BITTER AND SWEET

THE EDGE OF REVENGE (1-37 END) / OOPS YOU DIALED THE WRONG NUMBER (38-xx)

CHAPTER 30

 

 

 

 

       Krystal slummed herself onto one of the chairs in front of the cafetaria located on Itaewon. The sun already sunken and there’s only dim light surrounded her. But seemed she didn’t care that much. It’s time for her to enjoy “me time”, without any disturbance from either anything or anybody. And also, it had been almost a week since she broke up with the girl she actually knew would be hard to be eliminated from her heart for sure.

       The last time she got update from Taeyeon was about four days ago and didn’t really know why, all the things she realized at the next second was her fingers already dialed her ex number. It didn’t take too long until the voice she used to miss answered her call.

       “Krys?” Taeyeon greeted. “Are you doing fine?” she asked again.

       Krystal unconsciously smiled. She never changed. She always caring and lovely, the way she was. But one thing i should remember, she’s no longer mine, and maybe actually would never be mine...

       “I’m fine, Tae. How about you?”

       Taeyeon chuckled and nodded though Krystal couldn’t see her. “I’m good here...”

       “Just... good?” Krystal asked. “I hope you said great. Wasn’t Director Kim would never be just good?”

       Krystal teasingful question succeed made Taeyeon smiled a little. She only managed to chuckle again then.

       “Erhmmm... Then why on earth the princess call me if she’s doing good?”

       “So The Princess can’t make a call toward the Director if there’s something bad happened to her?” Krystal replied jokingly.

       “Aigooo. You know it isn’t what I was talking about,” Taeyeon trailed off for a moment. “But thank you for calling. Actually now I’m indeed need someone to talk... if you have time...”

       “Silly,” Krystal chimed in. “Just start your talk. I’m listening now,” she said solemnly.

       “It’s about Tiffany...”

       “Yeah, I’d guessed it. Your tone already told me.”

       “You know me so well, Krys.”

       “Take it as a compliment, Tae. So, what I missed?”

       “Finally Tiffany decided to continue the medication...”

       “But?”

       “H-how could you know there’s ‘but’...”

       Krystal giggled again on Taeyeon’s innocent question.

       “There’s always ‘but’ for such remarks. So... but what...?”

       “But... all the things were only be fruitless unless she finds bone marrow which was suit with her.”

       “And the clock keeps ticking,” Krystal added.

       “Yes... I have no idea whether it’s a good one or bad one... Actually, her brother’s matched with hers.”

       “And... but again...?”

       “But... her brother hated her so much. He put all the blame on her, for causing her mother died in attempt to save her from some truck crash.”

       “And... then... what Tiffany wanted you to do?” Krystal confused.

       “No... Actually... she even bothered to tell me about it, that her brother’s one matched with hers. She must’ve don’t want me to make much more effort as she thought finally there’s nothing would work at all. She didn’t want me felt so guilty for being not able to save her...”

       “She’s such a great lover, Tae. You’re so lucky to have her,” Krystal commented sincerely.

       Krystal’s sincere words just made Taeyeon realized that actually it wasn’t only Tiffany, the girl who already been a great lover. Krystal herself deserved to get the predicate. She had shown her love in such a wonderful way by letting Taeyeon go finding her true love, instead of keeping her for herself, that not every lover can do.

       “Taetae? Are you still there?” Krystal frowned.

       “Y-yes,”Taeyeon replied. “I... just... think what I’m going to do...,” she managed to answer.

       “I think you have to make some approach to her brother.”

       “I think so,” Taeyeon said briefly. At that time, she heard the door behind her was squeaking open and Luna’s head popped out.

       “Tiffany is looking for you,” she gave the cue.

       “Krys, I got to go now.”

       “Yeah, I heard that. Take very good care of her, okay? Don’t let her down. At these hard moment like this, all the things she need so bad is only you, Taeyeon. Meanwhile, I’d put my prayer for you two.”

       Taeyeon’s eyes now were teary, touched by the beautiful girls’ remark.

       Who am I, until God granted me two wonderful girls with wonderful love sometimes I thought I wasn’t that good to deserve them...

 

 

 

       “Taetae...”

       Taeyeon smiled and landed a kiss on her wife’s forehead before finally pulling away to look at her again.

       “What were you doing outside?”

       “I talked with Krystal,” Taeyeon replied honestly. “You didn’t get jealous, did you?” she asked, a little bit worry.

       Tiffany giggled and reached Taeyeon again, so now their face was very close each other.

       “Should I?”

       Taeyeon shook her head doubtfully, but at the next second she turned into nodding her head. It made Tiffany giggled again.

       “Huh? So you want me to be jealous or not?” Tiffany asked teasingly.

