The Words that Taeyeon Can't Keep

THE EDGE OF REVENGE (1-37 END) / OOPS YOU DIALED THE WRONG NUMBER (38-xx)

CHAPTER 33

 

 

 

 

       “Seobang... W-what does it mean? I... I don’t really get it,” Jessica stammered after reading the message. Yuri, who actually had no idea yet too, tried her best to calm down her lover by hugging her by waist.

       “It doesn’t sound good, Honey,” she muttered. “Seems Taeyeon got something bad while Tiffany hadn’t known about it yet... And... I think Taeyeon, as usual, bothered to share it with Tiffany.”

       “Seobang... Call Tae, maybe?”

       Yuri just managed to nod her head and immediately tried to reach Taeyeon. At first, the line just ended at voicemail box; however Yuri just kept trying as she couldn’t bear to see worry expression written all over her lover’s face. Besides, she also couldn’t help to not make it clear. No, since it related with her best friends, person she loved so much as well.

       As Yuri about to give up since Taeyeon seemed don’t have any intention to pick the call up, the crack voice was heard over there.

       “Yul...”

       Although the voice was so crack, Yuri still could recognize it as her best friend’s one.

       “Tae... Taetae, oh my God. W-where are you? And what happened to you? You make me and Sica worry to the dead... A-are you ok?”

       Once Yuri threw the stupid question, Jessica shook her head and sent glare toward her. She mouthed “of course not” and it made Yuri realized how fool her question was. But still, Taeyeon remained silence for a while, until Yuri asked again with softer tone.

       “You aren’t with Tiffany, are you?”

       “Ne...,” finally Taeyeon replied. “But... how you know?”

       Yuri gasped a bit. “Y-you know she’s going to undergo surgery...?”

       There’s a short pause as Taeyeon needed some time to take Yuri’s words.

       A drop of tears streamed down her cheek, but she couldn’t help to not to smile as well.

       “She... gonna do it?” Taeyeon repeated unconsciously.

       “Y-you... really don’t know about it?” Yuri asked back in worry tone.

       “What did she say to you?” Taeyeon kept asking, ignoring Yuri’s puzzleness.

       Didn’t want to make it harder, Yuri decided to explain to Taeyeon first about all the things she knew.

       “Tiffany gave Sica text, saying that finally her brother would like to do the transplantation for her. She said in such exciting way, so... in contrary with you. Please, Taeyeon, tell us, what’s going on. We’d like to help.”

        “It’s nothing,” Taeyeon answered briefly. “For me, the most important thing is... Tiffany would be safe.”

        Looking from Yuri expression, Jessica started to feel impatient as she knew Yuri just got fail to get some explanation from Taeyeon. She shook her head and gave cue to her girlfriend to pass the cell to her and let her talked to Taeyeon this time.

       “Taeyeon,” this time the blonde spoke up with stern voice.

       “I need the explanation from your text message,” she demanded.

       Taeyeon gulped. There’s something difficult to reject inside the tone. And finally, along with her overflowing tears, she started to spill it out. She muffled and managed to let it out.

       “I-I came to her brother’s house,” she said. “To persuade him... to consider about her sister...”

       “And I think I’m too fool. I’m really a fool...”

       “F-fool for what, Taetae?”

       “He tricked me, trapped me with some tea containing some transquilizer.”

        Jessica gasped and widened her eyes listening the confession. Her heart felt like racing out now as she started to feel get the total idea. She really couldn’t imagine it. No... It couldn’t happen!

       “Before I lost my consciousness... I heard he said... He’d like to help Tiffany if I give her my body,” Taeyeon said bitterly.

       Jessica’s jaw dropped open. She didn’t say anything at all, or more accurately... she felt lost of words. What could she say after all? Yuri, who noticed her girlfriend expression, quickly pulled her into her hug and patted her back for a moment. Jessica, who was still speechless, just lean her head on Yuri’s shoulder, and tried hard to overcome her shock state.

