It's My First Kiss...

THE EDGE OF REVENGE (1-37 END) / OOPS YOU DIALED THE WRONG NUMBER (38-xx)

 

CHAPTER 5

 

 

 

 

 

 

KTY

       I could see the girl made a hard effort to not letting the tears run down her cheek; however don’t call me Kim Taeyeon if I just couldn’t notice simple stuff like that. She looked at me and pretended nothing’s bad happened.

       “W-what are you doing here?” she asked me curiously.

       “I think I could be anywhere I want,” I replied nonchalantly and shrugged my shoulder. Of course, it didn’t answer her question at all.

       “I mean,” she seemed slightly annoyed. “I thought you’d already left.”

       “Not really,” I said. “I just dropped myself around here to have some drink. And then lucky you, I found you,” I smirked.

       “Lucky me?” she pointed out herself. Again, pretending nothing’s happened.

(It’s enough. Cut the crap)

       “Don’t cry,” finally I spilled out the words. I never said sort of “sweet words” like that before. I was tend to be someone who didn’t like to meddle into someone business. But… toward this one… I didn’t know… why I acted like this…

       “Huh?” she seemed taken aback hearing my remarks.

       “Don’t cry for him. He’s not worth it for your tears.”

       “I didn’t cry,” again she denied. I chuckled and shook my head. Why she had to hide it from me? To save her dignity? To not let me see her another weakness point? To keep me away from bullying her further?

       “Oh, good,” I decided to play around with her. “So what happened with the couple thing you’ve sneaked a peek not long ago?”

       She was jolted in surprise discovering I’ve witnessed everything.

       “Nothing,” she uttered. Really, she had to learn 10 more years to be a professional actress.

       “Nothing?” I laughed pathetically and just grabbed her hand, dragging her to get closer to the window.

       “Look,” I insisted and pointed out them with my eyes. The scene absolutely revealed they both were sitting face to face, their hands were locked on the table, and their face definitely reflected some brightness and happiness that even a kindergarten child one could tell that they were not just a friend.

       “W-what’s wrong with it?” she still persisted and acted stupid.

       “Why didn’t you just admit it?” I began to be slightly impatient. “Why you kept denying that he’d already cheated on you and that he didn’t love you. It’s the fact and though hurt you have to learn to deal with it.”

       “Why did you seem so sure? I haven’t even confirmed it yet. What if they only a… best friend?” she said the phrase “best friend” feebly, making me turned into frustration even more.

       It didn’t make any sense. Even without saying any words, the gesture they made already confirmed that they’re an item.

        And I began to think that during this time… probably it’s her… it’s Tiffany – the one who had been an “option”… Probably Dong Hae never regarded her as her official girlfriend… He took advantage from this stupid girl… It’s not him who cheated on her; otherwise, Tiffany was the one who been a halt if (probably) Dong Hae get bored with his original girlfriend. Considering about the possibility really made me felt super sorry to this poor girl.

       I felt so speechless and like had no way to make her get soberness back.

       But even before I had any chance to utter my mind again, suddenly the door had already opened and Dong Hae’s girlfriend just stepped out from the café. Oh, seemed they didn’t back home together. The girl left the location first, and when I caught Dong Hae was about to step out as well, suddenly I got the idea.

       I also caught Tiffany was about to approach him but I hastily held her hand, making her stop at her track.

       “W-what?” she asked me confusingly.

       I shook my head as I’d already known what she was going to do.

       “Don’t do it in front of him, trust me,” I said solemnly.

       “What are you talking about?”

       “Okay my Dear Mushroom,” I trailed off in some way to show that it’s time to end this stupid tacitly game.

        “This is what gonna happen. You’re going to ask him about the girl and then he’d seemed surprise for a moment and I knew he’d say she’s nothing. Instead he’d say that you’re number one, the only one and bla3… and eventually it would melt your heart again and you’d just forgive him and let bygone by bygone. For adding some dramatic effect, probably you couldn’t bear it but will cry while you’re burying your head into his chest. While you aren’t able to look at him, he’ll pat your back and displayed a sly smile and said secretly: look, I’ve fooled you again.”

       I spilled it out fluently like could foresee the future even without any pause to take some breath. But I hope it would earn a huge impact. She seemed screamingly taken aback with my complete remarks. I smirked in victory, anticipating for her respond.

(What will you say now? Will you deny it again, Mushroom?)

       Discovering she hadn’t responded me yet, I decided to “bluff” her again. Bluffing was one of my favorite habit, so just you know. Hehehe.

       “Okay, sorry if I got it wrong. I think I’m really not necessary to stay here,” I quickly turned away and pretended to leave.

(Stop me… Stop me… Stop me…)

       I prayed silently and suddenly I heard her called out my name. YES! I suppressed my victorious smile and put an impassive expression once I faced her again.

       “What?” I sounded indifferent.

       “Y-you… right,” finally she remarked. “I hate to admit it… but all the things you’d fired away were… right… I wasn’t didn’t know that… but… I really hope… I kept hoping… it wasn’t true… I was too afraid to…”

       “So you just kept denying the truth during this time?” I chimed in and stepped toward her.