       “Ermmmm... yes...” Taeyeon shyly confessed. “But just a little...,” she added again innocently.

       “Ermmm... to show... that... at least... you... have... the sense... that... you... possess me...”

       Tiffany let out a louder giggle afterward. She’s so cute. Her confession really drove me crazy. How could on earth an arrogant boss like her spilled out such an admission like that? She wanted me showed my possesiveness??

       Tiffany couldn’t help again but finally sticking her lips toward hers. Deep and passionately, while her arms curling around Taeyeon’s neck.

       “I love you, Taetae,” she whispered. “I really in love with you.”

       “Me too, Fanny~ya.”

       “Krys... said... she’d pray for us...,” Taeyeon managed to say in the middle of her hard breathe.

       “What else she said?” Tiffany asked curiously. Though didn’t really have a good knowedge about her, deep inside her heart she started to adore the girl.

       “She also told me... to take a very good care of you and to never let you down...”

       Now Tiffany couldn’t hide her surprise expession.

       “W-wae?” Taeyeon asked, afraid she spoke something wrong.

       “I wonder how does she look like... I think she’s really a beautiful girl with beautiful heart, Taeyeon...”

       Taeyeon didn’t deny it, but also she didn’t add some words as she thought it wasn’t really necessary to praise your ex in front of your wife no matter what.

       It took some seconds after a short pause before finally Tiffany said something to Taeyeon.

       While holding her stare seriously and squeezing her hands, she asked her.

       “Taetae... I think I like this girl... and I think I trust her as well... Listen to me carefully. If my time finally reaches the end, I want you struggle for her love again. Start it again and let her take care of...”

       “NO!”

       “Don’t be stubborn, Taeyeon. This time you need to listen to me!”

       “And don’t be stubborn as well, Tiffany! I hate you said like you’d leave me tomorrow!”

       “We both knew it wouldn’t be long, Taetae! Why you can’t accept it?”

       “Because I love you! I love you so damn much! I love you as wide as the sky, as deep as the ocean, as long as I breath... as hell as anything I couldn’t mention in this world!” Taeyeon exclaimed frustatingly.

       “I LOVE YOU.... as much as my desire to keep alive... it’s as much as I will keep my love for you... If you’re not by my side, I don’t find any reason to face the world by tomorrow anymore, Tiff...”

       “So tell me... tell me how could I accept the fact that you’re going to leave me this way...”

       Tiffany remained silence, but her eyes already soaked with the tears.

       “Tae... I’m sorry... I only think the best for you...”

       Taeyeon shook her head sadly. She already poured her tears as well.

       “No. If you know me well, you suppose to know that the best thing in my life is only YOU. It’s an unchangable fact,” she said in sorrowful tone.

 

 

 

 

 

       “Need some company, Pretty?”

       In time after the call ended, a man with horrorstruck voice popped on Krystal’s sight and showed her yellowish teeth when he’s grinning toward her. Unconsciously Krystal was slightly shuddered and didn’t need to take much time, she already heard an alarm inside her heart. Krystal took a chance to glimpse around and what so unfortunate, seemed there’s nobody looked like pay attention on her, or even worse, it was more accurately to say, it was pretty quiet there.

       Krystal didn’t answer him and just rose from her chair, intended to dash and leave the place before the trouble came.

       But it wasn’t as easy as that. The guy already grabbed her hand roughly and forced her to sit again. And now, still hanging his smirk, he touched her chin.

       SLAP!

       “Don’t you dare!” Krystal shouted out and slapped the man hard on his cheek. And... ow ow...

       Getting slapped by a beautiful young girl like this absolutely lowered his pride already.

       The man his corner of lips and just leaned forward again. Her alcoholic breath was smelled.

       “You have no idea about me,” he said. “You made a wrong choice, Beautiful.”

       Afterward, with all his might, he was about to lauch his lips to force to kiss hers. And the man was so strong! No matter how hard Krystal struggled to release, it was only ended up in a failure. And it just turned him on more.

       Krystal only could manage to close her eyes and prayed silently, hoping for a miracle. But it’s a real life, man! She wasn’t in the middle of Iron Man shoot, where in time where Robert Downey Jr would come to save Gwyneth!

       Or... did the miracle always work for people with beautiful heart like her?

       As she heard a loud thud sound, she opened her eyes.

       The guy already fell down on the ground, with one of his hand rubbed his , and his face, undeniably, revealed a painful expression.

       And for adding the surprise, in front of the guy, a boy standing with his back face Krystal, was about to lunch his punch to the face again.

       For the first time, Krystal caught the man seemed so freak out of the boy!