       “Sica?” Taeyeon’s voice heard faintly.

       “N-ne?” Finally Jessica could speak again.

       “You get it now?” she asked again.

       “Taetae...,” It’s the only word came out from Jessica’s mouth.

       “I don’t regret it,” Taeyeon said again. “So don’t feel sorry for me. You know I’d do anything, anything... I’d like to lose anything... just for the girl named Tiffany Hwang. I love her too much... too much, beyond everything in this world. I just... being sad... because I can’t spend my time with her little bit longer...”

       “W-what do you mean, Kim?”

       “Sica, if you’re me... Do you think you’re still deserve her? Will you dare to come back to Yuri with this condition?”

        “But... But it’s not fair, Taeng! And besides, I’m sure Tiffany would understand and receive...”

        “She doesn’t need to know about it!” Taeyeon cut. “I don’t want she knows about this,” Taeyeon muttered. “I don’t want she knows about what her brother has done to me. I can’t bear her be shattered once she figured it out... It would kill her. There’s no point I’d back to her again. I don’t deserve her. I’m dirty. And I believe sooner or later, she’d find someone...someone out of there who’s really mean to be with her... Who’s really worth to wait. And when that day comes, I’d make sure I’d smile sincerely for her, for the day I leave her because I really love her...”

 

 

 

 

 

 

       Tiffany slowly opened up her eyes as she felt a gentle touch her cheek. She jolted in surprise when she said whose it belonged to. But her surprise feeling just quickly turned into happiness one as she discovered that the person laying beside her now was the girl she loved most.

       “Hi,” Taeyeon smiled and stared.

       “Taetae...,” Tiffany whispered.

       “Sorry, I woke you up.”

       Tiffany widened her smile and got herself closer to the dork.

       “You come and go as you want,” she threw some protest. “And I can’t reach you...”

       “I’m sorry,” Taeyeon cut off and quickly landed a peck on her forehead. She pulled Tiffany into her hug again, this time was so tight, as if don’t want to lose her forever.

       “I don’t mean to make you upset.”

       “Tae,” Tiffany pulled back a bit to make a chance to see her face. “That’s not the point. I wasn’t upset. I was worried much about you. You’re my everything. I’m sorry if I... I was so clingy with you, I hope you... you don’t bother..,” Tiffany admitted bluntly, making the latter smile even wider.

       Taeyeon kissed again, this time in her lips, to make her hushed.

       “You’re my everything too,” she said.

       “So... where’re you going?”

       “I... just meet some old friends. We had some drinks and sorry, I’m really sorry, I just missed your call.”

       “Make it up to me,” Tiffany pouted and huffed her cheeks. Taeyeon giggled and nodded her head obediently.

(I’ll make it up to you, Fanny-ya. I’d do. Moreover... It’s my last time... It’s our last time... After all... After making sure your surgery success, I’d leave... And you... you gradually would forget Kim Taeyeon and find someone... someone else, out of there...)

       “How?”

       “Marry me.”

       “?”

       “I know you’d proposed me, but I want we officially get married, my Taetae. And also, ask Yulsic to come here as well to be our witnessess.”

       “Oh,” Taeyeon felt so surprise. Tiffany frowned and her expression turned into slightly sad one.

       “Do I ask too much, Tae?”

       Taeyeon quickly made a fake smile. “Ani,” she shook her head. “I just imagined all the things I’d prepare for our occasion,” she improvised. “And of course, there’s nothing too much for the person for her I’d like to die thousands times.”

       Tiffany smiled again, brightly, hearing the sweet remarks from her beloved one. She couldn’t help but kiss Taeyeon and hugged her tight after all.

       “Taetae... You have no idea how much I love you.”

       “You have no idea about my love toward you too, Fanny-ya,” Taeyeon replied.

(I’m sorry, Fanny-ya, for your last request... I can’t make it... I just can’t... Sorry...)

 

to be continued...