       “I… I really have no idea what supp…”

       “No worries,” I cut off again. “I’d give you the idea.”

       “Wh~…”

       In time, the door was squeaking again as it’s opened. Dong Hae was popped and caught us and I just did my plan.

       I quickly pulled her neck to get closer to me and angled my face. I dropped her kiss without even giving her any chance to recover. Afterward I released myself and quickly turned around to face dumbfounded Dong Hae.

       I casually walked toward him and grinned.

       “Hi. You probably wondered what we’d just done,” I piped in as I saw either Dong Hae or Tiffany hadn’t recovered from the sudden scene yet.

       “Lemme tell you this time. Don’t make me repeat it next time,” I said with my typical tone.

       “I had crush on her and if next time I found you hurt her again, I promise I’ll after her and that time I promise as well you’d regret it. Please note that and…,” I trailed off while still displaying a mocking smile on my face.

       “It’s not nice to meet you,” I said sarcastically and patted his shoulder, then towing dumbfounded Tiffany to reach my car.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

TH

       I heard she hummed relaxingly while driving. I still tried to composure myself again after experiencing the thing I’d never expected before. She kissed me. Oh man… She kissed me… And heyyyy why I didn’t even pulled back from her kiss???? It’s because I was late to respond it… or because… I… naturally… didn’t have any intention to pull back??? Hell, what am I thinking about???

       But… But… despite the sudden way, I could feel… her kiss was so gently… Even I never got it from Dong Hae Oppa… She didn’t force me… I didn’t felt be intimidated… Even until now… I could still feel her warm lips still brushed mine. OMOOOO…. What am I thinking about???? I hit my head in frustration, making her looked at me in bemusement.

       “Mwo?” she asked.

       “Ummm… Aniya…,” I replied.

        “Apgujong, rite?” she asked me briefly. How could she act as poised as this, even still remember my address after all this time.

       “Sansangnim…,” I called out dubiously.

       “Yeah?” she tilted her head and looked at me.

       “Why… did you… suddenly… kiss me?” I asked dubiously again.

       Strangely she let out a giggle.

       “Was it bothering you?” she asked back, instead of answering my question. “Mianhae,” she added before I had any chance to respond.

       Mianhae????? She apologized???? For kissing me??? Wait… wait… Wasn’t it… suppose that I should be thankful… she did it to save me???? She did the brilliant idea I’ve never expected before to save stranger like me???? And now a bossy person like her said “mianhae” to me????

       Oh, it’s absolutely not right.

       “Oh… not… not like that. You don’t need to be sorry…”

       “Oh, I’m glad you aren’t mad then,” she smiled.

       “But you… haven’t answered my question… Why did you…”

       “Didn’t you see?” she said coolly. “I just saved you from the tears.”

       I just realized she’s right. I hadn’t noticed it yet before she told me the reason. I hadn’t noticed that… all of my painful feeling that I supposed to feel had already gone. I even didn’t think about him at all… I… didn’t care about him anymore?????

       “And hence,” she added. “Opened up his eyes to see how such a fool he’s if he let himself loses you.”

       Again I felt myself startled hearing her remarks. In some way… it touched my heart. Moreover, when the remarks came out from a mouth of bossy person like her.

       “D-do you think… it would be his loss… if he loses me?”

       She heaved a huge sigh.

       “Geezzzz… Why you couldn’t see how precious you’re?” She shook her head in disbelief.

       “Lemme lecture you something. Don’t let yourself seemed so desperate in front of any guy. Instead of being sorry and treating you better, they’d only considering it as your weakness and eventually would take any advantage from it.”

       There’s short pause.

       “Is it… your first time?” she piped up again, this time made me slightly startled.

       “W-what?”

       “The… kiss…,” I could see her face was blushed into red when she released the question. I couldn’t help but laughing.

       “It even couldn’t be counted as a kiss, Babo,” I said.

       “Huh?” she seemed didn’t get it. “But… our lips met…,” she explained innocently, making me burst into laughter even harder.

       “Oh my God… I could give you a real kiss to make you understand what which supposed to be called as a kiss,” I kept laughing as I thought Dong Hae wasn’t a good kisser. But strangely, she didn’t take my joke. She was remained silent.

       “Am I… that stupid?” she asked innocently, making me suddenly hushed.

       “Huh?”

       “I guessed… yes,” she answered her own question sadly.

       I passed Gangnam Station and turned the wheel, then put my gaze to her again.

       “What are you talking about?” I asked gently, this time I thought I need to be serious.

       “It’s such a shame to tell,” she mumbled and suddenly my heart like be flustered and I felt many butterflies came from my stomach, anticipating what she’s going to tell.

       “It’s… my first kiss…”

       I suddenly stomped the brake hearing her innocent confession. It’s very awkward, you know. I felt like almost laughing, yet felt so sorry for her. Literally it really… caught me off guard.