       “D-don’t... Don’t punch me! I’m sorry! I’m sorry!”

       “I accept your apologize, but it won’t restrict me to give you some lesson!”

       “Please... I swear I won’t do it again!”

       “If this time I release you, I’m sure you will do it again later!”

       “NO!!!! I swear. I will fix my attitude!”

       Krystal scrutinized the scene for the moment. She couldn’t get the figure who just helped her not long ago, but deep inside her heart she started to... kind of curious and adore him as well...

       And as she realized it would make some scene and her helper would get into trouble if someone called for police and reported it as a fight, she hastily chimed in.

       “... Urm... W-what if just let him go?” Krystal asked. “I don’t want you get into some trouble by hitting someone you even didn’t know.”

       “But he made some mess with you. He should learn how to respect woman.”

       “Don’t worry about it. Though you give him a lesson today, there’s still million guys like him still roam around us. Just call me... not that lucky, today.”

       “Not that lucky?” the helper repeated in such a cool tone.

       Krystal didn’t know how but she unconsciously smiled and her fear just gone at all.

       “Not that lucky before you save me. So I think I’m lucky now.”

       The helper nodded his head in the dark and slowly released his grip.

       “Go now before I change my mind!” he barked to the jerk and didn’t wait for second command, the jerk just dashed leaving the place and vanished just within seconds.

 

       Finally as the helper walked slowly to approach her, Krystal started to able to identify him. As the figure was visible enough to see, Krystal unconsciously gulped.

       “Are you okay?”

       Krystal only could manage to nod. For the first time she realized... it was her very first time felt so frozen in front of other people. Usually, it was her... who successfully made the other stunned by her beauty or other features.

       “Do you have some date here?” the helper asked again. Krystal shook. There’s still no words release from .

       The helper looked around again as if looking for someone.

       “Or are you waiting for someone here?”

       Krystal shook her head again.

       “So... you... just on your own here???”

       Krystal nodded.

       “Unbelievable. Pretty girl like you wasn’t supposed to be here alone,” the helper said bluntly, but the tone was still so cool and respectful.

       “It wasn’t really safe here, if you haven’t known yet,” the helper added in concern tone.

       There’s a short pause before finally Krystal could manage to say something.

       “Thank you... for saving me...”

       “Doesn’t matter. God still bless you,” the helper said casually. Then the helper proffered hand to her.

       “Come on. Let me send you home.”

       Krystal didn’t immediately react. It somehow made the helper smile and Krystal felt her heart just raced out when her saw the smile. It was rather to cute.

       “Wae? Are you afraid of me too? Am I look like a jerk too?” the helper asked cutely while frowning.

       It successfully made Krystal giggled.

       “No.” She answered and finally took the hand while getting up.

       “Great. Mind telling me your name? Or else, I’d call you Princess.”

       Krystal smiled secretly hearing the blunt adorable remarks from the stranger. Normally it might be disgusting if someone call you Princess, but somehow she didn’t find it so when it came out from the helper mouth.

       “Korean or American?” This time Krystal started to have courage to helper.

       “Huh?”

       “Just answer me.”

       “Korean.”

       “Soo Jeong.”

       A smile played across the helper face.

       “A proper name.”

       “Thank you...” Krystal suddenly stopped as she realized she didn’t know the name yet.

       “Chinese or English?” This time it was the helper turn to tease.

       “English.”

       “Good choice, Soo Jeong. Or may I call you Krystal?”

       “H-how could you know my Western name?”

       “Ah, so it’s true? Just a simple guess,” the helper widened the smile. “So you can have hundreds names depends on the country, right?” the helper threw a simple joke.

       Krystal smiled comfortably. “Your name...?” She repeated again.

       The helper coolly pressed the car key and after some teet-toot sound indicating the door already unlocked, the one gently opened the door for her.

       “You can call me Amber. Despite of the circumstance, it’s very nice to meet you.”

       “It’s nice to meet you too, Amber.”

       Yes, he was a girl.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

       “Taetae... I’m sorry,” Tiffany cried as she already realized her words had hurt Taeyeon, though she actually had good intention.

       “The point isn’t about you’re sorry or not, Tiffany,” Taeyeon replied weakly. “I think you will never understand what I feel about you.”

       “I~...”

       “I think I need to take some time to be alone,” Taeyeon cut off and turned around.

       “Tae... Don’t leave me.”

       Taeyeon tilted her head once again. “No. It’s you... who always said about leaving thing.”

 

 

 

to be continued...

 

Will Amber be able to replace Taeyeon? Are you smiling?

And ow ow... why Taeny gets involved into bickering in the difficult time like this?

Some comments about both couples would be much appreciated.

Come on, make my day? :)