smiled pathetically while sitting down at the couch, outside the airport building. Her look was vacant. It was 15 minutes already since she left the announcement counter. She never felt this desperate during his life. Apart of her father’s death.

       This is the second time she felt another pang after all. Once when his father passed away. And she knew she needed several times to finally get over it. And for her new wound, she really had no idea whether she could survive for the second time or not. It was different, between losing her parent and losing someone she’d really wanted to live with.

       Both of them caused the pain, indeed, however she found a significant difference between them. Losing her father wasn’t really under her control; while losing Tiffany was absolutely, affirmatively, definitely, because of her fool.

       Will I never see you again, Tiffany? She typed again on her mobile phone. I’m losing you because I’m a fool. Perhaps I deserve that. A fool didn’t deserve you. You deserve better. She smiled pathetically and paused for a moment, then typing again. I’m sorry I was too late to realize my feelings toward you. I used to straight. But meeting you’d already change everything. I learnt that love wasn’t limited by gender or else. Love is a feeling that can make everything became out of sense. She paused again and mused. Then continuing. What should I do without you, Tiffany? Tell me, what I suppose to do? Tiffany, I need you so badly. You may not believe this, but I’d like to sell my soul, Tiffany, just for getting another chance to turn back time and tell you… that I really love you.

       Then she pressed SEND button though she knew it would end up useless.

       She felt her tears were running down her cheeks again but she was too tired to wipe it dry since she knew it would keep streaming and would never be stopped again.

       Taeyeon was flicking her cell-phone backward and forward aimlessly, still with blank mind and gaze.

       Her cell phone was vibrating and she glanced on in uninterestingly.

       What if I couldn’t forget you?

       She typed some texts fast. It’s okay. Because I’ve hurt you too much.

       It was another text coming.

       But you’re getting hurt too, right?

       She typed again. Gwaenchana. I deserve that because I’m a fool. And pressing SEND.

       But suddenly, she jerked as though her sober was back to her. Her heart was dreadfully pounding. Is it real??? Why her mobile phone was active??? She’s supposed to on the flight now, right???

       Still dumbfounding, she got another message.

       BABO. Uljima…

       Being confuse between reality and delusion she smacked her head dramatically. But she was still awaking. It wasn’t a dream.

       Am I dreaming? If this is a dream, please don’t let me wake up.

       I’ll tell you later whether you’re dreaming or not after you’re answering my question. HOW MUCH DO YOU LOVE ME?

       Taeyeon frowned for a moment.

       What I suppose to answer? Hangungeo were only 41; alphabets were only 26. All of them were never been enough to build some words to describe how great my love for you. All the things I can tell you are only this: I will never brave enough to promise you happiness but I’m willingly to do my best to take you into it. I will bring you into a world of love and joy. I will always be there for you, I want you to be my side when I wake up in the morning, I want you share all of your joy and sorrow with me, I want you enjoy every touch and every kiss I give, I want my hug works when you’re crying, I want to be someone who can ease your pain, and you need to know I will never feel alive without you. You’re my ectasy, you’re my oxygen, you’re my universe.

       Then she pressed SEND.

       There’s no more reply. She was waiting patiently for minutes to minute.

       Until she felt a little breathless. Her heart was thumping again.

       Her nose recognized the scent.

       A pair of hand was wrapping around her waist from behind.

       A chin was resting on her shoulder.

       Taeyeon felt numb, couldn’t move her body.

       They were both drifting into the silence.

       Until Taeyeon felt a drop of water touching her neck. It initially a little; but gradually begin to soak her neck shirt.

       “Babo…,” finally she heard some husky voice said near her ear.

       “Babo….,” she repeated again while sobbing, but never loosens her hug from Taeyeon.

       “Fani~aaaa…, is it really you?” Taeyeon asked incredulously.

       She couldn’t see her as she wasn’t able to tilt her head since Tiffany hugged her too tight but she could felt Tiffany nodded her head.

       “You really don’t go?” she asked in disbelief.

       “You heard my announcement?” she asked again.

       “Clearly,” Tiffany whispered. “Stupid. How could you do that, Kim Tae Yeon? Did you break the rule? You’re not supposed to announce by yourself…”

       “I’ll do anything to prevent you left, Tiffany. I didn’t care any other thing else,” she shook her head then carefully tilted her head, staring at the face that she really missed a lot.

       She cupped Tiffany’s cheeks gently and angling her head. Tiffany was following her. Their nose brushed. And slowly, their lips met.

       “Promise me, never leave me again, Tiffany. I can’t imagine live without you,” Taeyeon begged sincerely.

       Tiffany couldn’t help but smiled happily yet felt so touched. She nodded her head and landed another kiss at top of Taeyeon’s head.

       “Promise me the same thing, Taeng. Coz I also couldn’t spend my days without you,” she asked.

       “I’ve been a fool once, Tiffany. I won’t be fool again,” she assured. “Coz I love you so much.”

       “I’ve already read all of your text, Taeng,” she said. “You already made me trapped deeper into your love,” she shook her head in disbelief. “I’m so lucky to have you in my life.”

       Taeyeon pecked her lips again. “We both lucky to have each other,” she smiled satisfyingly, then slowly got up. Their fingers were intertwining.

       “Let’s go home. I’m glad I get a chance to begin a new life with you,” she said sincerely.

       “Me too, Love,” she said and rewarded one more kiss before they got into the car.

       And began to start a new life.

 

 

 

 

to be continued...

 

If you think it's the end, you're wrong then :)

It's just the beginning...

before they face many obstacles in their love life...

Pray for them, because life isn't as simple as that...