       “You must be kidding me,” I tried to let out a laugh but failed. It sounded like horse whining, instead.

      I faced her and knew… she’s absolutely not kidding.

      “Six months and he never gave you a kiss,” I mumbled.

      “Maybe… I didn’t deserve it?”

      Geezzzzzz…. This girllll!!! I couldn’t hold it but knocking her forehead again.

      “Ouch… What…”

       “Remember, from this now on I’d knocking your forehead again until you’re totally sober,” I said.

      “Can’t you see it, Tiffany?” this time I asked gently. “Can’t you see that, that you’re so lovable. And in a blink you can even make a lot of people fall for you?”

       Gradually, I could see her displayed a smile. Discovering it, somehow made me smile along with her.

       “Were you… telling the truth or… just… trying to encourage me?”

       Another stupid question was released. I giggled again.

       “With my attitude and behavior you’d already known, do you think I’m kinda person like to tell some crap?”

       She couldn’t answer my rhetorical question.

       “I think…,” she trailed off. “You’re sort of… fair and straightforward person,” finally she said.

       I widened my smile. “Good you got the knowledge.”

       There’s another short pause before finally she asked me to stop my car.

       “Oh, here is my flat,” she said and I peered up through the window, finding a luxurious apartment building.

       Strangely, she didn’t directly get out as if we still had something to discuss. And strangely as well, I felt… like want to relish this moment any longer…

       I cleared my throat to kill the awkwardness.

       “Sajangnim…,” she finally said.

       “Just Taeyeon, please,” she hastily cut off, let me called her by her name only. Actually, it made me slightly surprised. I looked at her confusingly.

       She nodded my head in order to assure me as she caught me seemed taken aback.

 

 

 

KTY

       “Gomapseumni…”

       “Just drop the formality please,” I chimed in again, adding another surprise for her.

       “Oh… gomawoy…,” she’s about to say “gomawoyo” but I smirked and quickly cut off again.

       “Just using banmal, I don’t mind,” I grinned dorkily. Triple surprise in a row.

       Making her speechless at the end.

       I widened my smile.

       “Gomawo, Taeyeon~aaa,” finally she could manage to say it. This time, really cheerfully. And I found it really cute. I really liked when she acted like this.

       “Gomawo, for the ride… and…,” she enhanced.

       “For the saving kiss,” her face was blushed again. Aihhh… This girl…

       “I’d be glad if you don’t consider it as your first kiss,” I uttered. “You deserve a better first kiss one!

       We laughed along afterward.

       “Whatever, thank you. You’ve made my day.”

       “Anytime,” I replied cool and saw her waved her hand.

       Though I found myself still wanted to see her entered the building, as I didn’t want to seem so weird, I just rolled up the passenger window and moved my car.

       Afterward, alone in my car, I played with my thought.

(I’m not sure with what happened with me… But… aihhh… why I suddenly felt like… happy to see you smile? And why suddenly I felt like addicted to you, Babo Mushroom??? Please tell me, Mushroom, do you feel the same? Or do I have to fight this feeling?)

 

 

 

 

 

Read juseyo!

It's important to read. I need to explain this and I think you need to read this to get the complete visualization about the latest scene.

Hangugmal (Korean Language) basically consists of three forms: 

1. polite formal (mostly be used in formal forum, toward the boss, professor, elder people, parents, etc)

It was easily recognized by "...mnida / seumnida" So when you heard verb stem + mnida/seumnida, most presumably it belongs to polite formal words. That's why for the first time, Tiffany said "gomapseumnida." 

The other way to say thank you in this form is "gamsahamnida".

 

2. polite informal (usually be used to someone to show some respect, someone you don't know that well, outside the formal circumstance)

It was easily recognized by "...yo". So maybe you've already heard about many remarks using "yo" as their last syllable. That's right. Adding "yo" just made the words become polite enough. That's why for the second time, Tiffany rephrased it became "gomawoyo"

The other way to say thank you in this form is "gamsahaeyo"

 

3. banmal (just be used for daily conversation between friends or to junior. Using banmal to random people could be considered as rude and impolite way to talk).

Best friend, couple, sunbae (senior) to hunbae (junior) mostly use this form.

So that's why for the last time, finally Tiffany rephrased her remarks again into "gomawo", as Taeyeon allowed her to use banmal. And in some way, it could be considered as someone had already felt comfortable with you and (maybe) intend to make any closer relationship with you. (If your boss doesn't ask you so, don't you dare to use BANMAL when you're talking to him :p)

 

I hope this information will dodge you from any bemusement and clear enough to be absorbed.

 

Ilgeoseo gamsahaeyo! (Thank you for reading) ^^

 

 

 

 

Do you like the way Taeyeon save and treat Tiffany?

And how I suppose to continue this story?

Let Taeyeon flows her feelings or just make her fight it?

It's really up to you. So just comment what you want me to do.

If the responses I get not adequate yet, don't blame me if I make Tae fight the feeling.

*smirking*

 

 

to be continued...